Removed recipes or recipes that should be added?

Does this actually work? I never knew that.

I read something bout lavaland extract while looking through the code. Heals 3 brute burn and tox each tick I think and is made out of lavaland stuff, but has an overdose threshold of 3u. Has no recipe, but I figured this might be interesting for you ashwalker peps

Lavaland Extract is only in miner survival medipens, 2 units in each pen. It seems to heal 5 bodypart damage each tick, and its overdose threshhold of 3 is commented as:

“To prevent people stacking massive amounts of a very strong healing reagent”

Yes, you can throw stacks of ores (NOT PLASMA) into lava to really inefficiently smelt them into sheets to use for crafting.

Bonus lava fact: You can also cook goliath meat via lava without completely turning it to ash

Does this sound feasible/balanced? Ashwalkers don’t have access to precise measurements on their mixing, so there would always be some risk of extra Entropic Polypnium if not prepared carefully in a way that ensures it’s all used up. Gives them a real reason to use Pestle and Mortar too
Also there will frequently be additional products such as space drugs leftover

Lavaland Extract: (Creates 1u instead of 5u)

• 1 Part Entropic Polypnium
  • 1 Part Vitrium Froth
  • 3 Part Nutriment

plasma can be cooked if you take it right out.

goliath meat can ONLY be cooked on lava

Go microwave goliath meat.
It works and puts it on a plate

Interesting. Because plants have chemical production with static proportions, you could examine the container and work out how much of each reagent is inside, so poisoning can be mitigated entirely with mathematics and caution. But you can also just add extra nutrient and froth to keep the Entropic Polypnium below a single unit and hope to avoid the 20% chance each metabolism of 2 brain, 3 tox, 10 stamina, and blurred eyes. The other reagents in the mushrooms, nicotine, Mindbreaker toxin, and mushroom hallucinogen, would be harmless but distracting. Overdoses of the extract itself can be countered simply by counting the reaction bubbles.

I would say (in my uninformed opinion) that the recipe seems balanced in isolation for ashwalkers: Be careful and aware when mixing to minimize harmful effects, or mash up a weighted proportion of mushrooms and roll the die, for very powerful but short-lived healing.
I presume that the 5 body part damage heals every limb for 5 damage, so that would be good for damage dealt evenly to the entire body (fire,ashstorms) but less effective again localized forms of damage (like Goliath attacks).

In the game as a whole I have some minor doubts about this recipe. It’s description is “An extract of lavaland atmospheric and mineral elements. Heals the user in small doses, but is extremely toxic otherwise”, and I’m not sure if a brew of mushroom juice meets that description. It’s meant to be a “very strong” healing reagent. There’s only 2 units of Lavaland Extract in each survival pen, and it’s blacklisted from the Odysseus syringe gun. Miners could harvest the mushrooms and use modern technology to safely make it- a chem master is easy enough to make for cargo- and if Botany gets seeds for the plants they can gene-edit for safe mass production. Overdose effects are nasty, 9 damage per metabolism, for substantial interdepartmental cooperation and some extra effort.

I’ve read somewhere that if not cooked in lava, Goliath Meat will retain its toxins, but I didn’t find anything related to that in my first look at the code.

I did worry a bit about station use of the chemical if we made it possible to create from lavaland flora, but I think the amount of departments required to work together + the low maximum dosage would counteract any serious balance issues with this would cause.

Even on Golden where you’re allowed to do everything yourself, it still takes many steps to get to the point where you’re mass producing it, and even if you’re mass producing it you can’t mass use it due to the low overdose threshold limiting the amount that can be applied at once… and looking at the lethal side of it where players might try to mass produce it for antagonistic purposes - Deathmixes are easier and stealthier to produce, while also being more effective and only requiring access to the chemistry lab as opposed to lavaland -> botany for multiple breeding iterations -> weaponizing it

Oh man that’s awesome! I never knew you could make it yourself. I was wondering how cool it would be if Ashwalkers would have been able to make it, but since it wasn’t on the wiki I just assumed that you couldn’t. How do I know if recipe suggestions have been noted? Is there a website with these things on it? I don’t wanna wait eagerly for something that has been rejected :>

That’s my intuition as well, I was just considering ways the recipe would be used on the station, and if there was any for it to be abused. Miners have better things to be doing, chemistry and botany can make worst poisons independently, and the minuscule maximum dose makes sustained healing with it unviable. You could use it diluted in an IV bag, but that’s a creative use rather than abuse and a round start brute patch/sleeper injection would be more expedient.

Overall, I think the recipe’s quite a good idea- a short and powerful heal for ashwalkers with side effects that can be minimized by careful mixing, while being an esoteric but rewarding feature for anyone willing to take the effort.

The recipe isn’t in the game, we’re just discussing it as a possible addition. If you want to stay updated on game changes, you can read the in-game change log or follow the github pull requests to see what people want to add/remove/modify in the game code.

Ah, that’s a shame. It would be really nice if it were in it though, thanks for linking it :D.

I’m a bit confused on how to create a pull request. Something about branches and stuff, could you please help me?

These plants are actually pretty handy. I was looking through the GitHub and it seems that Lavaland tobacco leaves contain a chemical that burns fat, making cactus fruit a viable medicine.
The towercaps are obvious because wood and steel if you manage to mutate them before the round ends.
Glowshrooms I don’t really like. They’re ugly and they spread everywhere. I much prefer the mushroom stems if I don’t have access to the numerous lanterns around or the lanterns on me.

Hunter-gatherers actually did farm to an extent, they just didn’t stay in one spot. What they’d often do is set the underbrush in forests ablaze. This would burn it all down except for the trees which are too thick to burn. The ash is incredibly nutritious for the plants and new, fresh shoots would spring up giving more food to deer, making their population rise and in turn be made food for the people. They’d also have areas they’d return to to forage at and maintain it.
Ashlizards aren’t really hunter-gatherers though since they live at one spot and don’t treck, it’s more like they almost never bother farming and go on a suicide mission to attack the station only to get us all killed. That reminds me off a funny story where the majority of my tribe got bored and decided to light themselves on fire. They discovered that they had fire resistance and thought it would be a good idea to fight the station by running into them as a torch… I didn’t hear of them after that.

Pull requests are for putting a tested change in the code (either a new feature or just a bug fix) up for vote to be added to the actual game. Here’s a basic guide to making a pull request, there are some more coding/developing guides on the forums. Zamso's guide 2 shitcode (And how to make a github pr):

I’m a bit fuzzy on this, but I think that depending the the nature of their territory hunter-gatherers either moved around with the seasons or stayed mostly in one spot. I think it was the Australian Aborigines who burned forests to maintain a specific habitat. Hunter-gatherers might have propagated useful plants, intentionally or not, but none of what we consider traditional crops existed back then: practically every human crop has been artificially selected into its modern form over thousands of generations. Most cereal crops originate from tall grasses. Interesting thing about Oats: they derive from a weed of wheat fields that evolved its seeds to mimic those of wheat, so it would be included in the harvest and then be sown with the next planting. This ruse worked so well that oats became the thing they were imitating.

So I can’t make suggestions? It has to be a tested feature first?

You’re free to make suggestions, but for something to be added to the game, it has to be presented as working code on the github for approval. From there it’s if the code change is judged to be beneficial for the game. If an idea’s popular, one of the dedicated developers might add it, but a lot of the recent changes are from someone who though it would be a good idea, did the coding, and made a PR of their own initiative.

Alright, thank you :D.

I’ve been following the Beestation wiki on how to make soap, but it doesn’t seem to work. They say an alternative recipe for lye is adding water and ash, but that didn’t do anything! I got my water from a pond in the Ashwalker base and put it in after I put the ash in, maybe that’s the problem?

EDIT: I found out by looking through the code that lye also requires 1 unit of carbon which is available after grinding cellulose fibers made with planks.