Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date:
2022-09-12
Round ID:

Ban Reason:
As a non-antag mime decided to name themselves after another well known player and spent their entire round either running around shoving/throwing people and then farting on them. Or shitposting over comms (while still impersonating the other person) including some rather inappropriate messages, such as, “i love brown mustard”, “I eat my own poo poo”. And also “if you can kill me, you can take my stuff!” “I am at the chapel!”. Seems to think this was fine to do since impersonating someone “isn’t mentioned in the rules”. Recently got a permanent ban appealed placing them on thin ice, I however do not believe you are here to roleplay.

Appeal Reason:
Shovefarting is cringe when it’s the only thing you do. And I’m not going to excuse the “It’s okay to kill me” or “I eat crap” stuff either, that was wrong too. I want to make it clear I get why impersonating another player isn’t cool at all, now, as I’ve grown more. At the time though, I legitimately didn’t see there being a problem with it. I’ve said it in private but I’ll say it here publicly, I have autism. Sometimes I just don’t see what I’m doing the way other people do. I had no maliciousness when impersonating the guy, but I did get carried away. I shouldn’t have tried to get him killed. So here I am.

Additional Information:
No vouch?

I shouldn’t have impersonated that guy, and I shouldn’t have been an ass about it. That was my fault. I want to ask one thing, however. If I hadn’t impersonated the guy, would the ban be less than perma? I understand that admins can revoke their bans at any time, and ban length changes happen constantly as well. The rule against impersonation was added 4 and half months ago, (Discord) when apparently some people did impersonate people maliciously, which was not my intent. I think it’s entirely possible that even if the ban had been applied without the weight of impersonation, I would have gotten myself permabanned later that year. But it isn’t that year. What I’m asking for is a re-evaluation of the punishment along the lines that me taking that guy’s name was without ill intent, even though the other parts were, and that taking the guy’s name would also not be an offense for the next seven and a half months. Clearly what I did deserves punishment, but I’ve already served a year of punishment. Here’s praying.

@Tyranicranger4 @TeomanTheGreat_Phil

(Get to this only when you have the time, I’m not going anywhere).

2 Likes

Figured it’d be a good idea to mention that I’m currently unavailable; which is why it looks like I’m ignoring this thread.
Ultimately it’ll probably be one of the Headmins that’ll handle this given that it’s a permanent ban.

I’ll respond to a couple of points here once I’m back. However, my current absence doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t be processed before then, as I’ve already gathered logs and provided my opinion on the ban.

1 Like

Alright. I’ve talked this over with the @Headmins.

To sum things up, you don’t have a vouch, not a real one anyways. The ban was not found to be invalid. And you’ve been banned from a lot of the servers we’d normally direct you towards. Not the best of starts.

Since Monke was the last server you put some hours into, I’ve talked to their administration and got an overview of your behavior there prior to your ban. While it wasn’t exactly positive, they largely just confirmed some of your already known behavior. I also got the sense that they didn’t think you were beyond change.

Per our policy, all permanent bans require a vouch. However, we’re willing to make a light exception in this case, using Monke’s statement as a stand-in for the typical vouch; as it at least gives us a baseline on what to expect. Additionally, none of us believe that you’ve been malicious with your conduct, and a recent private discussion has left me a lot more open to the idea of giving you a chance at redemption here.

So, we’re willing to lift the ban with the following criteria:

1. You’ll work to improve your roleplay on the server.
  2. You’ll avoid conduct that makes others uncomfortable.
  3. You’ll continue to treat others in a positive manner.

I really do want to see you make a comeback, but we’ll need to see some change. Provided that we understand each other here and you can agree to our terms, I’ll lift the ban.

14 Likes

I fully agree to these terms and am excited to be back. Thank you.

6 Likes

Annnd with that, you’re unbanned! Welcome back.

6 Likes