Ro5490 ruling disagreement (naming guidelines)

CKEY: Crow4

Your Discord: Thiccules#4050

Offender’s CKEY: Ro5490

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11/14/2022

Round Number: 41365

Rules Broken (if relevant): Naming guidelines

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): While you have the discretion to make decisions outside of the rules, you may not simply bypass rules you disagree with. Use your discretion wisely during unusual circumtances.

Incident Description:

I’m playing as Albert Wily, Like the guy from megaman, and i get bwoinked for my name, I figured the name was fine because I thought his name was Thomas Wily, I was wrong, which is totally fine I’m asked to change my name and have my name changed. I replied to the bwoink question about my name being then just Al Wiley (with an E), or Ted Wily. Ro says no that’s not allowed because the last name Wily is a reference. Okay, that’s totally fine then.

5 minutes later I ahelp to report Morgan Strange and Perla Strange, for naming violations on having a referential last name (Dr. Strange like what in the movies)
then he say:
Admin PM: Under admin discretion rule 0 and rules lawyering I’m going to reject and close this adminhelp. Have a nice day.

So what’s good for the goose is not apparently good for the gander, and they log off or deadmin whatever

I did rules lawyer a bit in my ahelps, so i condensed it to just the most obvious refrencial name and figured it’d mean in this context if they’re known by just “title” name then it’s not okay. Like, Dr. Strange, or Dr. Wily in this case.

9 Likes

Which I honestly think if you were like “George Simpson” it wouldn’t have to be directly a reference to the Simpsons, as they’re specifically named. Like y’know Homer, Marge, Graggle.

I DID fuck up on my name, as the guy in megaman’s name is Albert Wily, which was my name, I honestly thought his name was Thomas Wily for some reason

1 Like

I request this be closed on the grounds that I’m entirely over the naming guidelines issue. I plan to simply comply, there’s a million names I’ll just think of something better. Fuck this naming drama, it’s harming us and i don’t wish to contribute further thank you.

5 Likes

Closing per the above. Marking it as rejected for internal reporting purposes only.

3 Likes