Small feature megathread

Yes, I know this, but some people do use droppers.

1 Like

Mech building can be extremely fast and overpowered. This comes form someone who LOVES Robotics. I’d suggest temporarily increasing the wiring time or other parts to make it somewhat slower. With a goal of entirely remakin’ the mech building process to be more difficult and a challenge. I got 300+ hours with Roboticist and roughly by the 100 hour mark did I memorize all the steps for all the mechs (except the Honk Mech). If I am permitted, I could pump out probably one mech every two to five minutes consistently. Assuming there is resources for it.

Today a Roboticist pal and I pumped out five Combat Mechs in the span of roughly three minutes (excluding printing).

1 Like

Just adding more waiting time makes stuff more tedious instead of fixing the issue which is that mech parts and construction are too accessible.

Please do note the keyword. I do advice making the process more difficult. I can imagine you having to specifically apply wires to each component and lay down specifically to access certain locations on the mech.

that’s just increasing tediousness, adding more cables isn’t gonna stop the average 500 hours muscle memory roboticist, they’re just gonna relearn it. Maybe robo needs an actual rework that makes mechs a very very endgame thing

This fucks over new people on robotics.

I never make mechs because its so complicated and unintuitive.

You need the goddamn wiki page opened up to know what to do.

If you make mech building more complex please add some way to know what to do in game so its more intuitive.

Yeah mechs seem like you just need to memorize a bunch of shit to make em but it’s piss easy to do so once you know it, it’s bad game design lmao

1 Like

A good solution might be to let people examine them to see what’s needed next on the unfinished mech.

1 Like

This would go a long way indeed Wrill!!

Its what I do for the reinforced walls.

Or maybe a document ingame with like the various steps you could keep open, like an instruction manual!

1 Like

When someone farts, people within a 5x5 area have a chance to start coughing with people underneath the person being guaranteed.

2 Likes

Imagine randomly farting and then the locker next to you starts to cough. lol

(Could exclude people in boxes, lockers and similarly?)

1 Like

Just implement my instructions of Mech building. xd

We ar the Scholars University for the Study of Farting have greatly enjoyed your most recent work.

If you should consider continuing in this pursuit we would like to extend to you an offer for a scholarship at our university.

Kind Regards,
Joon Rosenthal (Fart Sniffer)

Give Roboticist Mech access for all departments. Leaving mechs unlocked for anyone is stupid. People don’t know how to lock mechs and sometimes aren’t around to pick 'em up. Give Roboticist access to all Mech Bay accesses so they can lock it to that one department.

It was funny until you declarerd yourself fart sniffer, the fuck?

2 Likes

Someome nicknamed me to fart snider on discord

1 Like

make it so ipcs cant stub their toes on a table.
make it so you can buy more than one character slot,
add a section to beecoin shop for nonhumans like plasmaman being able to buy the vip envirosuit

2 Likes

Add in a phobia for mail and people with mail uniforms if it isn’t already a thing. lol

5 Likes

Give Comms agents a loud speaking option so they can impersonate Command.

1 Like

Add a counter on the end of the round report showing the amount of people alive on the escape shuttle when it has been hijacked. Encourage antags to not just capture the shuttle for the Syndicate but also possible people to get a ransom out of. It would encourage antags to keep as many people on the shuttle as possible and avoid killing them.

3 Likes