Stealthmin Admin report

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: SerMagma

Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown stealthmin (possibly halris?)

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08/12/2022

Round Number: 41712

Rules Broken (if relevant):

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

• Handle tickets respectfully, do not be condescending or aggressive in admin PMs.
  • Maintain a decent standard of professionalism when operating within the community. Insulting, harassing, or intentionally targeting anyone in our community is not tolerated.

Incident Description: I was checking out the orbit menu and noticed the pirate captain had finally spawned in, i felt like watching the second pirate attempt but weirdly there was an engineer in the locker with the atmos fireaxe, i assumed that they were “spawn camping” and thought i’d ahelp just to be safe.

Stealthmin looked into it, asked others for a few details and closed it saying it wasn’t spawn camping, all good no biggie

But then again, isn’t it still validhunting as the only pirate other than the one that had just spawned was being dealt with by the HOS.
Thr engi shouldn’t really be in the pirate shuttle with an axe in the first place.

Since i have personally witnessed this engineer validhunt before a fair few times, i thought it would be alright to just double check and clear it up since i originally ahelped about the spawn camping with no mention of validhunting:
(sorry for another ticket, but isn’t it still validhunting? security was already in engi dealing with the one pirate that spawned and he went to the ship for more)

only to get a pretty unprofessional and honestly? kinda rude PM back:
Do not reopen closed tickets, the ticket here wasn’t about YOU. I have spent time investigating this matter and found a resolution that was closer to the truth. I would give you details but you seem entitled so I don’t want this to become a habit. Feel free to staff report me if you do not agree with the way I handled that ticket.

Honestly feels like they were taking personal grudges into account, or some hidden note that i don’t know about.

Additional Information: It was a simple question, i really don’t see the need for the rude remark, it would’ve been easier to either reject the ticket or give a simple “please don’t re-open tickets”

I’d also like to add that the engi ended up becoming a pirate and sabotaged the SM yet faced no consequence. I do find it weird but it could just be a coincidence.

11 Likes

Interestingly enough, I had ahelped about the same guy and no one answered

It wasnt the same guy nevermind, the pirates just stole his ID

7 Likes

I guessed by the wording of your question in your reopening of the ticket that you were gonna argue/rules lawyer despite not having the full picture. I bwoinked both the guy accused of validhunting and the supposed victim, and by crossing information, ruled that it was a coincidence and not them camping.

I dedicated enough time to the issue you raised.

I got an awful vibe from you reopening the ticket, because it didn’t feel like a new player asking a question for guidance, but more like an experienced one looking for holes to poke in and potentially file a staff report on this.

I completely stand by this response, some players act entitled in tickets and make them about themselves, turning it into a giant waste of time. This isn’t a Civil Courts, you aren’t awarded damages if you report someone that has nothing to do with your character for breaking the rules. What we ask of players is to report issues to let us do out job, not get personnally invested in them. I do not see what insults or what was out of line here, you were the one out of line. You in fact wrote an entire staff report because I talked to you instead of simply rejecting your report. You completely dismissed the part about the supposed validhunting in this report because it’s not what interests you, it’s never what interested you… It always was about you.

It frustrates me how right I hit the nail right on the head despite acting purely on instinct.

What will I do better? I suppose I will hit reject when you reopen tickets now, or straight up take actions.

They asked if they could sabotage the SM to create a distraction to loot the station as they were under pressure, I told them that they could cause chaos if and only if they stayed true to their words, that is looting shit, and not just screwing over people for the sake of it.
I left shortly after however so I didn’t see how they conducted themselves after that. This is an entirely different issue that has nothing to do with what’s being reported.

I won’t lie, I now really regret adminning that round after being hit by that entitlement.

2 Likes

You were needlessly hostile towards me for pointing out repeated behaviour that i have personally been a “victim” of.

I admit i assumed the worst when i saw a random engineer in the pirate shuttle hiding in a locker with the axe, and was fine with the outcome for that.

So we shouldnt ahelp if we see a griefer or anything that isnt related to our character?

I am also not “out of line” for wrting a staff report after you yourself told me to write one.

I’d have to disagree with the part about the ticket not being anything to do with me, i play on the server too and wouldnt like to encounter this type of LRP/validhunting behaviour when playing a round

4 Likes

I told you off for reopening the ticket, not reporting a potential issue, that I took seriously given circumstances, I even thanked you for your report, but you brushed that off because it doesn’t fit the narrative of me acting awful towards you.

I never said that, I pointed out your position during this round as someone being somewhat remote from the situation, which explained your lack of informations, as opposed to the perpetrator and most importantly, the supposed real victim which here wasn’t even you, but the pirate that spawned in.

You are out of line for requiring me to give you a full report on how we handled a ticket, which you did when reopening the ticket, not just trying to hold us accountable but asking us to behave a certain way that suits you. It’s clear that you wouldn’t have been satisfied of anything other than me going along with your skewed vision of events. You saying that you would have preferred me silently rejecting your reopening of the ticket is nothing short of a lie, given how far you are taking this supposed matter.

The fact is that we are volunteers that do this for free in this game that is provided for free to you. If I have to handle disgruntled players (customers here really), in a corporate manner and act dishonest with them just to satisfy their ego, then I’m gonna ask to be paid here, at least minimum wage, because we would have fully become Burger King.
I believed I remained within the standards set by current Staff Policy, that is remain civil and respectful, only thing I did wrong, apparently, was tell you honestly why you were in the wrong, and to drop it or take it to the forum, not to report my “conduct”, but the actual matter that you should have disagreed upon, the original ticket. The thing that you care about apparently.

That issue doesn’t have anything to do with you, it was between the pirate and the reported player. You are a player on a server hosted for free and maintained for free by volunteers. I appreciate people caring and wanting things to improve, I appreciate when players report actions and help us moderate this place, I appreciate when players try to RP and encourage RP, I do not appreciate unwarranted entitlement.

The fact that you tried to derail the report two times by expanding the scope of the argument here to “not ahelping things that aren’t related to your character” and being “out of line for writing a staff report” are symptoms that you are pursuing a fruitless endeavour here, you have no grounds to stand on because ultimately, I wasn’t rude or that condescending to you.

The only real topic, the one that you would have discussed if you were acting true to your word would have been the ticket I ruled IC itself. This would have been a ruling disagreements ticket, not a conduct report.

But here we are.
I will die on this hill by the way. This type of behaviour is what burns through volunteers of any kind in any domain, entitlement.

4 Likes

Can you really not see how your response to the ahelp was rude and unneeded?

I never once asked for the outcome of the ticket and admin policy doesnt need you to tell me, i wanted to mention the validhunting as ive witnessed said character do it before and forgot to mention it in the first ticket.

I was fine with whatever the outcome of the tickets were, its not my place as a player to enforce the rules.

you assumed all i wanted to do was rule lawyer and took an extremely hostile tone which is still present in discord for whatever reason.

You keep using the word “entitlement” yet you arent explaining how i was being ‘entitled’ for mentioning something i shouldve included in the first ticket. If anything, you are the one acting entitled here, you seemingly feel the need to recieve specal treatment for applying as an admin.
There are other people on each side of the ticket, can you really not see how it actually hurts to see a person you respected treat you like trash?

2 Likes

It wasn’t rude nor was it unneeded, it was honest, which to me is a sign of respect and trust, despite me telling you I don’t trust you with discussing this matter in the ticket, while telling you to take it to the forum to make a ruling disagreement and have a headmin review how I handled things.

I now realize the core issue here, it’s all a big fucking misunderstanding.

You believe that you didn’t report validhunting in your original ticket, and that you reopened to report something else. The thing is, I treated it as validhunting right from the go.
You reported someone for being a crewmember that had gained access to the pirate shuttle to camp their spawn and kill them.
Adminning in essence, is taking facts and translating them into rules issue. In this case, what I saw was “Potential validhunting with added metagaming on top (abusing the knowledge of antag spawns)”. So that’s how I approached the original ticket, and it is why I investigated.

You reopening didn’t look like you adding something else to the report, it looked like you were inquiring about the outcome and my process because I had already considered validhunting, it was in fact my main approach when I bwoinked the relevant players. One of the main reason for that is that you didn’t submit new facts for me to review, you made a ruling suggestion that I wasn’t open to given your position at the time. But even then, I was blinded by the misunderstanding.

I still consider your course of action to be regrettable here, but I now see that this entire issue stemmed from cluelessness rather than malicious pettiness.

I had already handled validhunting, you believed you were offering a new angle to the case, but it felt like you stepping out of lines for what we expect of reports.

I think it’s a bit sad if you consider that this is me “treating you like trash”. I wouldn’t spend that much time writing and breaking things down if I didn’t care about anything or anyone here. This is getting a bit off topic, but I believe people that I respect deserve honesty whenever they can handle it. If I really didn’t care or didn’t respect you, I’d have memed you in the response or ignored it entirely.

I still believe everything above I said is true.

I however understand now what happened more clearly, you tried to act in good faith and to help me resolve a ticket by making a rules suggestion after I closed the ticket, which I took as an attempt at probing to rules lawyer and get me to waste time making myself accountable to you for the sake of your ego.

I told you off, bluntly but still in a productive manner by redirecting you to the forum to make a staff report since this is the next course of action for ruling disagreement.

You took it as a personnal attack, basically me telling you to fuck off after you did what you believed to be adding substance to a ticket.

The rest is history, and we see now that there’s nothing to see here really.

How could this have been avoided? I want to say I could have been less defensive, but I can’t help but believe that any course of action on my end would have led us here anyway.
You could have not reopened that ticket, although I get why you would want to do that if you felt like you didn’t properly file it in the first place.
Perhaps you could have better worded it to not make it seem like you were preparing grounds to argue about the rules.
Perhaps none of this was avoidable, and we were all set on this path by fate.

Regardless, I now believe that this isn’t one of the pettiest staff report, but one of the silliest. Because it’s just us misunderstanding each other.

5 Likes

Fuck my life and my lack of brain cells close it

6 Likes

Closing at submitter’s request.