Troontjelolo1010 Admin Application (Dutchtide Worldwide)

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Troontjelolo1010
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
ThomasTheDOOT (#2218)
How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
Depends heavily on multiple factors, I am currently in highschool (Studying for a VWO diploma, if you want me to explain ask in the replies) and thus I can be busy with homework sometimes. Along with that, I participate in junior baseball. It is safe to assume that I am most active from wednesday to saturday, each day I am free for about four to six hours. All other days are coinflips, but likely I’ll still be free for about two hours. Recently, I have quit my job as a pizza delivery boy though (to focus on my education), so that should help. (CET/CEST, The Netherlands)
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
One more janitor during euro times usually helps. I’ve noticed Euro times are always so-so with admin availability.
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be a moderator?:
Eurotime usually doesn’t have a lot of admins on (unless all Euromins are Stealthmins) so I would like to change that, even if it’s mostly just from wednesdays trough saturdays. Along with that, I usually still see the usual LRP nonsense happening. I want to reduce that. All according to the plannedemic and all that.
How long have you been playing SS13?:
2016-2018, 2020-now.
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Since 2020-11-09 (Y/M/D)
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
7/10
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
6/10
Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Yes, I am a moderator in a medium sized discord server.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Yes, but I swear to god I cannot remember the CKEY nor password. I last used it in 2018. Although I never played on beestation with it shouldn’t be a huge issue.
Your strengths:
My justice is blind (Although as far as I have noticed, this is the case for all beemins).
I find myself creative at solving problems.
I think I’m a very understanding person from where people are coming from (Although this doesn’t mean I have to agree with them).
I have loooots of roleplay experience, from Roblox to SS13.
Your weaknesses:
I am still in highschool which, especially VWO, brings a lot of work onto the table.
I have noticed, that besides me being an understanding person that I am still very quick to anger. My whole life I have had issues with anger managing problems, and although this has of course become less worse over time, it can sometimes still be an issue. This also results in me being too harsh or direct on people. Not that admins have to suggercoat, but I dont think coming over as an ass is a good idea.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
An unneeded amount of sarcasm and players who never let others do their jobs (i.e. Engineer shoving the new engineer out of the way so that they can set up the SM for the millionth time instead of let the new engineer try). Basically, people with superiority complexes.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Be blind (not literally) in your rulings. See what both side has to say and apply the same logic to both sides.
What makes a staff team good?:
Good communication, both when talking about other players, other staff members, what the rules exactly mean and how the server should be ran.
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
The staff team are the people who make sure the game is enjoyable for the most amount of people by enforcing the rules, so that it is ensured everyone can play the game in a way that is enjoyable for everyone around them.
What kind of player are you?:
I like to be very literal. Very by the books kind of guy. This is also why space law needs a rewrite, but that is besides the point. I like to be social and talk with others, since I enjoy communicating with people. Both ICly and OOCly.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I’ll probably gain a lot more respect for staff members, since if I do become an admin, I will see how overwhelming it can be. This might also lead to me being quicker to anger for a while, but I believe this will fade away as I get used to it.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Check if the clown is an antag. If he is, IC issue. If it is not, check the clown’s notes/bans. If he has two or three notes and no bans for light shittery like this, bwoink him and tell him to cut it off. I’d also inform him I’d be noting him and that this would likely be the final note before the bans start coming in. If he has at least one ban related to this (i.e. not an accidental SM delam ban), bwoink him, explain to him what he did was wrong, that he will be banned for this and depending on how he responds give him a 1-day to 3-day clown/mime job ban but no server ban. If he has just a horrible record for shittery like this, bwoink, explain he shouldn’t have done that and why and inform him that he will be getting a lengthy job ban along with a smaller server ban. Likely a month long clown/mime job ban and a one day server ban.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Adminprison his ass first and foremost. Check his hours: Zero hours? Obvious griff, perma ban. A good amount of hours? Ask him why he did it and unless he brings up the god of all reasons, ask a full admin if I can perma him for grief.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Diagnosis: (Skill) IC issue.

One yellow note for opening a trit canister on the shuttle, I didn’t know what trit was ATM since I had not played in a long time. Red note for “Beat somebody to crit and took them to medbay because they failed surgery on them a couple times.” Neutral note for “Overrode a warden’s pardon of a prisoner out of anger once the warden was gone.” Along with that, HOP/QM/CT month long ban for ordering a shitton amount of surplus crates without permission and a week long ban for selfie-antaggy.

Feel free to ignore me as I’m not a member of the staff, but I have few ‘test’ questions:

1. Warden strips a prisoner outside of their jail, then puts them into one and sets a timer of 5 minutes, after the sentence is finished warden completely ignores the prisoner and doesn’t know where is their stuff, refuses to help them and throws them naked into the hallway. Prisoner ahelps, what are you gonna do?
  2. You adminghost to check a ticket, you comeback to your body and see that you’re being grinded into meat by your fellow chef, what do you do?
  3. You join midround, see that there are 3 tickets about someone murderboning. You check the name, follow them and see them mid fight with what’s left of the security force, what do you do?

(I also failed to notice that admins forgot about your app, nice)
(Jesus, one month, really?)
@GameAdmin

Hoped other admins would throw in but I suppose I might aswel. excuse for the delays.

1. Security fought off the 3 pirates that arrive. Reports of traitor are going around and the HoS gives 2 officers the pirates e sabers to help them out. What do you do?
  2. you are a engineer, a assistent breaks in. toolboxes you to death and grabs your insuls then leaves. what do you do?

435h
8 notes, 3 of which are significant.

Most recent note is 3 months ago. (2 from time of applying)

I havent played too recently and I will wait for questions to be answered to add any significant opinion, but it looks good.

You hoped for a very long time tho.

Admitting to fucking up is better than hiding behind ‘others’ as a headmin, you know.

1 Like

Will get to all these questions tomorrow when I’m behind a computer and not a phone (and also not tired e.e).

I respect that you even want to be an admin after being ignored for so long.

1. Bwoink HOS, inform them that they are not allowed to just give out items that should and likely were in evidence lockers, since doing so is a violation of rules 2 and in this case also rule 12. Check their note/ban history.
  • Clean note/ban history regarding security = Note the HOS
  • Singular/minor note history = Week to month long security job ban.
  • At least 3 notes/1 ban about this kind of stuff = Month long security ban plus a three day server ban.
  • Shitseco supremo note/ban history = Permanent security job ban and a month long server ban (In case of the latter, in the case that I’m still a moderator when a situation like/similar to this occurs, I’d ask an admin to review the ticket and auth the ban).
  1. Ahelp. I was involved with the situation so it is out of the question that I handle it.

(I am incredibly bored so I am answering these aswell)

1. Inform the prisoner I’ll look into it, check logs to make sure I’m not being played like a damn fiddle and assuming I am not being played (like a damn fiddle) bwoink the warden. I inform them that they are breaking rule 3 by just completely ignoring SOP and Space Law. I would check their ban/note history and from there would decide what they’d be getting. Clean note/ban history regarding security would result in a note, one or two notes or one ban would, in this case, lead to a two week security ban because this is just awfully bad faith warden gameplay, along with a one day server ban. 3 more notes and/or a ban would extend it to a month long security ban plus a three day server ban. With all the previous option, I’d inform the warden of what would be happening and that they should read Space Law/SOP (again). However, no need to do that if they have shitsec supremo note/ban history because they’d be getting the wopping perma sec ban and a nice month long server ban (After getting an admin’s permission/ticket review, ofc).

2. Ahelp.

3. Bwoink the murder boner and tell them to retreat so I can talk to them without them being robusted by security because they were busy replying to bwoinks. If he refuses, give him the o’l adminjail. Murderbone bad. Either way, ask them their side of the story and check what exactly role/antag they are. Perhaps they have a good reason for all this senseless murder, oh, the horror. Perhaps they have a hijack objective or their antag/role type permits murderboning under certain situations. If they do come up with a convincing reason, check logs to make sure it is true and possibly also ask the people who ahelped about the murderboner for any details. If it turns out to be true and that they had good (i.e. not witness baiting) reasons to kill all those people, let him go.

If not, however, inform him that murderbone bad and that it is against rule 13 to murderbone as an antag without the proper reason to do so. If he’s go no ban/note history about this, tell him to knock it off, note him, remind them read the rules again and send them on their merry way back to be an antag with standards (Assuming he doesn’t go right back to boning). If they have a two or less notes about this, especially within the last month, slap an antag ban on them for a week. If they have a just plain bad history about this stuff, slap them with a month long antag ban. And if they have so many notes and, let’s say, 3 bans for murderboning already? Slap them with a permanent antag ban. Antags are for creating interesting roleplay scenarios, not genocide.

Application looking good so far. Here are some more questions just for the sake of it. Note, these are meant to be hard to answer. And it is fine if you get them wrong. Try to answer them to the best of your abilities though.

1. A engineer ahelps that they’ve been killed by an assistant for no reason near tech storage. Checking the traitor panel of the assistant you can see that the assistant has two steal objectives (blackbox and supermatter sliver) and the escape alive objective. What if anything do you do? And how do you respond to the ahelp?

2. The barber ahelps and asks to be made into a custom antagonist because they would like to run a gimmick revolving around harvesting organs from people. What if anything do you do? And how do you respond to the ahelp?

3. An antagonist miner ahelps asking for a tc-trade revive after they seem to have been killed by some small explosion on the mining shuttle. Once checking you can see that they haven’t used their tc at all. What if anything do you do? And how do you respond to the ahelp?

1. Check logs. If the engineer caught them breaking into tech storage, IC issue. If not, check note/ban history etc. I’ve already made clear what I do when I check the ban/note history. I don’t want to become a broken record.

2. Reject the ahelp, simple as.

3. Reply “Twenty TC, deal or no deal?” Deal: Gobble up all their TC for one Skill Issue Undoing under the guise of TOP SECRET SYNDIE TECH (NT DONUT STEAL). Still keeps an antag in the round whilst also forcing them to become more creative, good for the round progression. No deal? No dice. Shot it and missed, shit on a hit.

He had two steals from engi, its pure IC since he killed for access likely.

I guess that is fair enough. I was wrong on my answer to Q1 then. I’ll remember to take killing for access into consideration as a valid reason to off someone.

This is mostly an IC issue as @ReneAngel already stated. Killing for access is a valid reasoning. You can even go as far and kill multiple people in engineering if they go and interfer with you trying to get the supermatter sliver.

Got nothing more to add here. Turning people into antagonists should only be done in rare circumstances. And you should not allow someone to become an antagonist that has such an obvious murderbony side to it.

This was a trick question but i don’t fault you for not catching it. These ones are always hard to word without giving it away. Basically, you did not investigate what caused the explosion that killed said antagonist miner. You did not check if another traitor had the miner as a target either. This is especially important for IAA rounds. So don’t be too quick to give out aheals even for TC.

This is the only part that worries me here. Being an admin is not easy and you will deal with alot of rude people. Trying to stay as objective and calm as possible is very important in these situations and overall as an admin. Especially if you notice that someone is a new player. Just lashing out at them will change nothing if they didn’t understand why, what they did was wrong. I appreciate the honesty but it really shouldn’t be underestimated. There is a reason why admins burn out so quickly.

You don’t have alot of bans/notes which makes me believe you are worth giving a shot even though you should really work on your temperament. Going to give you a preemptive +0.5 while waiting for other admins input.

Thank you for input. Pointing these things out, especially the trick question, helps with keeping me on my toes when handling such situations.

Answers are lengthy and thick, I like it.

1. Looks good, personally I wouldn’t go for full server bans that early, but that depends (and I’m not an admin).
  2. Yes, you’d generally probably ping other admins on discord, but you will be taught that so ‘ahelp’ is a very nice answer.
  3. Is where you went good and wrong, lemme explain. (If you had no prior experience with admin tools in SS13, then it’s perfectly fine and disregard the rest of the text.)
    Admins can check antag status, objectives etc. So what you should’ve done first is checking those. If you see that he’s EAA, has hijack as tot, etc etc. You shouldn’t bwoink them, just close the original ticket (if you wanna be a cool admin, you may tell them that ‘it’s been resolved’ before closing, but you don’t have to). Generally before taking action, check if what they’re doing is according to the rules.

Where you did you good is telling them to answer whenever possible, thats very nice to do. It’s nicest when you follow them and bwoink when you’re absolutely sure they can’t be disrupted for 20 seconds, and then tell them to answer when they think it’s okay, but thats when things aren’t urgent.

Overall, I’d give a 9/10.
Juicy answers, mostly accurate, if I still was an admin I’d love to work with them.

Would give you a shot have a +1 from me

5 days to check simple questions, while dude’s been waiting for a month to have a response, really?

@Autistic pinging you since you were the first one to respond, for the love of fuck if someone is mad enough to wanna be an admin, make it quick.

@GameAdmin dude’s been waiting for a month with his app, patience is gold among admins so why don’t you finally handle this one?

May aswel

Application accapted

Sorry for the delays

1 Like