Rule Rework 2021

To quote our rules…

Heads of staff are not beginner-friendly roles on this server, nor roles to take just for cool gear.

4 Likes

when i said new, i meant “new to head role” not “new to game”. obviously someone shouldn’t pick head of security on their third shift.

honestly it’d be fine if someone actually made the paperwork guide up to date, but rn people either need to spend 10 minutes making a form on the spot or spend an hour beforehand making all the forms they need

I, [sign] authorize Jim Bumblefuck to $ACTION

stamp

4 Likes

+stamp for officialness :sunglasses:

There’s a help menu in-game for paper that gives you everything you need. You don’t even need to go to the wiki.

but then it’s not professional

Easiest SOP is mimes… Dont speak.

1 Like

Dude, IRL at my job if I need auth for stuff it tends to be an email exchange with less than 50 words total.

“Hey I need X to do Y”
“I granted you X so you can do Y”
Paper trails like what Franc said are not unheard of.

1 Like

Exactly.

SOP is about ass-covering on a corporate scale. You don’t need a 3000 word form to say

“Yes, you can do $THING. I say you can do thing, here’s something marking this as legit.”

1 Like

but my ocd :frowning:

You could always write up forms and keep them in a copy pastable format.

1 Like

I got a legit question.

So, in L1 (Validity system), it says;

1. Mutiny, Grand Theft, and Grand Sabotage as described under Space Law makes you valid.

But also, as a general rule (R4- Do not Self Antag);

As a crew member on the space station, you are allied with Nanotrasen and the station as a whole from the start of the round - This means if you commit crimes that may result in you receiving capital punishment as non-antagonist, you are breaking this rule.

So like, we valid AND banned too? Which one is it?

I ain’t even gonna hide the fact I’m bringing this up due to the fact that I like getting AA and doing my projects/memes without bothering anyone (or worse, they’re twats/incompetents) and people can probably vouch for me trying to build a shuttle with department lathes and generally helping a bit on every department before fucking off to do my thing (Setting SM up, upgrading machines, mining, etc.) like @ivanmixo or @Viny1

Y’all are bringing this up to keep shitters at bay which is perfect but it kinda hurts my greytider soul, plus y’all can either choose if we get valided or banned for it? Please?

Having both is bad.
Don’t make me link that one post. Cause y’all know it’s bad having both instead of setting it in stone.

Yes. You become valid to players and can be banned for doing it.

I don’t think empowering players to kill for antagonist behavior is bad. A regular player doesn’t know the difference between self-antag and actual antag unless they die and check moodlets.

I do have a few questions regarding SOP for the detective:
“The Detective may not perform arrests or searches.”
Is the detective allowed to ask a sec officer to accompany them to detain or search someone if necessary to further pursue a case? Does the sec officer need to be the one to physically search the person, or can the detective do so themselves after the sec officer informs and/or detains the person for search?

If I see a chase in progress, am I still allowed to administer whacks with the trusty baton in order to help the officer, or should I swing by the bar and grab a drink to sip as I watch the hilarity?

“The Detective may not respond to a crime scene if unrestrained criminals are still present”
Is tagging along with an officer and just waiting at a safe distance while they dispense Justice fine? I’ve had at least one investigation ruined because Mr. Cleans-the-Bloodstains somehow swoops in the instant after the cuffs go on.

Also one question about sec officers:
Code Green, " Security Officers may not use Armory equipment."
Does this apply to the DRAGnets?

All in all, looks like some nice changes.

Its amazing how many rounds ive seen with handful of people barely escaping on shuttle, theres blood and corpses everywhere, half the station is exposed to space.

And then shuttle ducks at centcomm and it says Extended.

Golden doesn’t have extended rounds, and the discussion at hand pertains specifically to Golden. We do not encourage players to take matters into their own hands on Sage unless it’s the only option available to them, and players get banned when they’re caught trying to be a valid-hunting shitter.

Officers should be the ones performing arrests and searches, so yes having one accompany you is best. The Detective exists to investigate crime scenes and relay information to security officers - they are not a security officer themselves.

You should not even have a baton - you should have your revolver for self-defense and tools for investigations and that’s about it. If you want to to go grab a drink and proclaim “Not my job!” it’d be hilarious.

Janitors and Detectives are natural enemies of one another - this is expected conflict. Try to communicate not to contaminate or clean crime scenes until you’re done. If Cleans-the-Bloodstains blatantly ignores those orders and insists on cleaning… perhaps they have nothing to lose by contaminating the crime scene and the filthy lizard is a conspirator :wink:

If it is in the armory, it is off-limits on green alert at least until a threat is 100% confirmed. (sometimes there’s a delay to the alert level itself being raised, and acting outside of it in cases like this is IC between the rest of command staff and sec)

1 Like

Hop already gets the telescopic batong, flash and a miniature energy gun, thats more than what the other heads get roundstart.

Unless I missed a pull request being merged or something, the detective starts with a wooden police baton in their backpack (and also apparently pepperspray in their wardrobe, which I wasn’t really aware of until now).

I assumed you meant stun baton, sorry.

1 Like