Ban Length:
Never
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-10-17 23:39:03
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Low effort grief
Appeal Reason:
Hi, I’m new to Space Station 13, it was my second round of the server where I tried to get into a room to get donuts as I was quite literally starving to death. At the time of my arrest all I had done was simply removed a panel from a door with a screwdriver, then was asked “what other accounts” which I’m still unsure what was meant by that. I was simply trying to learn this games mechanics as I was informed it was a new player friendly server. I’d appreciate if my ban could be looked at as I don’t see how i was ‘griefing’ as I had not even come into contact with another player and don’t see how my actions would cause for a ban let alone the severity of the ban. Thank you for your time and I hope I can come back to play again.
Additional Information:
I was not told ingame to stop what I was doing or even given a warning or reason prior to being instantly banned.

1 Like

You joined the game with the name ‘Dick Assman’, bought two crates of metal foam grenades before throwing them everywhere and then hacking into the command teleporter room. Your account was made yesterday.

The room you were breaking into didn’t even have donuts inside.

How do you even know how to use the cargo shuttle or hack with a day old account?

Have you read our rules?

3 Likes

I think the big question to ask is who introduced you to the game and is teaching you how to play? What’s their account name and were you playing with them?

2 Likes

I have read the rules, I bought the grenades as the previous round people had them and I thought they were useful, accidentally setting one off in cargo which I cleaned up. My account is not a day old and I was trying to get into the room with the desks that had a box of donuts on top. I was told how to hack on Goonstation but find the layout too complex so that is why I joined Beestation. Regarding my name I had it as that as I was a clown the previous round.

1 Like

I found the game through a YouTuber and used the Wiki to learn a few commands, I’m not sure what you suspect me of to be honest, I’m simply new to the game and trying to learn how to play each job.

1 Like

Anybody playing with a brand new account that already knows how to play the game normally is suspected of making an alt, usually for dubious reasons - that’s where the assumption of having other accounts came from, and casts doubts on whether the accidents were really accidents.

That said, this was a mistake in your case.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m not sure how to show it but if you look at my Byond account you’ll see I’ve had it a while, I just never played on BeeStation, I am genuinely interested in learning how to play this game the correct way and just learning in general how to do everything and I would appreciate if I had another opportunity to do so.

1 Like

Hey, first of all, your account isn’t a day old, that’s my bad.

Truthfully, I banned you rather quickly because you seemed to know a lot about the game and were tiding with 0h on bee and the name ‘Dick Assman’. I just looked over it and I can tell you are a newer player.

I apologise for being so direct and quick to boot you, I was under the assumption that your responses were just playing dumb and that you were one of the griefers I had encountered before.

This one is my bad, I’ll bring this up with the rest of the team to see if I can help get this processed quicker.

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate your time with this matter and see where you are coming from, I apologize for the inconvenience and very much appreciate you talking to the team about it and hope I’m given another chance.

4 Likes

The ban has been removed, apologies for the whole situation here.