Sumter Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Sumter

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):Crypt Keeper

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Usually from 1pm to 5pm, then 7pm to 12am/EST

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I would cover the timeframe from 7pm to 12am that LRP goes without admins.

How old are you?: 24, 25 in November

Why do you want to be an admin?: I wish I didn’t have to, but there is simply no admins online to do tickets late at night and I can no longer tolerate this on LRP.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Almost a year.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Almost a year.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 2.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None.

Your strengths: I’m fully aware of what the rules are for the server and I’m very good at figuring things out. I’m also not afraid to ask questions. I’ve had 5 years of customer service related jobs IRL that are similar to the process of being an admin and resolving tickets. I like to help people.

Your weaknesses: I tend to get frustrated easily.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: When a problem goes unresolved and legitimate questions go ignored or mocked.

**What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience. **

What makes a staff team good?: When they work together to achieve goals.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To ensure the quality of the game and maintain a satisfied player base.

What kind of player are you?: I usually play the AI, and when I don’t I tend to try and help people both IC and as a mentor.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I will have to play less and have to resolve tickets more.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Doing that is currently not against the server rules, but the HOS gun is a high valued item. I’d give the clown a warning, but take no action as its an IC crime.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I’d admin prison the player and BWOINK him to ask why he did it. Going by how I see the bans listed on the forum, it would be something like " released plasma throughout the station as a non-antag" and depending on how long the CKEY has been in use and what his response was, perma ban him as a griefer or temp server ban him for grand sabotage as a non-antagonist.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: BWOINK him and ask what happened. If I know, tell him what he did wrong and give him a warning to be more careful next time or he might get temp banned from medical if it continues to happen.

How many hours have you played on bee?

According to tracked playtime,
Living 758h
Ghost 114h
Total: 872 hours

Easily missed as this is part of the extra rulings listed on the forums, but it’s actually not the correct answer, see the following thread:

Exact quote:

Rare or unique items such as the Wardens krav maga gloves, compact combat shotgun, or traitor objectives, are always self antagonising when stolen from someone or for no reason, unless there is an immediate purpose or need to steal said item. If the player cannot provide a valid reason, it is self antagonising behaviour.

An assistant comes out of maintenance, flashes, cuffs, and then toolboxes your head until you are dead. They then decapitate you, cut out your brain, and then deep fry it.

You check, and they are not an antagonist and you have never interacted with them in the round up until that moment.

What should you do?

it’s also fine to review the admin conduct page before you answer this.

I play on LRP, where theft of these items is commonplace. In fact a majority of the time these items get incinerated either intentionally or with the person who had them. Do you happen to know if that ruling is for both MRP and LRP?

That ruling is in effect on both servers.

1 Like

Do not resolve tickets/reports about you. In addition, do not punish a player who broke a rule against your own character and instead leave that to another admin.

Also thank you for the information on that ruling. we go so long without admins on LRP we weren’t sure about that one. We used to have a valid hunter named Kate that would kill people enforcing that ruling. Does that ruling also protect the captains items, such as his sword or the spare ID?

Bit off topic here :wink:

Sword is a unique item. The Captain’s spare ID was ruled to specifically not be self antag to steal or take.

1 Like

Pretty much perfect answers for me, and general good vibe. +1

Except the clown. But it’s close enough and LRP being LRP and clown being clown, it’s rather minor .

You’ll see this a lot in handling tickets. Since you have experience with handling customers. You’ll probably come across a lot of toxic people

I understand that. I don’t tend to let my frustration effect how I do my job, but besides my crippling fear of failure that was the only relevant weakness I could list.

Just remember, This is a volunteer job. It’s not a “actual” job however none the less it’s a responsibility and that it’s your job to make sure to enforce the rules. Specially on LRP. You can expect a ticket just containing the gamer word. I have hopes on you good luck brother

Always remember this - Your sanity isn’t worth it if it comes down to that.

This gets a +1 from me for now, more may come with additional questions, but I’m not sure they’re necessary between your demeanor, hours played and low note count. The single recent note is the only thing that concerns me, but one recent, minor note with an otherwise clean record for months of active play doesn’t mean a lot.

T: +2 (unless I missed a +/- from @bloons3 somewhere)

this is the first time this individual has agreed with me

based

I mean you do seem reasonable to me, and you do bring up the valid point that LRP is in urgent need of admins. I would vote for you too if I could :smiley:

Thank you! I believe if we had more admins on LRP there would be a lot better quality of rounds. I’ve personally seen greifers on late at night and have tried to pull admins from discord to stop them, but no one would join and sort it out. I want to make that behavior stop if I can.

I’m not sure if trialmins can, but it would also be nice to have more responses from centcom when they’re contacted and asked for an ERT or for other things on rounds where one was sorely needed.

+2, I’ve seen em enough ingame.

If my tally is fucked, it’s all Ruko’s fault for fucking it up.

T: +4