Ruling on abductors stealing

It becomes pretty hard to tell if an abductor takes a known objective item "because it could’ve/would’ve posed a risk to them instead of trying to screw over someone going for greentext.

Abductors have a lot of power in game, not to mention potential to grief the round.

Their experiments might have an impact on the round, the organs that they implant into people, etc, but they shouldn’t be taking an active role in the round other than people vanishing then reappearing and waking up with sore bums.

1 Like

Maybe there should be abductor escalation which abductors are expected to follow?

Also the BS Bodybag issue could just be handled by saying “You cannot teleport with BlueSpace items in your inventory, as anomalies may occur”.

3 Likes

Cring. No new snowflake manifestos please, id much rather be contempt in the fact that abductors are omega rare.

1 Like

Having them be omega rare is even gayer.

1 Like

Having BS bodybags interfere with the teleportation is actualy a good suggestion, considering BOH’s already do that with normal teleports

2 Likes

What llol111 suggested sounds very good. at the end of the day that’s consistency regarding BS stuff and Abductors lately doesn’t feel that rare, a couple of months ago they were like one every 2-3 rounds on MRP

Yes, this is perfect and a great idea. It’s the same thing that happens when you try to use wormhole projectors while wearing Bag of Holding.

BoH code only checks for a Bag of Holding + teleport using portals I believe. It also needs to be on your back.

if its in ur hand also does it, died like that before, not fun

as abductor you can experiment, so brainswaps, removing organs/limbs that are not vital to living, changing peoples faces, giving people all sorts of implants and so on is fine in my opinion.

taking caps spare is also fine aslong as the cap can get a new id or has another cap id allready.

taking traitor objective items forever is not ok, just put them back in the lad like cavity implant them or something for fun or put them on some lad you kidnap just make shure either the person who used it against you cant use it against you again or wont have it when you send it back on some other abductee or just tele and throw it on the station.

Eliminating threats: AI, Persistent Sec/command (maybe just remove their arms) and validhunters shure. Other antags well ok, but usually as antag i dont even fight abductors if i dont have to as they can give me some cool shit or make people who are threats to me like AI sec/command and validhunters get weakened

I’m not even sure that abductors should be allowed to kill the AI. There’s no defense that you have as the AI against abductors, since they can teleport onto your core and card/kill you.

There is no counter, and it leads to a player being round removed.

As to the rest of your points, abductors shouldn’t be engaging in direct conflict with the crew and “revenge killing” other players by fucking up their round.

How does this fit with abductors “experimenting” on the crew?

see how the crew treats them if they can only run away. and its better than just killing them or stealing all weapons on the station that sec has.

Teleporting to AI sat to card AI and put them in someones cavity.
would you rather they maxcap the AI or mass emp them?

the AI will screw over abductors and interfere with their objectives so yeah. also no counter? haha just move AI into sec when abductors are spotted and secure the intellicards too.

Killing AI is boring. Carding it and then implanting it into a clown’s ass is a much better move.

You don’t even have to card it if you have a blue space bodybag, which as abductor you will.

Hmmm, does being in a BS bodybag inside a clown allow it to still get powered from the room the clown is in? If so, this actually a genius non-griefing idea. Especially if you brainwash the clown into not allowing the AI’s removal. It will even retain it’s AI powers.
Though does BS bodybag still work if AI is bolted to the floor?

I got banned for this so I don’t recommend it, they told me it was griefing because ai couldn’t see whole station and only what was around them.

Don’t know if it works bolted down but that would make it so that ai could see whole station so

The meta is to kill the AI at the first moment you’re able to, not when it’s actually a threat.

welp then its a WYCI moment to prevent abductors from teleporting into sat.

no killing/stealing AI as abductor would be awful

I’ll be honest I’m of the opinion that abductors should have pretty much free reign to do whatever surgeries they want to their victim outside of full-on nuggeting them or removing every single sensory organ or killing them. They think so little of the species on the station that they’re yoinking them, shoving random gooey organs in them and releasing them. They can release virus outbreaks, kill the AI, release shit from xenobio, etc.

Abductors from an RP perspective clearly don’t give a shit about any of the life forms on the station aside from getting data out of them, extracting some extra organs of your own for further study is pretty inside the bounds of RP, as is poking around in their brain with a drill or putting other non-fleshy mass objects inside their chest cavity. It’s not like any of those things are particularly hard to fix.

Any abductors that do it are wasting time to the detriment of their objective anyway, so if they wanna go for it, why not?

I mean, outright killing the AI is the boring solution. As Ravellon mentioned, carding the AI and implanting it is much more interesting.