Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
3 weeks
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/09/14
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Making multiple maxcaps and giving them to the heads of staff “just in case”. While there was no IC threat at the date of them making them that would justify doing so. You’ve been racking up an insane amount of bans and notes in the recent days. Take this timeout to actually adjust and follow our rules please.
Appeal Reason:
In my opinion there was an IC reason that wasn’t taken into account.
Additional Information:
The TTVs can be used only to make a bomb. I asked my head of staff if we can make more bombs from remaining valves and store them in rd office for safety and later use if whatever cause may come (in a bit of fashion like nuclear payload we have on station for explo missions). After delivery of remaining maxcaps me and RD moved them to brig to let the HOS keep it. Then we got a heads up about pirates in our sector. I got deputized by Captain, and on his behalf was sent to “nuke” the pirates with security crew.

After pirate crisis was gone we had blob on station. Captain asked to blow the blob into oblivion so i followed with another maxcap that was provided to me by HOS. After a failed attempt to bomb it got bwoinked and asked why i tried to bomb the blob, then got reprimanded because ITS NOT META to deal with blob. Then got accused of PowerGaming because maxcap is a maxcap.

To summarize got all the IC permissions from ALL heads that had something to say about it, yet I was banned for “making more maxcaps was your idea”. If there was no IC reason, no one in command should agree to that idea, yet it was embraced by all.

I do not understand why there is no intervention when someone made a warmech with heads agreement without threat present on station, but when it comes to maxcap its a different matter. Both are weapons.

I find having previous bans mentioned for increasing my “sentence” weird. All of my bans yet are about LRP behaviour, not powergaming. I’m trying to follow rules and be nice guy even when traitoring. To further prove that, today I ahelped because as a midround agent managed to missclick on maxcap interface, and blew myself with a half of the hallway (fortunately without any casualties).

2 Likes

Bumping it up a little bit.

2 Likes

Alrighty I apologize for the insane delay in processing this appeal.

This is why you got punished for it. At the current situation there was not a single confirmed threat, nor one that would’ve warranted to stock up multiple “station destroyer” level weapons (maxcaps).

You created all of these maxcaps while there was zero reason to do so. Just incase something might happen in the future. Which is the definition of powergaming.

Correct they shouldn’t have agreed to it. And they all got bwoinked for it.

This would’ve been only a rather minor infraction but your record made me up this to a 3 weeks ban due to escalation.
Your record is absolutely terrible. At the time this was applied you just (4 days) came off a 1 week ban for pretty stinky LRP stuff.
Creating a ton of maxcaps just *because" is not only powergaming. But it is also LRP. You are a scientist on a research facility. In real life you also wouldn’t just start making “semi-nukes” and give them to command staff just incase a situation in the future might arise, where you have to blow up half the station even though command staff already has a self destruct device. It wouldn’t make sense for you to do it.

Making maxcaps to test them out? And using them on lavand for example or in space? Fine. A blob gets announced and found? You start making maxcaps? Fine.
But creating a ton of them and stocking them up “just in case” on a basically greenshift is powergaming and LRP.

The issue in and of itself is not that big, also because not alot of harm came out of it ingame (Due to luck). But your recent history is/was so bad that I upped it to 3 weeks.

I don’t think this ban was applied in error. I really hope you took this timeout to reread our rules/readjust, because you really have to change your ingame behaviour if you want to continue playing here.