temporary
Ban Length:
72 hours
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-02-26 08:12:15
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
ban reason as given by [WilsonPH]:

As a non-antag explorer, saw a murder happen outside of R&D, crafted a flamethrower, proceeded to use it to flame the halls and violently resisted arrest.

Appeal Reason:
the player report is closed thus I’m unable to respond
Additional Information:
there is vague terminology, logical fallacies and presumptions in the linked player report
I will not waste time on dissecting everything that has been said, however, seeing as I have received ban for the offense, I’m unsure how to proceed
I would like to express my displeasure at the fact that I must make this appeal instead of replying directly to the player report
I would like to explain my behavior
what are the charges?

As a non-antag explorer, saw a murder happen outside of R&D, crafted a flamethrower, proceeded to use it to flame the halls and violently resisted arrest.

non-antagonist explorer

correct, check

saw a murder happen outside of R&D

mostly correct, there was dead, naked stripped body outside the R&D department, but the “murder” did not happen there
the incident with the chainsaw happened down the hallway, but basically, a man with strange aura around them was having some kind of argument with another man, then the armed man attacked him and lopped his whole arm off
there was another person looking at this who also had that strange aura around them
after that I ran back into my department and notified first my explorer colleague over our explorer channel

crafted a flamethrower

mostly correct, the sequence of events wasn’t, however, see murder and then go craft flamethrower
as mentioned before, I informed my colleague who was on the mission at the time
furthermore, I didn’t create flamethrower as a first thing, I wanted to create any kind of weapon for self defense but the stunprod needed more battery that I didn’t have, because the materials were (presumably) eaten, I opted for flamethrower because it was easy to do and I had access to plasma tanks

proceeded to use it to flame the halls

this is very difficult idea to entertain, so then is it more so that I griefed by using the flamethrower in hallways? I’ve no idea what you mean by this and need this explained

and violently resisted arrest

now, in my country, if police officer is arresting you, they must, by law, tell you that they are arresting you, furthermore, they will never shoot at you unless in clear and present danger and will always talk you down, police officers are trained to do this, bad police officers kill people, good police officers save people
I can see certain cultural difference in that in USA the cops shoot and ask later, from the american standpoint the security officer was in the right and they can pat themselves on the back
however as far as I know… beestation is based in europe and thus from that it follows that we use the european way of doing things, I’m not exactly sure about this, but I believe I’m right

furthermore, If im playing security officer I NEVER escalate and always de-escalate, if I was in their shoes I wouldn’t have 1. aimed at the armed man, 2. shot at the armed man 3. reported that there is armed man who is out to kill people 4. I would realize that reason we are evacuating means I’m not in control of situation and there is chaos everywhere
and if I were to be captain, I would also not jump to conclusions- especially I wouldn’t start shooting at my employee the moment I see them, certainly when they start running away from him, and then leave the dead body there to rot and save yourself, now that is really admirable!
but then again, how can captain be good if they let their station turn so bad? food for thought

and as a closing thought I feel like being permanently banned would make sure I don’t have to deal with this nonsense again and nobody has to deal with my nonsense, either.

Guh, this got flagged as spam for some reason. Will give a broader responce in a bit but for now

Your wish is my command good sir, but are you sure you want this? A recent policy change made self-requested peemabans wholly unappealable
Screenshot_20230226-144014_Chrome

1 Like

Real Life doesn’t matter here, our Security has SoP and Space Law which they obey. You’ve made a flamethrower, you were reported having it.

Security was already dealing with rampart hiveminds at the time so they were rather trigger happy with anyone showing hostile intent.
And even then, the secoff told you to drop the flamethrower first.

Summary
SAY: LycheeIceXD/(Miao Xiaxia) "DROP" (Service Hallway (133, 104, 2))
SAY: LycheeIceXD/(Miao Xiaxia) "THAT FUCKING" (Service Hallway (133, 104, 2))
SAY: LycheeIceXD/(Miao Xiaxia) "SHIT" (Service Hallway (133, 104, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "fuck you" (Central Primary Hallway (131, 110, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "im not dying" (Central Primary Hallway (131, 110, 2))
ATTACK: LycheeIceXD/(Miao Xiaxia) has fired at S3305/(Mike Hall) with the laser from Service Hallway (NEWHP: 100)  (Service Hallway (133, 107, 2))

you retaliated… by using the flamethrower. That’s the ‘violently resisting arrest’ part.

Yeah, look here

I’ve recreated your flamethrower usage on a private server, these are the areas which got overheated. In what world do you think this is okay to do as a non-antag and not in an emergency situation like Xenos.

That’s not even mentioning your toxicity, displayed here

Summary
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "shithead" (Central Primary Hallway (130, 128, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "FUCK YOU" (Central Primary Hallway (130, 126, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "yeah thats me the cocksucker shot at me!!" (Central Primary Hallway (130, 128, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) "shitsec cunt" (Central Primary Hallway (130, 128, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) (DEAD) "fucking tards" (Fore Primary Hallway (138, 142, 2))
SAY: S3305/(Mike Hall) (DEAD) "i hope they died at least" (Central Primary Hallway (134, 109, 2))

All in all, I’m not seeing a reason to lift the ban

4 Likes

The duration of the ban has passed and no additional word came from OP.
As such I’ll be rejecting this.