Szczebrzeszyn Mod Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Szczebrzeszyn

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): pijany_mistrz

How often are you online to help? (GMT+1 ): 12-16 21-1

What changes, if any, would you bring?: A guy that will log dive and keep watch for griefers/rule breakers.

How old are you?: In my twenties.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Too many interesting rounds ruined by griefers. After considerable playtime I would also want to give back to community.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 2021

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 2021

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8/10

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 5/10?

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Long time ago on some public minecraft server. I also was a host for several different game servers when playing with friends.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nope

Your strengths: batong I usually can keep my cool in situations considered stressful by others.

Your weaknesses: Sometimes im lacking with self restraint.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Bullying. Makes me angry/uneasy real fast no matter who is being bullied.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: My guess would be knowing your limits. Theres not much you can do sometimes and overworking yourself almost always leads to burn out.

What makes a staff team good?: Cooperation and organisation. period.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Ensure our community has a friendly environment which they can enjoy.

What kind of player are you?: Started with botany, moved on to med, ended up as sec main. I had a period when while discovering new things like maxcaps i used them to powergame but I improved in the end. Did I mention I love being adminbussed?

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Appreciate admins more.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Check if clown is an antag. If they are one, will keep an eye on them in case this is part of his gimmick or if its just LRP shittery. I will remind him to keep the round entertaining (when hes out of combat ofc). If they are not an antag I would check their playtime, recent notes etc and ask admin for applicable punishment . If they have recent notes about such behaviour, I would issue a ban accordingly to the amount of bans he received recently. If they are a new player i will remind them we have rules, if this repeats: slam 1hr ban to encourage READING them.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Isolate them in ajail, ask them why would they do that and after receiving another lengthy copypasta, and ask an admin for permission for ban/explain on the forums ban if it has hints it was a genuine accident.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Check for antag, if they are an antag do nothing/tell them to be more careful in the future. If they are not an antag i would ask them what they were trying to achieve with suspicion of powergaming. If they dont have an excuse to create explosives (e.g. we have a dragon/nukies/cult and captain/cmo told me to do it) I would issue a note/ban depending on his recent remarks. theres also other case in which they are just a new player and did this with fairly easy accident like mixing potassium with water. I would explain to them what happened and why he shouldnt do that in the future.

11 Likes
  1. While observing, you notice a Swarmer has beelined towards a fusion chamber in Atmospherics and break it open, fully releasing it. What do?

2. While observing (again), you see a player with low hours in Chemistry producing vast quantities of Corn Oil, with grenade casings around them. What would you do?

3. After a large explosion in Security, a Security Officer gets an RCD and repairs all the damage by themself. What would you do, if anything?

1. 1.bwoink the swarmer, remind them they are suppoused to prepare grounds for their makers not to destroy a potential candidate for it. They are here to acquire resources not waste them(not to mention ignoring living beings on station which is specified in spawntext). Leave a remark or ban based on recent notes. Implying they beelined, I might also consider banning them for metagaming since fusion location/existence was obtained through metaknowledge (observing).

2. I observe further, if they make fluorosulfuric acid (which is needed for nitroglicerin) I bwoink them and ask politely what they are doing. Implying they have grenade casings ready its most certainly a griefer and I will smack them with banhammer.
    Nuclear option: wait until they finish their grenades and replace the contents with colorful reagent using VV. Then watch the fireworks later and ban them.
    a.d. if they are an antag I check their objectives and if they are not murderbone, I remind them to keep the collateral to minimum.

3. Check if there are any engineers first on the station. If engineers are present I bwoink them and ask why they didnt ask engineers in the first place to fix it. Leave a remark/ban for powergaming depending on recent notes.

1. Mhm, good. I was attempting to imply ghost metaknowledge as well, so all good there. You could also potentially repair the damage with admin tools, but not mod.

2. I’d advise against the VV stuff, as funny as it is it’s easy for them to be faster than you are at clicking the button, and make a giant hole in medical (from personal experience), but otherwise good. Do remember to check their notes, centcomm bans (includes other servers) , and check for alts, though.

3. I was looking for you to check if other engineers were there and you did, so good! Most likely a note though unless really poor history/ticket conduct.

Overall, decent answers, history isn’t the greatest but people do change, so, +1

T:+1

1 Like

The nuclear option one was actually a refference. I think it was done by mega or tyranic and it was captured on video. Anyways, thanks for feedback.

1. A player with a brand new account rolls traitor, within 5 minutes of the round starting they kill their target with a rubber ducky bomb before taking their brain and hiding it in xenobio and going back to just doing xenobiology. Do you do anything, if so, what do you do and why?

2. A chemist suicide bombs an alien queen during a xeno infestation with an incredibly large grenade. The xeno queen was already in critical being killed by a mob of people when the chemist suicide bombed, and the explosion resulted in the death of 4-5 crewmembers including security officers present on scene. Do you do anything, if so, what do you do and why?

3. A botanist is growing deathnettles and giving them to the chef. When you ask them why, they claim they were ‘just learning’ and their low hours in botany seem to reflect this. Do you do anything, if so, what do you do and why?

For this next question, pretend you are the only staff member online and just got the following ahelp:

1. ‘shitsec fucking asshole officer just shot me with lethal when I didnt commit a crime and is metacomming with ghosts to find me when I was hiding’

How do you handle that?

1. bwoink and remind that R1 exists.Check their say logs in good faith if they may have actually engaged in some kind of gimmick with victim, which is highly unlikely considering it was done 5 minutes into the shift. Antags are here to make round interesting, so try to focus on roleplaying not “winning” the game. Killing the target in 5 minutes and then doing xenobio for the next hour does not make round more interesting…
    I would consider giving them an antag ban.

2. Suicide attacks stinky. Bwoink and ask “why would your character do that”. Judging from casualties though, and the fact that queen was in crit before, they attempted to validhunt it with no regard for other players round and any gimmick in mind: they suicide bombed it just for the sake of removing the antag. I would issue a ban for validhunting and powergaming considering that grenade was a huge one that probably removed nearest department (my point here is that even red alert/orders from command cannot justify incredibly large HE grenades).

3. I will ask them to remove deathnettles unless chef wants them for their crazy hamburgers. issue a neutral note in case they repeat it in the future. Tell them deathnettles are considered a weapon and you need a good reason to actually grow those (bounty, red alert, you need hypodermic prickles trait etc.).

4. I assume this one is a scrying orb incident. While wizard is considered hostile, sec shouldnt greet them with laser fire. Investigate who began hostilities first. If it was a secoff, bwoink and tell them they need to give wizard a chance to talk for the gimmicks sake (if wizard began hostilities beforehand its a green light to blast em though). As for the “Metacomming”, scrying orb can be a double edged sword since ghosts have a free will and can aid everyone(ghosts snitching is not a good sport to be honest). Also its not really metacoms since the information they have obtained were from their living character’s point of view (everyone can see ghosts if wizard picked scrying orb).
    tldr;
    wizard was hostile before: IC issue
    sec fired first: while the station has hostile reponse to wizard due to escalation policy remind sec officer to try to talk to them first to at least try to deescalate the situation. This may lead to funi RP OPPORTUNITIES.

Remember to check notes, if this is the first time someone did this, it would be a bit harsh to escalate to a ban if they weren’t doing it just do be a cunt.

Yeah.

Yeah fair enough.

As for question four, assume that the person who ahelped is a traitor, and you watched the officer find them hiding in the security pod and detain them using a disabler. Do you react differently?

1.a of course, all depends on recent notes.

4.a then
First thing first I will check the sec comms logs and sec records and bwoink the secoff and ask them why they detained them if there arent any logs regarding said antag. After that I will remind them that they need to follow actual SOP for arrests: they need to tell about be detained crewmember that they are being arrested and state a reason for it. They also need to give them a chance to surrender peacfully. As for metacoms i will not mention it and I will observe them further so I can determine any suspicious behaviour. As for using the lethals if its still applicable in this case: remind them about proper escalation as security officer: you should respond with lethals only if you are facing confirmed lethal threat. I will leave a remark/ban depending on notes. At this point I will also leave a note for other admins for this player that they might use metaknowledge and to keep an eye out for them.
If there will be other obvious signs of metacoms later like ghost orbiting said antag and secoff homing on antag the moment they commit crime without help of cameras/sensors/mutations/comms/AI then I may as well consider this metaknowledge and bwoink again, ask how they found them and if it was any method that ive excluded, expose them and apply explain on the forums ban.

This is fine. Personally in the case they admit to not having read the rules in ticket it’s generally good to give them a one hour ban to read them.

Good answer.

This is a good response. Don’t forget to note the new player, so that admins can keep track of repeated incidents.

Alright, time for some questions of my own:

1. You see a brand new account join as the lawyer. They have already broken into science, somehow, and are making some pretty good nanites. You see they’re wearing insuls, and when you check their inventory you notice an assortment of tools in their backpack. What do you do, if anything?

2. A player ahelps that another player is metagrudging them. You check logs and the other player (the CMO) demoted them from Virology because they spread a (beneficial) disease without the CMO’s approval. Upon checking say logs the ahelping player was also accusing the CMO of metagrudging them IC, and barely has any saylogs at all for the whole round. The ahelping player’s account has 30 hours on the server, but is fairly old (2 years). What do you do, if anything?

3. You see a security officer getting going to science roundstart and getting fully augmented, as well as making some extremely powerful combat nanites, when there is other active science personnel. What do you do, if anything?

1. First of all check for antag status. If they are not an antag, bwoink and ask what are they doing. Inform them about our rules and what they are commiting right now is considered self-antag and powergaming. If there is a way I would check their playtime on other servers or just ask them. If account does not have any activity on any servers I would ask an admin for opinion for suspected evader. Based on recent notes remark/ban for self antag and powergaming.

2. Inform viro that they require a clearance from cmo for every virus they want distribute to public and cmo is well within their authority to fire them for such mistake + remind them they shouldnt ick ock. At this point I would encourage them to try interacting with crew which may help avoid such mistakes in the future. Taking low hours and old acccount into account i would also advise them rereading the rules and SOP page since some things have changed during the span of 2 years. Issue remark or ban based on recent notes.

3. Batong antags into oblivion Bwoink secoff and ask why their character augmented themselves and created nanites. The only job that could augment themsleves at the beginning of round with reasonable ic justification would be a roboticist, but it will still raise some eyebrows and is considered a thin line between “character gimmick” and powergaming. In this case its considered powergaming. As for nanites I would reprimand them and tell them to ask the science team to create them if one is present. Issue remark or ban based on recent notes. If they wouldve asked robotics later for augmentation as a response to actual threat it would be ok.

Yep, you got that right, I was implying evasion. Although you should ask them about alts first in case they’re a returning player though, as some people forget their passwords.

This is a good response, but with an older account I would go harder on the OOC in IC, especially with such a big break like this, and also keep note of toxicity and accusations of metagrudging from the beginning without assuming good faith from the CMO first.

Yeah this is fine, I would push harder about making nanites as a secoff as that is going outside of the boundaries of IC secoff knowledge very hard.

Answers are good, your record is not the best but people can change, so I’ll do a +1

T: +2

1 Like

I don’t know if this’ll be considered a peanut post, but speaking as someone who got him banned 2 or so times through making player reports he seems like he’s turned over a new leaf and I haven’t had any bad experiences with him since I made those months ago.

2 Likes

Good answers, you have a history (especially on the discord) but as others have said people can change and I think applying is showing that you are trying to help out at the very least.

take my +1

T: +3

1 Like

Good answers, and you seemed to have cleaned up well.

I’d like to see you continue to succeed.
+1

T: +4

1 Like

After discussing this app internally we have decided to accept it. You’re still a bit rough around the edges but have definitely improved so far. We’d like to see how you’d do as a moderator.
Welcome to the team!!

Accepting at +4

2 Likes