Ruko's Ruleing on bypassing pacifism

Ruko be like: NO BYPASS QUIRK IT ROLEPLAY INFRACTION!!

ME: so that means that if i pick prosthetic limb, Im NOT allowed to get it replaced?

What about smoker: I must NOT grind it into patches, But smoke normally?

What about picking nyctpohiba as an ethereal, or blood deficiency as an IPC, Will i be banned for “Bypassing” Quirks?

You shouldn’t pick a quirk just to powergame bypassing the requirements of it at the start of a round.

Ah yes, Instantly pick all the terrible quirks and never get any actualy good quirks, right?

Bruh, they are there to promote gimmicky roleplay, you’re kinda missing the intention of them if you are trying to Min/Max fckin traits lmao

I pick quirks to try bypass them and get all the cool quirks, like freerunning or light step, and pick species that negate the negative quirks, like IPC blood defiency

If you pick smoker, then instantly start grinding cigarettes into patches so you can avoid smoking during the round, and pick prosthetic limb and immediately get it replaced by a surgeon, you are powergaming.

Picking quirks only for positive benefits and then picking a species which negates any negative quirks you have selected is powergaming dude.

You’re not playing this as a game, you’re playing this as something to min/max.

Is this lrp? MinMax all you want

Is this Mrp? You have missed the entire point of the system

So that means i must play pacifist blind paralgeic HOS?

1 Like

Hehehe, I wasn’t pacifist. Mime learned that the hard way.

Actually role-playing on the rp server is fun, suprisingly :thinking:

Then what is the point of the quirk system anway

Are you picking those quirks solely to grief others in the round by taking an important position and being purposefully incompetent at your job?

2 Likes

Im making an example of what you want the quirk system to be on mrp

Did i also mention I have a couple of hours as each head role, and if quirks like that are so detrimental they make 1 incompetent, Why should they exist?

Because most players want to spice their rounds up a bit by adding a small amount of artificial difficulty.

These players are intelligent enough to realize that turning themselves into a paralyzed lump of meat hopelessly addicted to illegal drugs will result in a negative experience to themselves, and that if they do it as a head of staff will result in a ban.

If you’re using the quirks system in bad faith to make the round harder for other people, you will be banned.

2 Likes

With that logic, should we remove heads of staff from having quirks?

oh.
oh shit.
:flushed:

Quirks are for giving yourself a quirky character to play around. One with benefits and faults.

If you want to be a blind head of staff, go for it. You’re going to have a rough time, but it’s by choice. If you want to be paraplegic, it’s the same - you’re giving yourself a disabled character by choice to make the round more interesting for yourself.

If you combine all of the negatives at once, you’re not trying to make an interesting character, you’re meming and intentionally being a worthless waste of space for the sake of the meme.

What about bypassing normal quirks, Like Blood defiency IPC?
Or Chugging welding fuel as an oozeling with blood defiency

Yea haha, I was called the ‘Diversity Hire’ when I went in as a Blind, parapalegic catgirl HOS.

To be fair, the round forced me to stay around sec a lot more than I would’ve and routinely check cams and find things I normally would miss. 10/10 would diversity hire again

Pretty sure bob(admeme) gave me cookies for surviving too

Thats powergaming.

Fine if you do it in LRP if you really wanna MinMax, because it is an environment where RP is made de facto effectively disregarded. So a system to enhance ones RP really can be used however you want.

Exploiting the system in MRP, however, just makes the system that’s meant enhance RP pointless when it should matter. It should be part of developing an interesting backstory or allowing you to walk off the beaten path past >300 hours of experience or the like.

Y’know?