spicyCookie314 [Jon Dear | Data] Mentor application

Your CKEY: spicycookie314

Your Discord: Spicycookie314#0330

How long have you been playing ss13?: a little over 800 hours.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Nobody off the top of my head, but people who’ve seen my AI or my human in atmos/medical/engineering can (hopefully) attest to my solid grasp of those respective jobs.

Game Experience (More Detailed):
Cant embed images, so:
30h+ as atmos tech, CE, engineer, scientist, security, and miner, increasing in that order, as well as 130 hours as silicon. Describing the rest specifically would make this to long even by my standards, although it should be mentioned I also have 20 hours as Cap and Hos.

Anyways,

I’d rank my experience level at a solid 9/10. I have a strong and flexible grasp on every department, although I’ll be the first to admit the gaps in my knowledge. Specifically botany, virology, and xenobiology. I have a basic grasp of their basic mechanics, and some of the advanced mechanics even, but breeding charts, specific chemical effects or just niche mechanics in general are hard for my pea brain to memorize. For these departments, I keep a wiki open and perform great in game, however.

Command: I know SOP, Space law, and when to take a joke. I know what departments do what, and short of RD I’m comfortable managing each department and the entire station during crisis.

Engineering: I know each station’s atmospherics and SM like the back of my hand. I love trying new things, and I can whip up a TEG in 30 minutes, which is one of the more milder ways to demonstrate basic understanding of high-level mechanics. I’m also just experienced enough to know singulo and tesla engines are never a good idea.

Cargo: Bounties, trash, buy, sell, mine, stamp, deliver, tesla, die.
I love the mining part of mining, so I don’t have every chest item’s effects seared into my brain, but all of cargo and mining mechanics are simple enough.

Security: Again, I know space law, and I know what’s going to far and what’s laziness/incompetency. Solid grasp of mechanics and conduct. I’ve made mistakes and got bwoinked (not belligerent power-abuse, just ignorance) but this was the role I learned the game through.

Medical: Like I said, I need the wiki open for chems, but other than that I know just about what to do in about any situation. and I know to leave cryo tubes on auto-open… Good grasp on gen, virology is another weak spot. Need wiki open and I’m good to go.

Science: I know to research, I know to neutralize anomalies, I know robotics and I can do toxins by 15:00 round time. I have a solid grasp of xeno, (know reproductive, industrial, and to make god damn charged yellow) but I’m still at the point of learning new effects every time I play.

Silicon: Love to play AI and borgs. Know silicon policy and (pretty sure) all of their mechanics and such. My playtime should speak for itself here.

Service: Know how to mass produce everything in botany with max positive traits with DNA manipulator, but just like xeno, learn knew things whenever I play it, usually keep wiki open.
Giv insuls plea s

I love learning new things in this game, and I want to give that back to the people who are where I was when I started playing. Look forward to answering questions!
(also sorry if that was a lot, but not rlly- said more detail)

1 Like

ban history is pretty much clear, the applications length alone should be a reason to +1

good luck

1 Like

I don’t know about your experience aside from what you wrote yourself so:

“Why did I turn into a flyperson?”
Can monkeys have mutations?
Is Pituitary Disruption beneficial?
Do gas pumps hold gas?
“How can I see the crew manifest?”
How to check the station alert? (Green alert, Blue alert, Red alert, Delta alert)

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re mentor material, but I can confirm that you are at least competent most of the time. I don’t interact with you too much, so not a whole lot to say.

Please let this become the new format for testing would-be mentors with questions.

• “Why did I turn into a flyperson?”
    Teleporter error… probably

• Can monkeys have mutations?
    Not unless humanized, but they can turn into grillas

• Is Pituitary Disruption beneficial?
    Well being beeeg is objectively good, but mechanically not really.

• Do gas pumps hold gas?
    Would you believe I actually dont know off the top of my head? I just replace with volume pumps/straight pipe on muscle memory. Id assume so.

• “How can I see the crew manifest?”
    Id check my PDA? (or pai donwload) If theres alternate ways ive never needed/used em

• How to check the station alert?
    Ive always asked AI/command or use communications console in bridge/caps office.

Application, ban history and hours look good, waiting on more questions since I can’t think of any off the top of my head. Had my first covid shot yesterday and not exactly feeling the best right now.

1 Like
  1. Can the following locations be used as a cult base?
    1a. White Ship
    1b. Mining Base
    1c. AI sat
  2. Patient presents expired past 15 minutes with heavy organ decay but no apparent damage. Cloning via clone pod or botany is unavailable.
    How can they be revived without use of surgery?
  3. Name one non-beaker item that can be placed in a large grenade casing.
  4. What golem type would be most effective at fighting Nukies (multiple correct answers, name one)
  5. Steps to replica pod clone someone?
  6. Mhelp comes in asking “can External Affairs Agent maxcap the bridge”, what do you say?
  7. Immovable rod is looping through the Z level, how do you stop it?

^^ deleted bc i didnt click reply

• Can the following locations be used as a cult base?
    1a. White Ship
    1b. Mining Base
    1c. AI sat
    Ai sat and mining base, yes.

• Patient presents expired past 15 minutes with heavy organ decay but no apparent damage. Cloning via clone pod or botany is unavailable.
    How can they be revived without use of surgery?
    cut off head and rip out brain (technically not surgery if you just harm intent), give brain mannitol and put in mmi.

• Name one non-beaker item that can be placed in a large grenade casing.
    any slime core

• What golem type would be most effective at fighting Nukies
    You want me to say Sand because no bullet damage and reduced brute, but the real answer is Bananium. That way, they kill themselves

• steps to replica pod clone someone?
    Not a clue.

• Mhelp comes in asking “can External Affairs Agent maxcap the bridge”, what do you say?
    “should probably discuss it with an admin, man”

• Immovable rod is looping through the Z level, how do you stop it?
    I didn’t know you could!

Not all that worried about a lack of knowledge given your playtime, but here’s a few general questions.

• Where can you get extra plant data disks for botany?

• How do oozelings work and how would you go about healing one?

• How do you turn on emergency maintenance access as an AI?

• What does an EMAG do?

• What does the virus extrapolator do?

Most likely

Yes

That works for an answer

Pumps do not hold gas, they just teleport the gas from one side to the other

Was hoping you’d say something about PDA cartridges or asking the HoP to print the crew manifest out

The “Bottom” light on any fire alarm shows the station alert, asking heads of staff for station alert is unreliable and not a great solution

The answers were okay, +/- 0 for now

fellow AI enthusiast heh. anyway here are some questions

• a player says that they want bulespace crystals but they can only get “poly crystals”
  • how do you paint inhand objects
  • a player asks how to fix a husked body. and sadly cloning has exploded
  • you see a body with a skull icon on your mediHUD what does that mean
  • how can one go about fixing deep rooted brain traumas
    (detail the falure prevention steps. a botched brain surgery is VER VERY BAD)
  • a player asks how to make nanites.
  • port,bow,starboard,aft, what’s what
  • a player says that they want bulespace crystals but they can only get “poly crystals”
    honestly never heard the term “poly crystal” in all my time of gameplay and couldnt find anything online, but if you cant get them from anything linked to silo, you can make them in xeno with bluespace slimes and plasma, borrow from teleporter or make an artificial one at techfab/protolathe.

• how do you paint inhand objects
    Spray can in activated hand, click on second object while cap is off spraycan.

Depends on the cause. Ling husk? remove brain, Throw in an MMI because you’re nice, and get a monkified body and plop it in. (if gen didnt blow up with cloning). If its just a damaged husk then time for a bunch of tend wounds, and then when everything is healed, apply 80u of synthflesh and defib or revival surgery.

• you see a body with a skull icon on your mediHUD what does that mean
    Player has been dead for 15 minutes and can no longer be defibrillated.

• how can one go about fixing deep rooted brain traumas
    Lobotomy. Make sure theyre naked and use sterilizer spray, operating table or stasis beds, and clean/correct tools.

• a player asks how to make nanites.
    Well I know how to make nanites and all but I’d recommend an in-depth guide for that, probably link a wiki too.

Port - Left | Bow - Front | Starboard - Right | Aft - Back

a player says that they want bulespace crystals but they can only get “poly crystals”
honestly never heard the term “poly crystal” in all my time of gameplay and couldnt find anything online, but if you cant get them from anything linked to silo, you can make them in xeno with bluespace slimes and plasma, borrow from teleporter or make an artificial one at techfab/protolathe.

a BS polycrystal is what you get when you pull BS matter from a protolathe,oresilo ect
you can chip off BS crystals off that.

how do you paint inhand objects
Spray can in activated hand, click on second object while cap is off spraycan.

purple crab heh

Depends on the cause. Ling husk? remove brain, Throw in an MMI because you’re nice, and get a monkified body and plop it in. (if gen didnt blow up with cloning). If its just a damaged husk then time for a bunch of tend wounds, and then when everything is healed, apply 80u of synthflesh and defib or revival surgery.

mostly good but its 100+ synthflesh not 80.

you see a body with a skull icon on your mediHUD what does that mean
Player has been dead for 15 minutes and can no longer be defibrillated.

yes

how can one go about fixing deep rooted brain traumas
Lobotomy. Make sure theyre naked and use sterilizer spray, operating table or stasis beds, and clean/correct tools.

very good

a player asks how to make nanites.
Well I know how to make nanites and all but I’d recommend an in-depth guide for that, probably link a wiki too.

could work but i would give the basics as well. i dont trust the wiki

Port - Left | Bow - Front | Starboard - Right | Aft - Back

good

welp answers where good only 1 admition to defeat.
your time is good
and your answers to other mentors seem good at the time of writing
+1

1 Like

mostly good but its 100+ synthflesh not 80.

Now i know why you dont trust wiki lol
had that memorized forever

• Where can you get extra plant data disks for botany?
    Again, botany is my weak spot, so honestly other than the closets in the back, I wouldn’t know. Maybe printing at service techfab/protolathe?

• How do oozelings work and how would you go about healing one?
    Everything that heals tox for other races does tox damage, they lose limbs from water and cold does lots of burn. Need blood to regen and regrow limbs. overfeed to replenish blood and regrow limbs while healing.

• How do you turn on emergency maintenance access as an AI?
    Communications console in bridge/caps office. Emergency access → enable
    (not sure if i got names wrong, kinda muscle memory after so long)

• What does an EMAG do?
    Depends on what youre using it on. Most common applications are bolting open and disabling airlocks and subverting borgs in your favor.

• What does the virus extrapolator do?
    Scans/samples viruses either from a bottle or in the environment, say from dried blood, old gibs, or dried puke.

1. Yes
  2. I was looking for strange reagent, borging doesn’t really count as reviving.
  3. Yes
  4. Yes on both counts
  5. Blood sample, inject blood into packet, plant packet, harvest when ready
  6. Yes, good
  7. Research director on grab intent

+1, 2 of the 3 missed questions were really esoteric.

1 Like

ooh quizzing.
Some questions that I think might be sorta common:

1 I need to feed an oozeling water or holy water. How do I do so without killing them?

2 a borg is synced to the AI and has weird technology. Is it or the AI malf?

3 how do I fix a subverted AI without it shooting me?

4 how do I play music?

5 Will rats in food still make me sick?

6 how do I revive IPC?!

2 Likes

Let’s have some Sci questions:

Which bot(s) begins patrol immediately after construction?

What are the limits of self defib nanites?

What and how much Gas do you need for a 50K maxcap?

What are the effects of the stabilized light pink extract and how do you make one?

Good player, always helpful as both Jon Dear and Data for answering job related questions, will take their time explaining when helping out idiots like me.

1 Like