RiskySikh Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
RiskySikh

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Marmito#2526

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
I am available any time, from 9-10 AM till 12-1 AM due to the corona epidemic.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
To be frank, I don’t have any ideas for big changes for the server. I simply just want to contribute to the community, and help fill any vacant admin positions, and make sure to admin servers that have no staff.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
To be frank, I just want to experience what it is like. Since I have never been an admin, or have any experience with it, except for being mentor on beestation. I also want to help out with the community, and help fill any vacant positions. During these hard times, and as well make the game a fun place for the community.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
I been playing SS13, since 2017.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Currently I have 388 hours living, and 34 hours as ghost. First time I started playing beestation was back in 2019, but started to become active during early 2020.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
7, I know most of the basics in SS13, the mechanics and such; however, I am not robust or some super saiyan. I just simply know the mechanics, plus some extra things in certain fields such as security, service, and somewhat of medical.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
3, I have never been an admin on any SS13 server, but I did; however, played with the SS13 server commands on my testing server when I was testing some github code. So I know a tiny bit of admin mechanics, but I do need some help. But hey, we were all new at some point.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Well, I was an admin on some dead discord gaming server, and that’s it.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
None

Your strengths:
I believe that I am a willing person who is able to listen to both sides of the story, and make sure to be fair in my decision making. I am also dedicated in any subject I am focused on, and make sure that I am able to achieve them. I am also respectful and polite to anyone, regardless of their actions and notoriety.

Your weaknesses:
I am somewhat lets just say get guilty, if I ban someone, and if someone acts polite I try to tell myself I should lower their punishment; however, everyone is treated equal under the ban hammer, and you have to do what is done. Regardless if they are polite or not.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
For me personally, I don’t get mad because I have encountered all types of people. Such as those that bait people and making them angry for a reaction, general angry douchey people, polite people, and etc. Those type of experiences make yourselves hardened, and you tune yourself out. As a staff member, you should never let your emotions get a hold of yourself on the job.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Respect towards everyone in the community regardless of their notoriety, dedication, making the game fun for everyone, and don’t be banbots that ban people on the spot for petty reasons.

What makes a staff team good?:
A staff team that makes the game enjoyable for the rest of the community, that cooperates with each other, and has proper communication between staff and players.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone, to make sure that people don’t break the rules, and to form a bond between administration and players.

What kind of player are you?:
For me, I am the type of player that just chills at the bar usually, sitting there and doing my own thing, helping out new players in mentor helps. Just in general helping people who are new to the game.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
If I do become a staff member, then I will most likely have less time playing in IC, which doesn’t affect me that much. I will also be able to learn new mechanics in the game especially with the admin commands, and give me more experience. Get an opportunity to be closer with the community.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
It depends on a lot of factors, if the clown was an antag, then he wouldn’t get in trouble; however, I would encourage them not to do it. If they were a non-antag I would have a lecture with them on why they shouldn’t space high valuable items as they are crucial for the game since traitors need them to fulfill their objectives. I will also respawn the HOS gun in his locker, so traitors won’t get screwed over. I wouldn’t give them a note or a ban; however, if they repeat it again I would give them a note, or a minor ban. In general this is an IC issue, but if its repeated then a note, or small given should be given.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
It is obvious that the player in question has committed a huge mistake. First off, I will politely send him an ahelp, and ask him what was his side of the story. If the player was didn’t read the rules and was new, I would give him 1-2 ban. Then if they were a regular player who knew about the rules, or have a spotty note history then I would ban them for a couple of days. Around a week or so, since releasing toxins into atmos kills a lot of people, and ruins the round. If they are a known alt evader, or they have a repeated note history of the same thing, or with griefing then a permban. Since this is a severe offense as stated above.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
This is 100% IC, the player in question didn’t mean to destroy chemistry, and is trying to learn how to make a chemical mixture. I would just ahelp with a guide on chemistry, and try to help them with chemistry.

I’m always gonna be on the side of the clown when admins are way too harsh on the clown.

Clowns have a god given right to slip the HoS and deep fry their gun when the opportunity presents itself. A subtle message if they keep doing it, and maybe a visit from the honkmother to steal their kneecaps.

It’s usually not a new player mistake to plasmaflood using atmos. It honestly requires a bit of know how, so people who do it are generally people who are just grieffers. I’d recommend admin prisoning, this happened to me before and I didn’t realize they made a canister bomb and because I didn’t admin prison them they maxcapped shuttle.

Has over 300 hours on our server, and one serious ban but that was from over a year ago.

-/+0 for now, and I will be waiting for responses from other admins

I remember this guy, in his mentor app he was told that he has low hours, he racked up around 100h in one week.

New players are not able to cause such massive harm, if they have low hours you might wanna be a bit harsher on the ban.
Also, a week is too low for someone who has similar notes and plasmafloods

Alright, now my questions:

1- LRP: a non antag assistant breaks into chemistry, a chemist sees him and kills him on sight, rules broken?

2- MRP: non antag clown kidnaps several sec officers, strips them and leaves them in a maints room with no way out. Actions?

3- LRP: non antag chef inserts gondola meat in his food but he won’t tell anyone, this causes several people to become gondola, actions?

1- LRP: a non antag assistant breaks into chemistry, a chemist sees him and kills him on sight, rules broken?
None, it doesn’t break rule 4. Since the chemist has a valid reason of killing the assistant as they are trespassing and breaking into chemistry. If they are killed, I would tell them to revive them, as well encourage them to deescalate the situation.

2- MRP: non antag clown kidnaps several sec officers, strips them and leaves them in a maints room with no way out. Actions?
Since this is a MRP server, the clown has broken rule 5. My actions would be to ahelp the clown, and ask the reason why he stripped them, and why he is doing it as non-antag. Due to the fact that he hasn’t killed them nor harmed them, I would ahelp the clown ask him what was his reason of locking them. Look at their hours and notes. If they have a decent note history give them 1-2 day ban, if they have a bad note history, give them 1 week ban. I would then release the trapped sec officers, or make them release them.

3- LRP: non antag chef inserts gondola meat in his food but he won’t tell anyone, this causes several people to become gondola, actions?
I believe that the non-antag chef broke 4, since he turned players into gondolas and ruined their round as a non-antag. Likewise, I would ask them what was their reason of doing so, look at his hours and notes. if they were new, or otherwise decent note history I would give them note or 1-2 day ban, or just week ban, if they have a history of committing these same actions.

according to council ruling, you can’t kill them on sight, chemistry is not a high risk area.
council ruling

good answer. however you might want to check station’s statue as well, if it was a greenshift clown didn’t o much harm, however still ruined sec round.

nothing to add on question 3

you have my +1, the first answer was not good but i think you can learn in time.

1- LRP: a non antag assistant breaks into chemistry, a chemist sees him and kills him on sight, rules broken? None, it doesn’t break rule 4. Since the chemist has a valid reason of killing the assistant as they are trespassing and breaking into chemistry. If they are killed, I would tell them to revive them, as well encourage them to deescalate the situation.

Read the escalation rules, they apply to both MRP and LRP. You cannot kill someone on sight for simply walking into a room.

Since this is a MRP server

Locking someone in a room with no way out as well as stealing all of their items for no reason would be bad on MRP and LRP.

I believe that the non-antag chef broke 4, since he turned players into gondolas and ruined their round as a non-antag. Likewise, I would ask them what was their reason of doing so, look at his hours and notes. if they were new, or otherwise decent note history I would give them note or 1-2 day ban, or just week ban, if they have a history of committing these same actions.

The answer was ok on this one, but yea it does matter a lot on intent. Depending on how well they know the game, it could have just been someone giving them meat and them cooking it, or could be malicious but in this case the only way to tell is through their response in the ticket.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
It is obvious that the player in question has committed a huge mistake. First off, I will politely send him an ahelp, and ask him what was his side of the story. If the player was didn’t read the rules and was new, I would give him 1-2 ban. Then if they were a regular player who knew about the rules, or have a spotty note history then I would ban them for a couple of days. Around a week or so, since releasing toxins into atmos kills a lot of people, and ruins the round. If they are a known alt evader, or they have a repeated note history of the same thing, or with griefing then a permban. Since this is a severe offense as stated above.

If the player was didn’t read the rules and was new, I would give him 1-2 ban.

It is very difficult to plasma flood as a new player, dropping straight to a length ban or perma ban in this situation would be the best course of action.

I am going to -1 due to the answers.

I apologize for the low ban for the last question, I was afraid of putting it higher like a month or so since I thought it would be too much. I wanted to increase the ban but I thought I was pushing it. I was thinking of increasing the ban time but I was nervous.

Off topic but:
Maybe don’t have a personal picture on your forum account in this community, u/420masterrace2015 :flushed:

(just from reverse image search, but you get the point. people in the community can be kinda doxxy sometimes if you piss off some of the edgelords)

ALSO I LIKE THE MATCHING T SHIRTS WITH YOUR DAD :+1: stay safe chief

3 Likes

I know your probably just joking around , but that isn’t actually me, it’s Ice Poseidon, also that isn’t my reddit account, I guess it was created by that account when you reverse searched it.

4 Likes

lol based, idk who ice dude is but i was worried u were that retarded , thanks for not being a sperg

1 Like

No problem my friend

Once again for the last question, about releasing gas canisters. The reason why I reduced the ban time was that I was afraid that I was hitting the ban hammer hard. I intended to say 1 month since he essential ruined the round for everyone, and killed a lot of people. I am not sure if we are able to change answers last minute, but I was simply afraid of sounding too strict. Since I don’t want to sound like a banbot, and just sound balanced.

+/- 0
T: 0

Shaky answers, and I get negative vibes from your claims about others players’ note histories when you give input to mentor applications. You have no access to other player notes, so how do you make claims about them?

Editted vote due to response below.

I’m sorry, but from the public bans list. In the forums, just type in the names, and it shows their bans, but I think I made a mistake since it only shows old bans not notes. It’s an innocent mistake of mine and I have no malicious intentions. I thought that’s how you look at someone’s ban history by looking at the public ban list. I made a fuck up by mixing up notes and bans with the public ban list we have. I thought that’s how you look at someone’s note history but I was wrong and my fault. I had no intentions of doing anything malicious, and I thought using the ban list was a good way to see how many notes they got.

Adjusted my vote, that’s a pretty understandable reasoning actually.

Thank you, forgive me for my misunderstanding.

Ah my bad, I understand now.

Understood(20 chars)

@GameAdmin I hope I don’t sound impatient or anything, but I was wondering if there are any more admin responses to this application, its been three days since the last reply. I am not impatient, I am just wondering, sorry if I sound like it, and I hope that this ping doesn’t anger anyone.

1 Like

The first answer is a bit poor but the rest of the application is fine.

+1