TG's photographer quirk changes (or: giving more love to persistent photo albums)

Now I could probably PR this myself but I’m busy with so many stuff and gaming so I’m just ideaguying this if anyone wants to try lol, shouldn’t be much effort.

So my suggestion is to just port TG’s photographer changes in which

-It’s now a neutral quirk instead of a positive one.
-Photographing boost is removed, literally the only reason why it’s a positive quirk.
-User spawns with a persistent photo album, storing photos across rounds!
-Makes photo album small-sized, allowing it to be stored in pockets.
-Prevents photos from burning due to explosion.
-Adds more persistent photo albums on the maps, not necessarily a quirk change but still rad to have since ours are just locked in heads’ lockers to be forgotten forever.
-A cooler photo album sprite, doesn’t seem to conflict with our artstyle but idk.

Some relevant PRs I’ve found are:

6 Likes

Only problem I can think of is the between-round persistence kind of messing with the whole thing where you don’t remember stuff that happened the round prior?

1 Like

Let’s be honest… that’s rarely enforced, otherwise people wouldn’t have ic friends or would need to start friendship from start every round from scratcy and i’ve never seen anyone doing it

That Rule mostly started to be super enforced when we were moving to mrp so people wouldn’t go " HEY KATHLEEN HOW COME YOU ARE CAPTAIN IF LAST ROUND YOU WERE KILLING AND BURNING ALL OF US" Or " REMEMBER THAT TIME WE DUNKED THE NUKIES"(both are assistant) and is just inconsistent and slightly inmersion break, that’s why people rarely mention stuff that are like deja-vu or dreams but stops there, and when it happens it just between two characters for a quick chat, not like people actively doing big station announcements like “WHY ARE YOU ALL VOTING THE REAL CAPTAIN AS OUR CAPTAIN, LAST SHIFT THEY THREW ALL OF US INTO A SM SHARD WITH A CLOWN CAR!!”

Now if there’s a picture of Kathleen with the head of Anxiety, Miriam and a burning Edward irish that certainly could be… weird BUT it could open some interesting RP interpretations from said characters like… Ai generated, bluespace shenanigangs made it appear in the album, alternative timelines, manipulated image but if it becomes an iissue maybe i would keep the album to Curators?

10 Likes

honestly, you can just add the persistent photo album to beecoin shop rather than making it a quirk

6 Likes

Photo-albums are found in like, EVERY department head locker and the QM locker.
Those being Persistent would make sense.

But the photos in the albums are not saved through multiple games? Right?

Not to my knowledge, but again those are perfect candidates.

Isn’t it more of a ‘every other round except this one is normal’? The concern is valid but I guess it could kinda open IC interpretations like Fronsis said like passing it off as a ‘break party’ or ‘ai generated image’ for anything that could look a bit off.

Seems like a better idea tbh. TG lacks loadouts so they tend to use quirks to make up for that.

I think they are meant to be, but they are kinda bugged in here while TG had a PR (61835) to fix that issue.

2 Likes