Remove Kilo from rotation

The map is terrible, its pretty much a consensus not only here but at any other good SS13 server. All the others maps are much superior and pop always drops when Kilo is the map.

There are people who enjoy Kilo sure but it’s not the majority. I know staff for some unknown reason love that god forsaken place but it should be taken into consideration taking it out. Rad Station although not perfect is a much better map that should be given the same ammount of picks that Kilo has in order to get more feedback and improve it. Kilo just won’t improve and it’s gonna remain terrible.

It’s just getting annoying at this point to have that map going and taking away rounds from people ( again who are the majority, the ones that dislike it) that have a more limited ammount of time to play and try to have as much rounds as possible per day.

6 Likes

Kilo is good lol

11 Likes

Kilo is good lol

10 Likes

Kilo is good lol

11 Likes

Kilo is good lol

10 Likes

Tell me exactly why kilo is bad; the only big gripes I have with it are Medical, Science and Engineering being horribly out of date, with Cargo trailing along this Out of date trail, but other than that, the layout is fairly easy to remember and it’s usually rolled with low-mid pop anyway, when the majority of the map rolls being Meta, Delta2 and Corg (and Fland too if you take in account highpop).

8 Likes

Set an upper limit to Kilo maybe? Like 30 players. I play a lot during low-pop and getting the low-pop maps is just painful for me.

I’d rather see Box Station removed before any other map. The map gives me legs cramp in real life…

3 Likes

What did he mean by this

2 Likes

Getting low-pop maps during high-pop. I just woke up dude, leave me be. D:

2 Likes

No

No

It’s a banger map with great atmosphere and theming. It does need a bigger maint system but as it stand it’s still a banger map. There’s also a few other issues, but nothing inherently terrible about it that warrants removing out of rotation.

6 Likes

It is also cozy and I love it for that.

5 Likes

It is also one of the few maps with a dock for the Science shuttle! Something which is VERY often forgotten.

3 Likes

Who are those mystery “majority” people who all hate kilo? And why does the map keep getting voted despite them?

5 Likes

Just yesterday at 40-50 pop I saw kilo being voted at 15 vs 7 for meta and like 2-3 for all other maps

My mistake on last post, I thought I saw a Corg supporter hating on Kilo and my brain got angry mode.

1 Like

IMG_20230609_115149
-I THINK KILO SUCKS

4 Likes

Kilo bad, but I do think it’s a stretch to say a majority of players dislike it.

It seems quite popular to me, so much so it has motivated people to pick up mapping just to get it back into rotation when it has been removed in the past.

2 Likes

Kilo sucks. Corg sucks. I will go against the grain and support this motion.

2 Likes

A general reply to everyone that answered and thanks for doing so to those who wanted to debate and asked for a better elaboration.

But truth is that I just don’t have to elaborate on why Kilo is bad. The reason I say is just… that. I really don’t. It was just a bad design with huge flaws. Some of you already pointed out some of them and to repeat everything that was already said about it after many years since it’s release is just beating a dead horse. What a better reasoning than the one I stated using this server as an example? Everytime Kilo gets picked the pop drops. Yesterday is a good example, at a time where the server should peek around 40 + people, Kilo was the map and a lot of people including myself left and it went down to a 20-25 plus with the usual bad round complaint afterwards. It’s quite common to see people voting for it and leaving afterwards too. Also, Rad map , like I said, is getting updates ,improving and should have more opportunities granted in order to generate more feedback and bring some originality to this server. There is nothing more else to say about it really other than being … bad!

Another suggestion that I want to point out is to even decrease the number of maps on rotation. 5 at most. There are way too many maps and although Kilo is the worse, there are others too that are quite subpar.

Let me remind some of the children here is that this is just a suggestion based on facts but Im not trying to impose anything. Its a fact that Kilo is a bad map and good servers that this one basically ports don’t have it on rotation anymore. It’s a fact that most people don’t play it and when it’s picked on rotation, pop drops.

Most of the suggestions and implementations that goes on here are based on what others are doing so I thought about suggesting something GOOD that others did. That was all.

1 Like

Fair enough low pop sucks