[sage] is turning yourself into a monkey failrp?

As with most things, if you can find a well fleshed out and sane reasoning for doing something, it’ll probably be OK. But lets face it, 99% of the time when someone turns themselves into an animal (monkey or otherwise) it’s not to enhance the roleplay experience, it’s to use it as an excuse to do things they normally wouldn’t be able to do. That would be failrp and is against our rules.

As my personal recommendation, just don’t.

2 Likes

How about this as an idea.
People to turn into monkeys retain normal human speech, and thus are still crew.
They were made into monke by NT tech, therefor they still must do their job, even though they’re monke cause NT owns their Soul.

So basically powergaming but made easier via code?

What is the advantage of being a monkey if I might ask?
Pros:

• You have dwarfism

Cons:

• You have less hp
  • you can’t wear certain clothing
  • you can’t ventcrawl with any items whatsoever
  • You can be gibbed by fairly conventional means

You have dwarfism, you can ventcrawl if needed, you have way less pixels. Also I think martial arts don’t work on you

This is what boredom does to people.

2 Likes

Is it really so hard to RP as a grown up adult that is working on a high tech research station? Even if we have wiznerds/spacedragons/cults/revs/tots/ninjas and N other shit, those shifts are a rarity, an anomaly

Fuck monkeys

Also guess what, we have a server that you can do any gimmick on (as long as it doesn’t break general rules). Wanna turn into monkeys and rob armoury? You’re more than welcome on Golden

That’s exceedingly minor TBH.

• Vencrawl - Depending on how atmos is you can die in the pipes and be practically unrevivable.
  • Martial arts don’t work on you - This is again minor if not outright niche, who TF is using sleeping carp,CQC, or krav maga on monkeys? Also anyone using something like sleeping carp or CQC will literally body you in 3-5 punches
  • Way less pixels - Also way less health.
  • Dwarf - I guess that’s one of the bigger benefits.

Other cons also include!
Can’t leave the station
Can’t use guns
Can’t wear most protective gear that isn’t a mask or a helmet.
You’re unironically so valid that accidentally harming can result in you becoming a steak
Can’t be cloned IIRC

HOW it is powergaming is beyond me, if not outright baffling

1 Like

Atmos are usually useless so you are free to ventcrawl in most rounds.

Pixels >>> health

Monkeys can use guns

lol

Monkeys are just better humans. Also, it’s fail RP, me saying it is ‘powergaming’ maybe wasn’t too acurate, but turning into monkeys is just bad.

Huh that’s new to me then. Regardless my other points still stand.
You can’t even rob the armory because you can’t vent crawl with anything on you or held in your hands.

you can rob armoury because you can just go in and defend against anyone trying to stop you?

if being a monkey has so many cons and few pros why would so many people want to do it? :thinking:

One day my dreams of Gorillas being able to defib staff will come true, one day…

1 Like

Monke is simple life I guess.
Granted I don’t do this, but I can understand why some people wanna go and be a monkey.

1 Like

TBH I would love to have Gorilla and Orangutans be player races.
It’d be fun to see doctor counted monkey men

1 Like

This summarizes my thoughts.

It’s almost always going to be poor for our setting, but almost always isn’t the same as always. This definitely falls under the veil of “ask first or risk punishment”

This is literally how any server that isn’t total anarchy works - staff that owns the server decides what is and isn’t acceptable for their server, and other players choose to or not to connect based on whether they like that.

• It is RP to be a deranged, psychotic killer that kidnaps people.
  • It is RP to name yourself William Riker and act like a heroic womanizer.
  • It is RP to be catastrophically incompetent at your job to the point of sabotaging the entire station on “accident”

But on this server you are expected to RP characters that fall within our set guidelines and not just do whatever you want. Not everyone can be the star of the story.

You’re a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job.

If you are not following this and you are also not an antagonist running some sort of gimmick, you are not fitting within our expectations. If this is “too boring” then leave and let the rest of us have our “boring” RP like we want.

1 Like

Me when I fully agree with Ruko :flushed:

2 Likes

woohho, more gamers for golden

1 Like

me when i see someone agreeing with ruko :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

He really is being up front with it TBH.
“Don’t just become a monke, ask.”