Station Objective - Showroom

!!WARNING this is an ideasguy thread!!

A station objective should be to refill the showroom with various things the crew can get.

Lavaland boss artifact / weapon thing.
Bananium artifact.
Combat mech.
Botany cigars.
The one mega cake thing.
3x action figures.
Lazer rifle.
A few drinks.

The core idea is to let everyone on the station help out with something to make it a pretty neat showroom. The objective could even be checked automatically when a picture of the show room is taken and sent to CC.

There would also be a center piece which can be really difficult to get like a Phazon, Morph (dead or alive), E-sword, Syndicate Secret Documents, and so on. You’d also basically be building up a loot stash that could easily be stolen from.

5 Likes

This sounds so cute

1 Like

The idea sounds cool and all, but this feels like an extension of the bounty system.
Some of the mentioned items are already in the bounty sheet and the ones that are not, could be added.

I would suggest to maybe instead of making the items disappear from the station (Send the to CC), some of the items could be placed in the trophy room and the more bounties are completed the more the trophy room gets filled.

5 Likes

Sending bounty items to CC places them in the trophy room? Why did Cargo then get a bunch of money and said item was shipped away on a shuttle? It feels very gamey.

If you went with the original idea you also get to decorate it yourself. Sure, it is similar to the Cargo Bounty system but anyone would be able to assist and help the project more than simply providing the item. You could throw all the things on a pile or you could place them neatly and orderly. Perhaps add some tables, lights and glass for everyone to be able to see and enjoy.

1 Like

So the showroom area would be stripped of all floor tiles, machines, items, and wall objects (lights, APCs, Air Alarm, etc). Cables, pipes, windows, walls and doors would be exempt from this.

It’ll be a shell for the Captain or someone else to gather people to fill it up (tracked) and decorate it (not tracked).

1 Like

Well the way I understand it, this is a research station, so achieving scientific experiments could be rewarded. Simple bounties such as 3 packs of cheesers, or a bonfire could be shipped of and never to be seen again. But things which could be counted as trophies such as a Phazon, Xenomorph organs, a tesla, could be left behind.

If this is a suggestion to make the trophy room originally empty from the start, that I don’t see nothing wrong with it, we would just get an extra room for decorations.

You sell it and get to keep it? What a deal!

Depending on the station objective, yes.

Maybe sending the bounty triggers centcom to send back a “Display Sample” of the item? This display sample uses the same sprite but can’t be used? Like how the currently existing display room has an unusable Seraph.
(I would also think that the Display Sample should be able to be put on top of a MULE for easy delivery)
Edit: I think it would add an interesting dynamic if the “Display Samples” were worth money to pirates.

1 Like

And uuh question, when do you code it?

When you get laid. smh :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.