Report a box! (Ruko Inventory Fixes)

Ruko, that bastard, “broke” a lot of boxes with inventory overhaul. This is your chance to voice your concern and finally get that box fixed if it was bothering you. Issues generally should be reported on GitHub, but I felt like making a thread just for this one. You can also ping me in discord if this thread has died and been locked by the time you’re seeing it and you want to add more.

So far the list includes:

• Donk Pocket boxes
  • Cigar Box
  • Bodybag box
6 Likes

The light replacement box contains more than it can carry. It has approximately 20 different light bulbs/tubes and if you take one out, you cant put it back.

1 Like

I feel that the main problem with boxes is that they no longer simulate better volumetric organisation.

It used to be that you had boxes that did a better job of organising stuff than just keeping it loose in your bag, but now there just doesn’t feel like boxes have a use aside from being something for purely aesthetic “Here I put these in a box to give to you” purposes.

Maybe that was the purpose of the PR, but currently if I ever get something in a box, I immediately get rid of the box so I can have more space for stuff in my bag.

1 Like

like any normal person would when they buy a new product, no one keeps it in the original box for carrying around with a backpack

1 Like

But this isn’t a product box, this is a survival box or whatever kind of box you might have.

Problem is that the dedicated box like the survival box takes up 5 slots worth of items. While being restrictive of what items can be placed in it and not always using those five slots of space. So… now you got an inventory which is restrictive of what can be put in it which also takes up space when it isn’t completely filled up and it provides no other benefits. It even makes going around your backpack even harder as you need to traverse through your multiple inventories.

1 Like

I don’t know if you specifically broke this or if it counts as a box, but the sprites for Cigar Boxes and Cigarettes are broken now (Cigar box is always shown as empty and closing a cigarette packet makes it invisible)

Also you cant put matches back in their box once you’ve taken them out

3 Likes

Fair enough

The security webbing holds no extra slots in comparison with the belt.

2 Likes

survival box was reduced in size so it can fit your crucial items without increasing your bulk

What’s the difference between storing its things in your backpack directly instead of the box?

The survival box explicitly takes up less space than the items inside of it still.
If you get rid of the survival box but keep everything inside of it you are losing a small amount of storage space.

Specifically the box takes up the same space as three tiny items (3 storage), while starting with two tiny and one small item (4 storage) for most players, but a few jobs have larger or special items in their box. No matter what the job is though, you can store items from a specific list within it and if you’re wanting to carry those items it can be more compact than storing them loosely.

As a few examples:

• The box can hold 5 medipens while taking up the space of 3
  • The box can hold the yellow emergency oxygen tanks in addition to the tiny blue ones
  • The box can hold various costume masks that double as gas masks (Plague doctor, Tiki Mask, Voice Modulator, Clown/mime masks)
  • The box can be expanded to include a normal gas mask instead of the flimsy one
  • The box can hold flares and hand radios (largely to accomodate station trait, but you can stuff these in there yourself too!)
1 Like

This is not a bug or an oversight, I did not change this. The webbing has always been a cosmetic subtype of the security belt that served no purpose beyond flavor. - it’s code block is literally just a re-sprited and re-priced security belt and nothing more.

This was fixed long ago. If this is still an issue I’ll need to see it reproduced and it likely means someone unfixed it by mistake.

I could swear it used to have two extra slots

2 Likes

The bodybag box cant fit the amount of bodybags it starts with, meaning when you take one out you cant return it.

3 Likes

orwellian, 1984, etc.

1 Like

Maybe it was/should be on the SWAT belt?

Was the survival box fixed so they could include a GPS? I remember mentioning to you but don’t remember if it was adressed, personally i feel like it fits the GPS after all it’s ‘‘survival-related’’ other than that i guess sunglasses are the only thing that i still think they can fit on that box lol, i’ll probably need to play a fresh round and try around a few things because i remember still having some ‘‘huh but it should be able to go in the box, this item is certainly tiny!’’(not code-wise set as tiny but more like the commonsense of ''this is a lollipop why the hell can’t i go there??? the lollipop being an imaginary example)

Ah my bad, I did change it slightly - It used to have six slots and now it has seven

Just like sec belt used to have 5 slots and now it has seven. I could always nerf the sec belt back to 5 and leave the webbing at 7. I determined security was hit the hardest by the changes to sizes of things (especially since I directly targetted the storage of shotgun shell boxes) so I wanted to expand some of the belt.

The basic mining satchel used to hold substantially more ore inside it. Currently it holds a pitiful amount.

1 Like

This change was intentional and not caused by this PR.

1 Like

Use mechs. Bug your local Roboticist to make you a mech!