Security rules according to admins

according to 3 different admins, security are allowed to steal people’s items if they are not entitled to it
according to the admins, the only thing people are entitled to are jumpsuit, department-related exosuits such as labcoats & hardsuits, job-related items such as tablets and toolbelts, backpack, ID, and PDA

since I’ve seen THREE DIFFERENT ADMINS all say this is all fine & dandy then it should be safe to do this as sec

additionally, security are encouraged to kill people instead of detaining

Is this a joke, bruv,

Dont read if your a mentor

Shhh, dont tell him but it isn’t a real rule

this is based and all but im still going to suicide lance any sec officer that takes my greytiding tools

2 Likes

If you have an item that can reasonably considered stolen, it is now a security asset.

I don’t know what specific instance you’re referring to, but I’ll give you the reasoning I use when greytiding assistants are arrested early on.

Unassigned assistants that just came to the station and took it upon themselves to get insulated gloves, toolbelts and weapons of any kind (baseball bat usually) are going to be seen as suspicious. If you’re caught breaking into anywhere, your tools are subject to confiscation only to be returned if the appropriate department vouches for you. Stop joining just to disrupt other players and break into places on MRP - if you’re an assistant, you have no job assignment or particular duties, but you’re still expected to assist the station.

This is why I keep going after people roundstart who gear up in tider-mode and immediately start hacking doors. You aren’t a thief if you aren’t an antagonist

Your character is a grown adult working on a research station for a major company. You are a professional. Act like it.

You want to explore space and join as assisstant? Sure by all means. I really liked the ideas made in the thread and I don’t think it’s powergaming to take a hardsuit for space exploration. It’s literally required. Take some meds too.

You want to be a drug addled misfit? Okay, also cool. Put the RP into it - ask chemistry for drugs and offer to do them favors. Bribe botany to grow drug laden plants just for you… Hell, be the botanist. But know that sec will still come after you for drugs.

Want to just grab all your chosen equipment, never say anything to anyone and shove people until you get a fight? Go to LRP.

2 Likes

Imo they can confiscate dangerous items like sec gear and weapons but shouldn’t take things like insuls or job related items and they should be confiscating not stealing and using, unless it’s something like sec gear. Obviously if your proven antag, you have no rights and should be plundered for the loot.

So you think an assistant with no affiliation to any department yet, but caught breaking into the vault (or any department area) should be released with their insulated gloves a toolbelt full of tools already proven to be used for breaking and entering?

I don’t agree, but I’ll respect your decision if you confirm.

If the crime was related to that, then I would be fine with them taking it

For me, in that situation I would be fine if sec left em with it or took it, not like I am gunna ban security for taking items from someone being a shitter, unless they have a good reason for it

NOOOO STOP IT ASSISTANT WHY DO YOU WANT INSULATED GLOVES NOOOO
Retarded

2 Likes

This is the correct view on this topic. You can’t just let greytiders go with the equipment they are using to commit crimes.

This looks like a post to have as reference when you do something grog-like and have to rule lawyer it

It all depends on the circumstances. You can’t give a definitive answer for questions like this. I’ve told you time and time again.

If you want something as complete as possible though, here’s the answer:

Items that were used to commit a crime and items that should otherwise not be on a person are fair game for a security officer to confiscate. Items that have to do with a crime but not otherwise used directly in a crime may also be confiscated. (IE: You assault someone with a kitchen knife, the officer may take the baton in your backpack)

This all depends on the circumstances but it should apply to most situations.

1 Like

this is in direct response to me arresting him for trying to remove my SEChuds while we both waited for evac

I removed his gold chain for a joke because he was crying so much

He then made an ahelp which got me bwoinked;

• why did you arrest everett

• he tried to steal my glasses

• ok

they salted in OOC about it and now here we are with even more salt

delicious

BASED

20 chars blow my cock

1 Like

i don’t break into places because it’s fucking bannable and everyone knows if I give anyone the slightest reason to ban me, I’m getting another perma

Stop being a shitter to everything and everyone then

I’ll sec ban you if you start doing things described in this guide.

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Shitcurity

1 Like

Lame. i feel like we haven’t had solid shitcurity in awhile

that was a great read haha