CKEY:jammor9

Admin’s CKEY:brotherhangyul

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Which server did the ban happen on? MRP

Ban Type: Job

Ban Length: 7

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020-09-26

Round ID: 21824

Ban Reason: Declared independence from CC and declared war, threw the station into anarchy in the most literal sense.

Appeal Reason: I got bored and decided to try for democracy, after the elections the anarchists won although I was working to make sure that they didn’t get too out of hand. I did get a whisper from Centcomm warning of possible response, I assumed that was going to be an ERT, so I prepared sec for a response. Instead, I got teleported to admin prison, got given a head ban and was teleported back to the station as a cluwne and got promptly killed. Now, I’ve done revolutions before, numerous times. In the past, I’d do semi-anarchists stations. Admins would get involved IC, with Centcomm Officials and ERTs that usually ended up in a fight. People would die but in the end, no one would get banned. So, is this now against the rules? If you’re no longer allowed to declare independence from Centcomm and set up different types of governments on the station, that’s ok, but it is disheartening.

Additional Information: I never got bwoinked for this, instead I was just sent to admin prison and told I would be relieved of duty for a while.

1 Like

well its kinda low rp for a staff to declare independence and i guess it depends on admins mood if they feel like dealing with you.

Agreed, you have done it so much times @jammor9 I guess admemes are just sick of dealing with you

1. No Self-Antagging or Grief

Self-antagging includes damaging the station, attacking other players without a valid reason, and

subverting the established chain of command as a non-antagonist role.

centcum is command

Well then, I guess my days of gimmick captains are over

Dude. It’s funny the first time, not when you keep doing it. Declaring independence from CC is self-antagging and a massive disregard for head conduct; the admins have humoured you in the past but at this point you’re just doing it too much and too often. I would’ve bwoinked you, but seeing as you wanted an “IC” solution I gave you one in the form of an admiral.

As Hangy has correctly pointed out, declaring independance from or war on CC is self antag and against head conuct on MRP.

And, as you yourself pointed out, you’re well known for doing things like that.

The reason you have not caught a ban for this untill now is t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶
that it can spice up a round and is a fun oppertunity for us admins to send an ERT and engage with the round a bit. That does not change the fact that its still against the rules.

Enough is enough.

I recommend this sticking. Perhaps you can come up with a new gimick in the week off from head roles.

Don’t start revolutions. This revolve against CC with establishing new command structure can’t work if admin does not participate, it starts conflict between heads, it encourages lower ranks to revolt against command because “fit they can, why can’t we?” and overall causes chaos.

On the other hand sending messages to CC with demands and requests invites an admin, if there is one on, to get involved. If you get a response you can proceed with your gimmick. If there is no response then admin either does not want to get involved or is too busy (assuming there is one on).

Without direct admin involvement, don’t RP centcom’s participation, is what I am saying. So get the admin directly involved first.

I’m surprised you didn’t get punished for previous incidents by the sounds of it, this is just self-antag. MRP has strict requirements for command behaviour, this just doesn’t fit.

I’ve declared independence once, and promptly got a deathsquad

It wasn’t originally intended to be a revolution, but then I got a Centcomm Whisper saying that there would be intervention if we went along with the Democracy. Now I presumed this was IC and sent a message to Centcomm asking to negotiate before I got sent to Centcomm jail. Since it seems that I was just being told to stop, I felt like it would’ve worked better if I had been bwoinked rather than whispered. Anyway, I apologise for the misunderstanding.

There were people running around with aa, stolen sec gear and just attacking people because they were “anarchists”, that round just descended into complete chaos and litterally everyone was fighting eachother on the escape shuttle. Pretty sure you knew what was going to happen because this wasn’t your first time doing stuff like this.

I knew that if things got out of hand the station would go to true anarchy really quickly, I had been talking with the HoP and the Elected Individual about making sure the anarchism didn’t get out of hand and did stipulate that AA shouldn’t be handed out, but while I was trying to keep the situation under control I got teleported to admin jail.

Appeal denied; read up on Heads of Staff conduct and self-antagging rulings. Do not revolt in future.