Tablet PDAs: Community Feedback

this seems pretty annoying for things like doors but looks great for consoles

2 Likes

I brought this up precisely because the normal pda messenging thingy puts stuff into the chat, and you can just respond by clicking the link in chat. That’s bad. Like the whole dynamic was that communication like that becomes an actual action to perform. If it just beeped, and you had to open it to look at your messages, that’d be fine too. Also NTchat just looks way better visually Imo.

It opens the program in the background if you reply via chat. If you have more than two programs running it won’t work.

ATTENTION BEESTATION COMMUNITY!!

The PR IS OFFICIALLY DONE!

PESTER YOUR LOCAL MAINTAINER TO REVIEW / TESTMERGE IMMEDIATELY!

THANK YOU!

7 Likes

I present: Log Viewer!

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :+1:
Now, now we have lots of good stuff for adding more sustenance to our paperwork IC, who gets access to these log things?

I mean, knowing who’s making what and where all the MATS went WOULD be nice for organizing lynch mobs.

I guess QM could get silo backup logs?

1 Like

The QM has always had ore silo logs in their PDA, I was just porting and improving it. Cargo techs had it as well, but I removed it from them. Captain of course also has it.

More types of remote logs can be added, though!

Ideas thrown around were research logs, cloning logs

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Opened as per request.

Hi everyone, just got done with our first testmerge. Some new feedback on the PR already, feel free to leave any more if you were present during the testmerge or have any questions.

It had some issues but overall I liked it!

Got to experience 5 seconds of it before being face huggered right a i got on the staton

Overall 10/10

1 Like

only thing id suggest is preloading PDAs with some useful job specific programs (As a QM man, that’d be the bounty and purchase tracker) to save a few minutes of downloading at the start of the shift if possible. Not that big an issue though, I can just see people giving up on downloading things eventually because they can’t be bothered which is a shame

2 Likes

Well that’s what Job Disks (used to be cardridges) are for
For example engineers start with the SM monitoring app downloaded.

All command staff typically start with a purchasing program linked to their respective departmental budgets, pre-installed on their tablets. I hope this means doing something like that would be easy, especially considering having a direct means to purchase using your department budget strapped to your hip or in your backpack/issued box, would be VERY useful for encouraging the use of the departmental budgets less than Cargo’s budget.

1 Like

Here’s what Command staff starts with.
Captain:
HoS:
HoP(who IMO should have the ID modification app pre-downloaded too):
RD:
CE:
CMO:
QM:

My final score will vary from 1 to 10 depending if you add more games to the arcade app

let me run SS13 on my PDA inside SS13

Only if the secret 5th tier of modular computer RnD research is completed