Remove the departments

guys what if we just removed all the departments and made everyone assistants ?

why departments suck:

1. too many colors hurt my eyes
  2. me want stuff but mean ole department said no >:(
  3. station is confusing make it a single huge room
  4. not enough communism
  5. not enough department interaction so who needs em
  6. i said so

as of now the meta of departments discourages roleplay and makes meta gangs a mechanic

no i will not code coding is for nerds and i aint a nerd i play ss13 also departments are jerks big mad

19 Likes

What if we also removed antags? that way we don’t have to worry about and have badmemes check if someone is antag when they start toolboxing people?

lol coders are zoggin geeks, zogg’em.

6 Likes

What if… there was only dorms?
<insert joker face here>

2 Likes

nah we just need a big open box with nothing in it

diagram

3 Likes

Better idea, Remove everything. No walls, No floors, All nothing. Shift starts everyone is floating in space Everyone will slowly die then the round will restart. Perfect Right?

8 Likes

we need to finish and merge tubestation and fast tubes, THEN bee will be complete

3 Likes

debugstation?

2 Likes

nah nah has to be new so the map makers get something to do they can even compete to see who has the best empty box

1 Like

good idea one issue we gotta get rid of the whole death thing too it ruins my powergaming roleplaying fantasies

4 Likes

Remove hallways. Departments only

4 Likes

i have never thought of it like that this would stop murderbone i mean you cant kill everyone if you cant reach them

unless you are part of atmos which we can make into a role that requires real world payment only to be used for profit the server upkeep of course

4 Likes

This might actually be an interesting idea for a station.

2 Likes

right what if we got a station with no halls instead we can use the transit tubes we can even call it transit station

2 Likes

I got good and bad news for you Tubestation Dev Thread #2

1 Like

This thread is a good start. I have compiled a list of all the problematic elements of the game into the following list:

Atmos, the SM, Solars, hardsuits, Advanced tools (jaws, drill, etc.), Door hacking, hacking in general, the current research system, discovery research, xenobio, experimentation and artifacts, Toxins, lizards, maxcaps, robotics, drones, Borgs, mechs, Chemistry, chem grenades, smoke and flurosurfacant, epipens, mimes, free health kits at round start, free sleepers and cryobeds at round start, surgery, hyposprays, Genetics, cloning, synthflesh, rezadone, any cure for liver damage, cryoxodone, clonexadone, don’t get me STARTED on space cleaner, cargo bounties, mining, selling crates, selling hypernobilium, mail, mailmen, mailwomen, mailpeople (mailbots are fine), clowns, Lizards, the QM not being a dept head, the mailman not being a round start gimmick role, the HoPline, the HoP, paperwork, PDAs and IDs being separate objects, the atmo distro, scrubbers, ventcrawling, security (in general), the armoury, the warden, cell timers and space law In it’s current iteration, the detective, the brig Phys, mind shield implants, botany’s instakill plant genes, earthsblood, omnizine, holy melons, punji sticks, lizards, CQC needs nerfing, the chef already has access to knives, the bartender’s shotgun, round start custard pies, Round start costume changes for clowns (should be locked behind research to encourage progression), triple-sec, ling sting, nar’sours, lawyers (I liked when they got changed to internal affairs agents), janicarts, backpack sprayers, galoshes, round start cleaner grenades, bear traps, the janitor biosuit, The captain, command Comms (just use PDA Comms) Asimov laws, paladin laws, crewsimov laws, antimov laws, upload changing, upload codes, intellicards, chaplain’s religions (they need so much work), lizards, assistants(aka the NRP role), public tool storage(nobody but engineers should have a toolbelt. Guh), engi tool storage, gravity, telecoms, toolboxes, toolbelts, all belts really, and of course,
Admins.

4 Likes

ah a true visionary very insightful but you missed one problem that is the whole “space station” portion of space station 13 what if instead it was a 2d sidescroller set on a submarine we of course would have to rename the game we can call it baro injury (we can workshop the name a bit)

2 Likes

We should call it @Varo trauma

4 Likes

what you mean like this?

2 Likes

I read this as “Lizards and Assistants (AKA the NRP roles)”. Aah, yes. The lazy Lizards, but of course!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.