Removed recipes or recipes that should be added?

Ah, that’s a shame. It would be really nice if it were in it though, thanks for linking it :D.

I’m a bit confused on how to create a pull request. Something about branches and stuff, could you please help me?

These plants are actually pretty handy. I was looking through the GitHub and it seems that Lavaland tobacco leaves contain a chemical that burns fat, making cactus fruit a viable medicine.
The towercaps are obvious because wood and steel if you manage to mutate them before the round ends.
Glowshrooms I don’t really like. They’re ugly and they spread everywhere. I much prefer the mushroom stems if I don’t have access to the numerous lanterns around or the lanterns on me.

Hunter-gatherers actually did farm to an extent, they just didn’t stay in one spot. What they’d often do is set the underbrush in forests ablaze. This would burn it all down except for the trees which are too thick to burn. The ash is incredibly nutritious for the plants and new, fresh shoots would spring up giving more food to deer, making their population rise and in turn be made food for the people. They’d also have areas they’d return to to forage at and maintain it.
Ashlizards aren’t really hunter-gatherers though since they live at one spot and don’t treck, it’s more like they almost never bother farming and go on a suicide mission to attack the station only to get us all killed. That reminds me off a funny story where the majority of my tribe got bored and decided to light themselves on fire. They discovered that they had fire resistance and thought it would be a good idea to fight the station by running into them as a torch… I didn’t hear of them after that.

Pull requests are for putting a tested change in the code (either a new feature or just a bug fix) up for vote to be added to the actual game. Here’s a basic guide to making a pull request, there are some more coding/developing guides on the forums. Zamso's guide 2 shitcode (And how to make a github pr):

I’m a bit fuzzy on this, but I think that depending the the nature of their territory hunter-gatherers either moved around with the seasons or stayed mostly in one spot. I think it was the Australian Aborigines who burned forests to maintain a specific habitat. Hunter-gatherers might have propagated useful plants, intentionally or not, but none of what we consider traditional crops existed back then: practically every human crop has been artificially selected into its modern form over thousands of generations. Most cereal crops originate from tall grasses. Interesting thing about Oats: they derive from a weed of wheat fields that evolved its seeds to mimic those of wheat, so it would be included in the harvest and then be sown with the next planting. This ruse worked so well that oats became the thing they were imitating.

So I can’t make suggestions? It has to be a tested feature first?

You’re free to make suggestions, but for something to be added to the game, it has to be presented as working code on the github for approval. From there it’s if the code change is judged to be beneficial for the game. If an idea’s popular, one of the dedicated developers might add it, but a lot of the recent changes are from someone who though it would be a good idea, did the coding, and made a PR of their own initiative.

Alright, thank you :D.

I’ve been following the Beestation wiki on how to make soap, but it doesn’t seem to work. They say an alternative recipe for lye is adding water and ash, but that didn’t do anything! I got my water from a pond in the Ashwalker base and put it in after I put the ash in, maybe that’s the problem?

EDIT: I found out by looking through the code that lye also requires 1 unit of carbon which is available after grinding cellulose fibers made with planks.