CKEY: sumter

Your Discord: N/A

Offender’s CKEY: Tyranicranger4

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11/14/2021

Round Number: 34048

Rules Broken (if relevant): None

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

• Do not resolve tickets/reports about you.

*Before the event even begins a player vote must be held (OOC Tab) with a majority in favor of participating in the event.

Incident Description: Spawned a space dragon and a xeno infestation at the same time. Personally took control of the xeno queen, and only killed one person with it (myself) before dying, round removing me via chestbursting. Closed the ticket as IC when I ahelped to complain.

Additional Information: All I wanted to do was build a god damn custom shuttle that I’ve been working on for half an hour as CE at the time of the incident. Bit pissed that this stuff happens when it’s been bees MO to be mundane and supportive of long -term autism projects. It’s worse when it was an admin who did it to me, and only me (for they were bad at playing xenos and died shortly after). Admin claims they didn’t spawn them, but what are the chances both spawn near each other next to engineering at the hour twenty or so mark when literally nothing happens that interesting even several hours in?

Edit: The space dragon was the other moderator Ivniinvi. Wow. Really cool.

1 Like

Space dragon and xenos were random. I’ll pull the logs right now.

I was present in the round, both events were drafted at random. We were surprised about it as well, initially thinking that the round was set to dynamic.

Yknow you can download the bee source code and then run your own private server for doing autism projects on without having to deal with other people. In fact running your own private ss13 server cpuld be said to be the highest level of autism one can achieve on this mortal coil.

2 Likes

Nov 15, 2021 @ 03:40:09.058 GAME: Random Event triggering: Minor Space Dust (/datum/round_event/space_dust)
Nov 15, 2021 @ 03:39:50.694 GAME: Random Event triggering: Alien Infestation (/datum/round_event/ghost_role/alien_infestation)
Nov 15, 2021 @ 03:36:10.690 GAME: Random Event triggering: Random Human-level Intelligence (/datum/round_event/ghost_role/sentience)
Nov 15, 2021 @ 03:35:48.182 GAME: Random Event triggering: Spawn Space Dragon (/datum/round_event/ghost_role/space_dragon)
Nov 15, 2021 @ 03:30:19.424 GAME: Random Event triggering: Camera Failure (/datum/round_event/camera_failure)

Also, I marked it as IC, not Tyranic.

That’s the funny thing about this game isn’t it? Games supposed to be wild and wacky but all everyone wants to do on bee is be in their own little world doing their little projects for hours, and that’s what Bee caters to as a playerbase. It’s only when I want to do one I get my ass gibbed with no chance of revival by having two most dangerous event antags spawn relatively next to me.

Even if it was random (which is astronomically unlikely) don’t you think it’s a bit shitty that they were taken by the only admins online and the antag the could permanently round remove got the person they practically spawned next to? Had you not taken them were there even any other ghosts who were around who would of taken them? If not, they wouldn’t of spawned at all.

1 Like

The nature of RNG is that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I just posted logs that prove that the events were actually randomly selected, but since I was the dragon, I’ll request that an uninvolved admin confirms that the logs are not manufactured. Also, keep in mind, that was my first IC role in about three weeks.

They were both random as both me and Ivnii have already said, not sure what other response you’re looking for.

What exactly did you expect to happen when you chase a xeno queen into an enclosed space while trying to shoot them?

Admins are allowed to take mid rounds.

As for the actual policy I allegedly broke there was no large scale intervention from my end this round. Certainly nothing that would be considered an event.

I also didn’t resolve your ticket iirc.

That’s sad to hear. Wish you played as a crewmember though instead of the free murder monster. Even if you rolled traitor with an objective to kill me I’d at least be less mad about it. You did a great job at bee-lining and gibbing the AI and going full murderbone so at least you got to enjoy yourself. Few people ever get to do that here.

The goal of the space dragon is to establish its dominance over the local area of space. I set myself a harder goal than my assigned goal (the cmo), I wanted to try to kill all the heads of staff, as that fits my IC role of establishing dominance. The nearest target was the AI, after which I took the following actions:

Kill all the slimes in xeno for free healing
Go to med looking for the cmo
Get shot at and run away
Having seen you chasing me this entire time with a fire axe, tail swipe you and steal the axe, then go to engi to try to get you inside so I could wallstun you
You weren’t there, so I looked for others.
Most other people I killed provided healing to me, so that’s direct benefit, I tried to keep my health at full because the dragon is relatively squishy
Die to a chemist with an elance

Regardless, that’s not relevant to the report.

I don’t think the AI counts as a head of staff? I was like “well fuck” when I saw you bee-lining for the AI. they had like a literal second of warning before you bursted in and round removed them due to the stupidly close proximity to the sat where you spawned. I tried to wave you down and get you to not kill the AI and try to RP it out but you went full unga and so the whole shit-show started.

1. In my eyes, the AI is a head of staff
  2. The dragon doesn’t hear when the crew gets warned
  3. You ran at me with a fire axe
  4. My behavior as the dragon is irrelevant, make a player report if you think I broke a rule.

You didn’t break a rule the same as the other guy. If you had anything to do with what I’m upset about the other admin for breaking conduct then that’s what it is. I’m sure the AI player is just as pissed as me that you decided to go for him first because he was an easy target. If you already made up your mind to kill all the heads of staff, me having a fire axe wouldn’t of changed anything. Sadly you couldn’t hear me because of space, and there was no way in hell I was going to get within a tile of you to have a conversation.

TBH I expect this is just going to be proven as the craziest random coincidence that could’ve possibly happened and you guys are going to get off because there’s no rule for admins taking murderbone event antags and the conduct page actually ENCOURAGES you to force spawn them after the 90 minute mark, though probably not directly control them like you did.

It just hits differently to be killed by another player controlling a monster than it does by what is effectively the gods themselves doing it.

Conduct does indeed encourage rounds to brought to a close after a specific amount of time. However, spawning/triggering a midround and then taking it for yourself would be a policy violation. That’s not what happened though. Two separate mid rounds spawned randomly and the people who rolled them just happened to be admins. There is nothing more to this. Admins are allowed to play the game and we are allowed to take ghost roles as long as we didn’t create them.

1 Like

Like I said I don’t really expect foul play at this point and that it was indeed a crazy bullshit one in a million situation. I always suspected RNGesus hated me but holy shit. Normally what happens is we get xenos like maybe once or twice a day; I just had a round as detective that was a greenshift on the second server, with no event antags in the two hours the game went on for. I played a game yesterday where I observed for over an hour and no antag events spawned. I really wish there was a bit less randomness in the event system so we could actually get ghosts things to do and encourage shorter rounds outside of admin fuckery. I also wish admins were more encouraged to do fun little things from time to time instead of just “murder the crew” which is why I left for like a year. I did like what you did with sentient nuke ops pun pun!

2 Likes

Checked logs myself JUST to confirm it, they where random events. so the basis of this report is null and void,

As such, report denied. no further action is needed