Replacement Council Member Election Discussions

That’s true, though I don’t think the people are mute amputees.

RPfag detected

هیستسلسخلثثین۲لی خزرستط

1 Like

Dimas ALSO was a decent council member for the most part.

He still is. He surprisingly takes it seriously.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything said by council about anything, but then again, I don’t bother with the discord.
Is there a specific channel or is it locked behind a hidden channel?

Council only channels are locked.

And you don’t see how that is not a good idea…?

Make it available to everybody, just only council and mins can post, so we can see what is going on and give our input, not just have 3 random blokes say what goes and that’s that.

Votes are held through reactions so making it visible to everyone would be suicide.

Along with that, sensitive stuff is discussed, so making it public doesn’t make much sense. The outcome of discussions are already relayed to everyone: Antag rep enabled, xenolings valid etc.

As long as the changes are made public before being pushed, I won’t have too much of an issue. Denied things should also be shown to us so we can see what was denied.

Besides not making private information public, what rules must a council member follow, is there any higher standard for their guidelines or is it just a regular player that’s made into a representative?

They’re regular players. They do not have more permissions than players.

also the council is useless btw

Antag rep is very, very good.

Antag rep is retarded lol

I agree they appear to be useless, maybe mores going on in background but atm just seems like a well liked badge

Time to go all fucktwat with this post.

First of all, let’s address these,

I can tell you that, yes, the Council does appear useless, but that’s because most, if not all, council related matters are handled in private. To top it off, there can be people on the council who are useless.

“Well, I don’t want the Council room to be private!”

That’s too bad, kid. You see, the council had to hold a vote whether or not the channel be private or public. You can see what the result was. Yet, if you don’t like it, you shouldn’t have voted for those people.
Just like how you shouldn’t vote for useless council members. Ones that just shitpost and leave, acting like it’s a big joke.

The council’s job is to discus contemporary issues and create solutions to them. Then the solutions are torn apart to find the most favorable solution. Which means that people who say, “I wish to add X and change Y so it’s more balanced.” are full of shit. The council doesn’t jump into the code and change the game. They change how it’s played.

Let me show you an example of this.
Not a single council member said, “Hey, let’s add Xenolings.”
Moccha did, in a pull request on Github.
You want to know who actually decided that it would go in the game?

That’s right, you guys did.

All of that’s neat to know, huh? Well, what does the council actually do then?

Let me tell you. At first, admins didn’t know how to handle xenobio lings being killed because they were being mistaken as a real, roundtstart, antagonist ling. Then some players started complaining about xenobio lings starting to kill and self-antagging.

We, the council, had to solve all of these problems. What was the most effective solution? Making Xenobio lings valid. Along with them not being an antagonist.
Once again, if you don’t like that, be careful who you vote for. Know who you’re voting for instead of reading some words and saying, “haha yes you got my vote.”
And for god’s sake don’t let it be a popularity contest.

Enough about that part and on to the actual people running up for the spot.

If you read everyone’s post, most of them have the same goal. Some are vague, some are contradicting.
“I want to make the server better.” Okay, explain to us how you’re going to do that.
“I want to make the place somewhere FUN and where people don’t get fucked over!” Please, oh mighty genius, do pray tell how, with a server that consists of 80% of the playerbase valid-hunting to get their “fun”, can you make it where you can kill people and simultaneously not have your round fucked over when you die?

Actually talk with the people that you’re going to vote for and see their reasoning and answers.
You shouldn’t vote for someone you admire and follow. Council members should be looked at with scrutiny instead of worshiped. That’s how Trump went into fucking office.

I hope you do the right thing.

4 Likes

So council is to represent the player base and vote on shit to get added into game?

I see those criticisms of the other candidates and would like to point out this is why you should support me. I always do what I believe to be right and as a pacifist I would never abuse my power as that would lead to harming others. I will take the position very seriously and do whatever I can to help make the server a better place for us all.

It has to be almost a year now since I’ve joined this community and I was even one of the very first patreon supporters for most of that time. I know I can be controversial as I don’t have mainstream views on some issues unrelated to the game but I have always stood up for other players when I believed them to have been wronged. As council woman I will stand up for everyone equally.

Thank you all for being part of this community that I love and as we head into this critical election. When the community suffers, we suffer. It breaks our hearts because we care for each other. We care for our fellow Bee brothers and sisters. So we cannot let this position fall into the hands of those who will use it for their own selfish gain. That isn’t you are and isn’t who I am and not who we are as a community.

As council woman I will ensure that each and every player gets the proper treatment we all deserve. We will reform and be even better despite being the best community SS13 has ever seen already. To those who serve or have served this server righteously I also want to extend my deepest thanks to you. You embody what it means to put service above self. You have held create and maintain the diverse but unified community we see today and you deserve all of our thanks.

• Zoey
1 Like

((((((zoey man bad))))))

didn’t you say that you wanted all men to be genocided in extermination camps doe
zoey man truly based, when was zoey man active last doe