THETA'S GUIDE TO THE BASICS OF NANITES (DISCLAIMER: twiggyjr FORCED ME AT GUNPOINT TO WRITE THIS!)

This is part one of the Plandemic, this guide is all a ruse to have Medbay removed, woe on you medical players!!! I’ll feed on your tears.

Barely anyone knows how nanites function, or how to program them, a lot of people apparently avoid taking them because of it. I thought I should write this guide to make people more informed about them so that more players can experiment with them.

Oh, and nanites are destroyed in parts or can be even erased from you if you’re shocked, be careful of that.

Before anything else you need to keep in mind nanites regenerate to a rate of 0.5 per second, most programs will consume double, or even thrice of that if left running. Some programs will not consume nanites if active but not in use, like accelerated regeneration, others will, like bio-reconstruction. Most of the time, if a program does consume nanites if not in use, it’ll be written, like for bio reconstruction it’d read
However, this program cannot detect the difference between harmed and unharmed, causing it to consume nanites even if it has no effect.

Nanites have a safety threshold (default being 50, nanite chamber console can change it, so can some programs) under which programs will NOT function, this is to prevent nanites disappearing entirely from your system. Nanites have a limit of 500 if not affected by protocols, and when injected you start with 100.

TO GET STARTED

Before anything, head to a Cloud Control Console (bigass server), and set a cloud, it can be any number, nanites injected will require one to apply the programs on it (0 means nanites have none), public nanite chambers will inject nanites based on the number on the board, which you can change with a multitool. Say you put a program on cloud 1, and anyone with nanites synced to that cloud will be able to run that program. Yes, you can change the cloud by using a manual nanite chamber, like the one in Research

REMEMBER: THE CLOUD UPDATES EVERY 30ISH SECONDS, THIS UPGRADES PROGRAMS AND FIX ANY MALFUNCTIONS (aside from activation/de-activations, but there’s a trick for those!).

After that you’ll need the research for nanite programs, this will take a long time, so make sure to research and make public nanite chambers, leave them in spots where a lot people pass, like Medbay’s entrance (to mockingly remind them nanites are superior), the more people have them, the more research you’ll gain, which means you can get working a lot faster. Nanite research is separate to general and discovery points, so you can’t rely on them for the programs, although you’ll still need both.

Programs and You

Assuming you now have every program, you can finally get on to work for your nanites, take a disk, and say we want to make ‘‘Subdermal ID’’ work, you likely noticed it has no way to function, if you uploaded it without programming, so take it to the Programmer and let’s see what we have:
Programs are by default ACTIVATED, which means they are working, they can be triggered, or that they provide their effect. In the case of this program, it has no passive effect, so activation by itself is nothing.
Activation means the nanites, if not active, will activate upon recieving the code, de-activation is the opposite.
Under DELAYS the Restart and Shutdown timer are timed activation and de-activation, trigger repeat timer means triggering is automatic every X seconds, trigger delay is well, a delay of when the trigger actually acts on it’s activation.

Kill erases the program from the person recieving the code, but not from the cloud.
Trigger makes the program (if it has a trigger requirement) use it’s action, in the case of Subdermal ID that means saving your ID’s access on the nanites.
Easy way to make this program works is putting any number on trigger, then taking a dermal button that signals the same code when pressed. There’s other ways, like setting a trigger delay to make it automatic, but for that, you should experiment and find what you prefer yourself.

Now, let’s take Accelerated Regeneration, under ‘‘Medical’’. This program has a passive effect, 0.5 healing of brute and burn every second, for 0.5 nanites a second, that’s exactly how many nanites regenerate every second. It doesn’t waste nanites if it doesn’t have anything to heal, so you don’t have to tamper with it, if you don’t want to. Or you could, with rules…

Nanite Rules, in both ways

Now, not every program has the decency to not waste nanites when not in use, the biggest offender is bio reconstruction, at over 5.5 nanites per second used! There’s several ways to approach this, but if you’re civilized and don’t want to clog the cloud (which has limited program slots) with sensors, you can just insert them directly inside the program! Upload bio-reconstruction, don’t touch any of it’s programming, and then take a damage sensor, and change the damage value to what you want (keep in mind it counts the damage in it’s quantity, above 20 brute damage means it will only work above 20 points of brute, this is NOT based on health), click on Bioreconstruction on the Cloud Control, as ‘‘Add Rule to Disk’’, then take the damage sensor again and do it for burn. Bioreconstruction with rules as over 20 brute or burn now will only waste nanites if you have over those damage values.
This works for about every passive program, remember to experiment or ask me for questions!

Note that rules are cumulative with Activation status: a Deactivated program will not work even if it satisfies the Rule condition, and an Activated program that does not meet the rule requirements won’t work either.

Nanite Protocols + a rant about S.L.O.P.

Nanite Protocols are programs that change how nanites replicate, or how they’re stored within hosts, These are Behaviour and Storage protocols, only one of each class can be active…
But just get Factory (production of nanites increases slowly over time, up to 2.5 nanites per second after 17 minutes, resets if malfunctions are caused.) or Pyramid (Higher production over 80% saturation of nanites, powerful with Mitosis) and Hive (+250 cap to nanite storage, no strings attached, you can run programs for 25% longer pretty much.)

DO NOT USE S.L.O.P., IT DEALS SEVERE ORGAN, TOXIN, BRUTE DAMAGE OVER TIME THE MORE NANITES YOU HAVE, UP TO 2K. IT’S LITERALLY MELTDOWN, AN ILLEGAL TECH PROGRAM, BUT WITHOUT COST FOR THE DAMAGE IT CAUSES. IT’S A MURDERBONE DEVICE THAT DOESN’T HAVE A WAY TO DISCRIMINATE. ADMINS WILL MURDER YOU FOR USING IT.

I made S.L.O.P. survivable once, tested on an assistant, and it required a specifically made virus (no longer possible due to viro being gone), every healing program running at once, requiring Mitosis (alien tech) and Pyramid protocol to be even sustainable (this caused malfunctions every 30s, and wouldn’t be possible with the oversight trick on activation toggles), and even then he vomited nanite paste every 10 seconds, making even walking around a pain in the ass. JUST. DON’T. USE. SLOP. (WHY IS IT EVEN A THING? IT’S MORE LETHAL THAN ILLEGAL TECH PROGRAMS)

I really hope this guide explains the basics of nanites enough to get people to experiment for themselves, ask if you have any questions, and tell me if I forgot anything. Also feel free to ask me icly as Theta if you want a hour-long lecture on nanites, to learn more (about everything).

Remember to experiment for yourself, I didn’t make this guide a boring list of programs for this reason, be creative with your programs

nanite sabotage guide coming soon :tm:

1 Like

the gun has been lowered… for now
Thanks King <3

2 Likes

you forgot to mention how to use forced speech to make people say ‘I HATE FELINIDS’ 0/10 guide

I tend to avoid forced speech or anything thats weird/wouldn’t want used on myself

2 Likes

Remove all programs which doesn’t boost nanite volume or recovery
Add in any harmful program of your choice
Set it to always be active
Bonus points if you use the self-detonation program and print out a troll face to the user right before it.

Based as fuck.

That’s an easy way to get outed/have everyone remove their nanites. I mean proper subversion.

Will they have time? :wink:

Plus, after adding it and letting it sync to everyone you can destroy the server to make it harder to remove them.

:nerd_face:
What a nerd… real nanitepilled scimaxxers used forced speech

1 Like

The trigger should be “you are already dead”

2 Likes