Serket Mentor Application (I was coerced into making it)

Mentor Application

Your CKEY:Serket

Your Discord:Grievous#2357

How long have you been playing ss13?:Fuck if I know like more then a year

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Mainly dok and kit_katz

Game Experience (More Detailed):I play a lot of chem and sci, and have all antags on and have died as them at least once. I’m also a teacher in real life, so thats like bonus points.

Portrait of me showing my knowlege:

8 Likes

robust player, very knowledagabke +1

good player and knowledge able +1 from me too

+1

Shut up automod this is a complete sentence.

+1
Edward Nyarish
Hours look good, get more engineering hours

+1 join the mentor metagang

Damn no questions.

Riddle me this: how would you set up a CO2-cooled supermatter engine?

It’s actually very simple. (I never actually tested CO2 SM after supermatter surges were added but ¯_(ツ)_/¯)

Now to be clear, engineering isn’t my area of expertise, I’m almost always going to link the wiki or a video if I’m the only one to answer. That being said, in the spirit of making a fool of myself I’ll try to answer.

Okay, first do all the normal setup, setting up the vents and scrubbers. Maxing pumps or replacing them with pipes, setting the space cooling loop, and set the n2 filters to also separate c02 to send back to the engine. After all of that pipe a little bit of cooled c02 into the engine from atmos and bam you’ve got the bare minimum setup that wont delaminate. In my very little experience with the sm (also before supermatter surges) this setup always worked fine. So I assume it’s probably still good.

But if I was actually asked this question, Id assume it would be by someone who knows all that and is looking for a more advanced setup, so I would just link them this (SS13) Pure CO2 Supermatter setup guide - YouTube

+1
he knows his shit. in most departments including service

but seriously learn engineering you’ll need it

Looks good to me, +1 for knowledge and also pity for knowing how shitty kids have been with a year off from in person school

:wave: +1
:baguette_bread: :wine_glass:

Crossed better check under his car from now on. :cold_face:

+1
Fuck it, Sanders didn’t answer his questions, you can have his.

1. How to make BBQ sauce?

2. How many Nyas have been said in beecord history?

3. I found an “unusual gem” in balgruuf’s bedroom, how do I find an appraiser?(meme)

4. What vital starting lawyer item can’t be found in the lawyer vendor?

5. What chap weapon can be worn on belt, back, or exosuit slot?

6. Where can caps knight armor be found?

7. What are the minimum items needed for a custom shuttle and name the amount of such you would use.

1 Like

No questions here. Have a +1 instead.

Sorry for the delay in response!
Funnily enough, to make a pure CO2 setup, all you have to do is set up a normal N2 setup and triple layer the space loop, set one of the filters to also filter in co2, slowly pipe in co2 until it makes up about 50% of the gas then turn to N2 filter to nothing. I don’t know the exact numbers from here but the more moles of co2 you pump in, the slower the sm loses power. Some moles of co2 are also consumed at a rate so you’ll want to strike a balance.
Anyways now get fucked by a shitty ass sm surge and get banned >:)
No votes for you because i’m mean >:)

Not nearly enough dude

What’s the point of the triple layer if you are gonna pussyfoot it.

Bring it to 80 percent at the minimum if you went through the work of triple layer. Also only wrench one tank of n2 in at the beginning and leave the other incase of delam from SM event

Ah now these are the questions I love.

1. (Assuming you’re just a chef) First you need to yell at botany to give you tomatoes to juice. Mix up some sugar and water with your salt. Mix that with an equal amount of pepper and tomato juice from those tomatoes you got earlier. Then burn some paper and scoop it up in your glass with all the rest of the shit you gathered. Then you can use your condimaster to purify it if you accidently put to much of one thing.

2. I dare not seek the answer to that, but I know ivan probably caused most of them.

3. Who the fuck is balgruff, that’s a worse name then just three random letters mixed together.

4. There’s a lot of totttttaly vital goodies. Like the briefcase, the laser pointer to distract court cats, and last but not least the cool kid sunglasses. (Also the pda cartridge, forgot about that one)

5. None of the chaps weapons as far as I know can fit on the exosuit slot, but the katana and claymore can both go on the back and belt.

6. Pubby station gives the captain knight armor in attempt to not be the worst station in rotation (failed).

7. I am not doing the math behind that because fuck that, but if you want to build a shuttle its not tooooooo hard. You’ll need a gas tank of plasma, a rpd for pipes, some iron for the machine/computer frames and the shuttle structure itself. Apc parts and wires, also a pacman or some source of energy for it (bonus points if you use xeno). You’ll need to get the boards for the computers and thrusters, if you wait for alien tech and get void thrusters you can skip all of the plasma setup. You’ll also want a nice rpd packed with tasty parts. After all that you designate your shuttle with the Shuttle Designator and you’re done!

1 Like

Goodbye, heathen

+1

You missed the part where I changed the N2 filter to nothing and made a pure (as pure as I can make at least) CO2 SM

Knows atmos, better than dallas +1

1. Good

2. Thats why it was a question designed for Sanders, he personally orchestrated the genocide of thousands of Nyas.

3. See above ^^^

4. …Interesting… it was the radio headset though. Currently, the lawyer has to steal a sec one if he doesn’t spawn with it

5. Pretty sure the Ancient Spear, for example, has fit on the Stone Sentinel armor before from what I have seen. I could be tripping balls though

6. Yea

7. Good Enough