CKEY: longines

Admin’s CKEY: megamememan

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one:

Which server did the ban happen on?

Ban Type: global

Ban Length: 2 day

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 7/10

Round ID: 18388

Ban Reason: after getting flashed immediately critted the person who flashed them, disconnected before I could get a chance to talk with them, authed by Ruko

Appeal Reason: he flashed me. I critted him, asked why, and then healed them. i did not dc early on purpose.

@Ruko BUMP u AUTHED THIS…

Why crit someone over a flash in the first place though? The part about healing them was left out, but so was the disconnection.

I specifically asked if they fought back at all and was told they didn’t as well.

1 Like

Yep they ran. Violence is a natural reflex when a non-sec flashes you (on LRP), and I say that because of past experience. I know I got banned for it, but I really do think it’s a little much to ask to give non-sec the benefit of the doubt when they non-lethal you.

@Ruko re-pinging bc I hit my response limit.

I don’t agree. I really think that’s counterintuitive to the spirit of the game, especially on LRP. It isn’t bad escalation. And Ruko please try to remember, I’m speaking from LRP EXPERIENCE, experience I’m not so sure you have.

@TheLegend27 When I say I’m speaking from EXPERIENCE, it’s experience of dying when I get flashed by a rando. When I say NATURAL REFLEX, it means I didn’t consciously initiate the decision to kill people who flash me. Undeniable is not the word. It is not that simple

1 Like

Well, that’s not the way escalation works. It hasn’t been pushed officially, but a draft of a written out escalation policy (potentially final since there has been no opposition to it yet) has been posted on the forums. You should really give it a look.

Escalation has long been enforced without definition, but ultimately your situation boils down to: it’s not self defense once you’re pursuing someone and out for blood.

While that policy isn’t “official” yet, the official policy is literally admin discretion right now. And critting someone who runs up, flashes you and runs away is definitely bad escalation

Running is not resisting, he was literally trying to get away from you, not continue the fight, yeah flashing someone is sus but when they start straight up running away instead of trying to fight you that’s when you give them the benefit of the doubt, because had he wanted to attack you he could’ve, a few drills would’ve been whatever but ripping someone apart with a drill because they flashed you once is undeniably excessive.

2 Likes

not looking too good for me then

Yeah, I think it’s clear that you were in the wrong here. Hopefully, the admins do consider the fact that you did heal him which shows good intent in the end at-least.

All right, after reviewing what I can and with Ruko’s input and my own understanding of the rules, I’m gonna be denying this, regardless of “natural reflexes” it’s still overescalation, therefore ban is staying the way it is. Your note history is not exactly the cleanest, and by the looks of it you should be aware of the rules at this point.