"Swarmers ate the ore silo!"

I could agree if cargo replaced it by moving the resources around resources were a lot more abundant. Either in that you get x2 by default and can upgrade it to x4 or they spawn more often. Because having to wait is just a paaaain! However, this could also make more use of the disposals system. Just package and send through materials.

Does any other server play without the ore silo? If we could draw some inspiration from them?

the ore silo is mostly unique to modern/recent tg code I believe. Goon has a similar machine called the rockbox though.

1 Like
18 Likes

What inspiration is there to draw? :thinking:

I suppose it’s been too long to say the addition was a recent change at this point but all the old support for fulfilling orders and deliveries is still present - they just fell out of use and players gradually forgot how to use them because the one-two punch of ore silo and protolathes removed nearly all of cargo’s purpose. Mail brought disposal mailing back into the light, but this was not added with mail.

Delivery systems were only utilized because cargo felt like it, since nobody had need of them otherwise, and there was no real reason to teach new players how to interact with them… Unless it was teaching people how to mail bombs or kill with MULEs

I’m thankful we at least succeeded at rolling back the bluespace miner, a machine that literally generated ores from thin air passively.

6 Likes

Woooooooooow whatttttt? That would make miners so useless hahaah, silly!

2 Likes

Do you really think miners would sign up to… mine ores? Ridiculous, there’s megafauna to slay!

10 Likes

Seems like every time im in Odessa (Pacifist) I get miner so… GOT NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO MINE hahhahaha

1 Like

My response everytime the HoP refuse to add Cargo and Mining access. lol

Reject ore silo, return to manually give materials to each department via disposals.

2 Likes

You can just join mid round, as in not setting “ready” at the beginning of round, even if you join 1 minutes after round started. It will prevent you form rolling most antags and will limit the chances of you being a murder target. Then you can just check crew mannifest in the lobby screen and pick one of the open jobs that you would like and/or that station needs.

2 Likes

Cargo gameplay would devolve to robotics screaming for iron every few minutes.

4 Likes

Well what does cargo do anyway beside fuck around 90% of the time and only ever working to order guns when there is nuclear operatives or doing rarely from time to time the orders placed privately by the crew ?
Now you have to send mats using your cute mule bots, a huge ass ripley with a clamp that can stock at least 20 crates or the disposal system. Extra points if you keep paperwork of every mat sent to each places to slap people on the wrist when they consume too much !
Frankly this change would be pretty interesting in my opinion.
Everyone would have to make sure that their stocks are well managed to be sure to not run out in critical situations. And it would give some utility to paperwork.

3 Likes

Yeah but I like always going random and sadly there’s no way to do it after round start…

I’ve thought about doing this but it just feels sooooo meta and gamey.

Ask the OOC chat before hand. lol

what do you mean?

For what to play you dummy! Or, or, go assistant and request to be assigned by the HoP. Request to become the ore silo. Now that’s a gimmick! Break into the vault. Yeet the ore silo. And deliver stuff to everyone. lol

Bonus points if you give me all the iron. :wink:

1 Like

when I do the HoP thing I always get like… Janitor or people who think I’m there to cause trouble :frowning:

Fair. Those HoP are the boring ones. See it this way. If they don’t help you, you won’t help them or call for help when you see them being dragged into maints by some shady fellow. :wink:

Was probably a friend of theirs!

1 Like

who the heck used disposals

the servers I remember just had you bring a locker to sci who had an omnilathe and a long ol’ line of people asking for stuff.