CKEY: mc_meiler

Your Discord: mc_meiler#8054

Offender’s CKEY: teomanthegreat, unknown, unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Phil smith, Bob Billy, Walter Williams

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12-12-2021

Round Number: 34638

Rules Broken: R2.3 No Validhunting

Incident Description: Martin and I buy a super surplus box, get a bunch of shit and two hardsuits, decide to go bomb armory, kill a few security in space, then decide to go to shuttle.

On the shuttle I slipped into bridge, murder the HoP and RD, then after a while some scientist comes up and shoves me, takes my fire axe and desperately tries to kill me. So I kill them, then the QM (Phil) comes up to the door, starts blasting me with an egun. At the same time, an explorer also starts blasting in the bridge with an egun. I’ve never once attacked those players nor have I attempted to hijack.

Additional Information: Validhunter moment.

oh, i just saw this. I was ordered by cap to get cargo armed up and help hunt down 4 traitors with holoparas (he said something like that). the captain being vince. specifically, he asked if we wanted to be a militia. We learned later that it was infact 2 traitors.

4 Likes

What if they didn’t validhunt, maybe they just didn’t like that you killed their beloved heads of staff (RD for one and HOP for another)???

Attacking people on shuttle no matter how remotely, makes everyone think they are in danger, what else would you expect for people to do? If they didn’t attack you, I’d consider that as self-antagging from their part for witnessing a murder when they could’ve helped stop it.

1 Like

in their defense, it seemed like they thought that we were nukies/a four man team with holoparas

2 Likes

@mc_meiler Have you read antag conduct?

13.4 Murderboning is not permitted unless approved by an admin directly (Murderboning is defined as the indiscriminate killing of multiple parties who are not a threat)

• Intentionally creating additional witnesses as an excuse to kill them will be considered murderboning.

Fail to see how that’s at all relevant here, as I straight up didn’t muderbone.

Antagonist escalation: Antagonists may kill their objective targets, players interfering with the completion objectives and witness to their crimes even if the other player does not initiate conflict. For any conflicts unrelated to objectives, antagonists follow Lavaland escalation - be careful who you mess with. Being intentionally obvious in order to chase down and kill “witnesses” will be classified as murderbone.*

Valid/Validhunting

Adjective: Someone who can be killed per the Rules, usually on grounds of being a loud traitor. Verb: The act of deliberately seeking out and/or killing a valid individual. An inherently controversial subject.

If people see you murdering 2 heads on the bridge of the shuttle, they may think you’re attempting to hijack it, or otherwise that you are in a mood to kill a lot of others. While generally crew should attempt to flee, how do you picture fleeing from hijackers? To space?

1 Like

Shuttle didn’t leave yet. So, to the station.

And be marooned? I’d say that in the event that shuttle is actually there, people wanna leave because station is a shithole (yes I know that often round just got too boring). So now everyone has to politely leave the shuttle while you’re murdering heads, and possibly other people? Let’s not be too fucking dumb with the rules, even in real life people would rush to stop that.

When you frame it like that, it does sound like what will you do in a plane if you see some shady people forcing their way into the cockpit.

Because that’s basically what’s happening on the shuttle. Even if it has not yet departed, would you rather try and apprehend them using sheer numbers or get marooned?

Edit: And since it’s a fucking game and a “MRP” server, we should rather be slightly more game focused rather than reality.

You created that scenario, thus got what was coming to you, is what he means im pretty sure.

4 Likes

Vince (captain) was mass deputising, there were little to no sec left. Teoman had a causus belli to interfere IC under rule 3. I dont this this report has any substance looking at the circumstances.

On the other hand… we can go this route instead.
Become a martyr teoman, eat the ban and set the precedent to ban bait anyone who remotely interferes with antags.

5 Likes

Wait can admins even handle their own report against others? Why was meiler assigned?

1 Like

walks in
assigns reporting admin to handle report
refuses to elaborate further
leaves

10 Likes

I’ve decided that this being almost a month old any actualy stinkys that may or may not have happend are to minor to warrant punishment at this long after the incident.

Had this happend in round there would most likely be some slapage for violating the “you are not a trained soldier” clause. Dont be a fuckhead and rush in to kill people that are clearly armed and dangerous unless you’re sec or its warop or such.