Thermoelectric Generator (TEG) advanced setup

Assemble a TEG as pictured, left side is set to coolant loop. Input to right side hot loop is a burnt out 29% oxygen 71% plasma mix canister (heat it to 100C to start burn reaction, then unwrench to burn). Plasma comes in from right side horizontal volume pump straight from miner. Left side canisters start empty and serve only to increase volume. Spaced volume pump is overclocked (using multitool).

Regular pressure pump setting determines how much power this setup generates, on picture it was set to 2000kpa which translated to about 1.9 MW constant power. The hot gas canister can last several hours on these settings. If the pressure pump is replaced with a volume pump, the TEG can make over 60 MW for several minutes until hot gas is depleted.

Note that this setup uses no cooling machines or heating machines, only a burn reaction and is therefor safe from arbitrary punishment by randomly present admins using unwritten rules.

So THAT’S what you were doing as Ivan! Was wondering how it was getting accomplished. How is spacing the volume pump helpful in the cool loop? Does it get cooled by space like a heat exchange pipe? If so, wasn’t aware of that.

They’re overclocked pumps, so they leak a bit

1 Like

And what does this accomplish? Does the leaking help reduce temperature by slightly removing already heated plasma?

I’ve since made much better setups but in this particular case the idea was to force cold loop gas to vacate the TEG regardless of pressures involved.

1 Like

Just do a fusion TEG.

I’d love to see some guides with your newer setups! They’re all very interesting.

I think it doubles the pump speed

It does not double the speed. What an overclocked volume pump does, is it can push gas up to input+1000 pressure, as opposed to just 9000.