[SCUMSTAR420] banned by [ro5490]

CKEY: SCUMSTAR420

Admin’s CKEY: ro5490

Ban Type: Game Ban

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2022-10-16 19:14:27

Round ID: 40888

Ban Reason: ‘Self-Antag and Griefing - As a non-antag chaplain on a greenshift, beat a lawyer into crit in the courtroom for no valid IC reason. DC Before bwoink. Explain yourself on the forums.’

Appeal Reason: I was a bit silly but I believe the ban should at least be shortened.

Additional Information: I was roleplaying a court case in the courtroom and the opposing lawyer repeatedly bad-mouthed my character’s religion, so I (in character) got angry and lashed them with a whip which came from my nimrod a few times (it was already quite heated beforehand and people were pushing each other) and the opposing lawyer died. I quickly realised that I fucked up and immediately took them to medbay to get them resurrected. I know that what I did was dumb so I would like to request for my ban to be at least shortened as I don’t think a perm ban is justified here; there was no ill intent. I’ll try my best not to repeat this mistake, shouldn’t bee difficult lol. I quite like the server so if you guys would be so kind as to shorten the ban that would be awesome, thanks!
EDIT: Would like to add that I DC’d because I unexpectedly had to leave, sorry.

Perma to forums is there for the reason of explanations really, I’m glad you’ve opened an appeal and explained your actions.

I’ll be going over the full round logs shortly but from what I remember, your story matches what I was told in an adminhelp.

Please try to keep in mind that in-game IC anger would account for maybe pushing or punching someone and following the escalation policy there, however starting out by attacking with a null-rod whip against an unarmed non-hostile breaks our escalation policy, so please take some time to go over it here https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Escalation_Policy

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to read over the wiki a bit more…

After reviewing logs, the adminhelp story and yours match up, and the logs match as well.

Please try to keep in mind that just lashing out at someone with a weapon and putting them down isnt good RP even if your character is angry IC, Escalation guidelines exist for a reason.

I’ll be shortening your ban down to a week or so for now.
Please improve your general behavior on the server, you’ve been warned multiple times over the course of a week, for multiple things.

Our Rules are here - Rules - BeeStation Wiki
Our Naming guidelines are here - Naming Guidelines - BeeStation Wiki
Our Escalation Policy is here - Escalation Policy - BeeStation Wiki
If you’re new to things, you can always use Mentorhelp in-game and if you’re unsure if something is ok to do, please Adminhelp it.

Take some time to go over our rules and policies, and please try to abide by them, or you may find yourself perma-banned again.

Thanks for understanding

Appeal Accepted
Ban expires on 2022-10-26 19:14.