Removing Incursion as a gamemode

thats it basically .

but now for actual reasons.
Reason.1: design: incursion is basicalyl a traitor team thats works together ( 2-5 members) with 19* Tc each. So it is a antag who was designed to be solo ( traitor CAN team up if they want to) but they just put this antag into a team antag situation ( where the rules for team antags apply now) with barely any changes.

Reason 2: the 19* problem. to balance the incursion they are given 15 TC at the start of the roudn each so a incursion can start with 30 to 75 TC. but why do i say the 19 TC problem? because in reality they get 19 TC because they start with a free syndicate radio implant without a box or any trace of it which is worth 4 TC. in reality its worth more because instant listining access to all radio channels ( except centcom), the implant cant be foudn without metaing it.

Reason 3: the excomm vs incursion: excomms are basically tots who are just hunted down by the incursion. But here is the problem the incursionists know who to hunt and from my expereince early on just kill and RR the excomms. The excomms dont knwo who and how many hunt them, just thats they are hunted putting the advantage into the incursions Favour.

Reason 4 : loyality and conversions: when you team up with traitors there is a chance for betrayel or beign abbandon or sold out. with the incursion there is none of this as all have the same obejctives and work together.
the incursions also have access to hypnoflashes and emags to name a few. which they can use to bolster their ranks even further, which is not needed.

Reason 5: how the round goes: Mostly rounds with incursions turn into one sided stomps with the incursion winning. security and command is mostly removed or made unable to realyl figth back anymore agains tthe incursion which makes the roudn stale ( also excomms are dead too by this point most of the time).

SO all in all i find this gamemode is not what we want as a server. as the incursions mostly prioritze winning over makign the roudn more interesting.

2 Likes

Isn’t it 15 tc each? Unless that was buffed?

they get 15 tc free to spend. but they also geta “free” 4 tc syndicate radio implant thats why 19* Tc

I’d also like to add the fact that incursionists usually have 4 people on their team meaning that they get 4 different uplinks, each one with a different set of discounts that usually gives them a higher bang for their buck.

1 Like

https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+Incursion

There’s been a lot of proposals about Incursion these past months, the most relevant ones are:

When the pop-limit introduced got merged, you were seeing a lot more ‘‘two-man’’ incursionists rather than three-four, which was a little more healthy and they didn’t stomp as much

Then there was this one:

Which was reverted here:

Not because the idea was bad but because it didn’t met the proper repo pr standards about merging and such, perhaps it could be brought up again, similar to something like this:

If anyone’s also interested there were a couple of threads that talk about incursionist on #think-tank on the discords

Personally, unsure if it was thanks to dynameme being merciful or something else but i haven’t seen a ‘‘bad’’ incursion round in a while, the last i saw one it was a two-man incursionist which was less… impactful.

The thing is that Incursion gets paired up with the ex-comms(since they’re their targets) so that’s other 20TC for chaos(albeit those would be playing safe considering there’s people wanting their head) but if you add lings, tots and late dynameme midrounds it can get quite… troublesome and they can very easily decimate security and command, that’s why one of the main ways to give them a ‘‘nerf’’ was to give them a nerf to their communications since… they can hear literally anything lol and thanks to this PR

It balanced the issue of the ex-comms ratting the incursion members and staying in sec (which is a good thing since that strat was lame) but it left the regular tot without the syndie encryption key, leaving the three-four people with it, like. even if you have someone permabrigged they can still hear and update everything to the other members

There’s multiple things that could be done to nerf them and there could be some balance done regarding threat combos they get paired up with, but a good start would be the communication one

(They also still have bugged repeated objetives)

Also since Bacon is working on Priority Objectives that have some team-work involved and we sorta have some ‘‘base factions’’ thanks to the Backstory antag thing, i believe we could slowly move away from incursion into something more healthy

1 Like

I would rather wait for bacon’s new objectives first before deciding. And the staff enjoys dynamic antags no?

2 Likes