Marshmellow10
Ban Type:
Note
N/A
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-11-08
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Overescalation. As captain, walked into their office to see an unarmed scientist wearing his hardsuit. After seeing this, he wordlessly stabbed the scientist to crit without calling for sec (who were just outside the office) once. Apparently believed that the scientist was carrying a fireaxe. You have enough hours to know better than this and should improve your conduct as a captain.
Appeal Reason:
Note is simply incorrect, I talked to the guy in my office in my hardsuit after the round was over and he stated that he was, in fact, armed, meaning that the premise of the ticket/note is incorrect.
Additional Information:
I will say that I understand where Marsh is coming from, I was definitely poor conduct for me to wordlessly fight him. Oh my god, and then I started being a bit annoying in the ticket instead of just admitting it was in poor taste, apologizing, and moving on it with. Sorry about that Marsh.
To be fair I did genuinely think he had a fireaxe because he was facing North, maybe because there was blood on the hardsuit or something, I don’t know, and also it was code red due to the wizard and the maint shard delamming, or wait, I went into my office to swipe red, so it wasn’t code red yet, well anyway.

I wrote unarmed as at the moment you attacked him he had not picked up the extendable baton. I’ll edit the note to reflect that as you attacked him he picked up the baton but didn’t use it for clarity.

Thanks, and sorry again about the shitty ticket conduct.

Been there, done that, all good on that end.

I updated the note to say:
Overescalation. As captain, walked into their office to see an unarmed scientist wearing his hardsuit. After seeing this, he wordlessly stabbed the scientist to crit as they picked up an unextended extendable baton without calling for sec (who were just outside the office) once. Apparently believed that the scientist was carrying a fireaxe. You have enough hours to know better than this and should improve your conduct as a captain.

Thanks for bringing it up!