Remove disarm

the abilitiy to disarm and use an opponent’s weapon is so fucking overpowered, now you need actual skill and weapons to fight

It is kinda ridiculous that the most dangerous situation in the game, no matter your equipment, is being placed near a wall

6 Likes

didn’t you get permabeaned

5 Likes

Remove other intents too so the only form of fighting avaible is psychological warfare. All 5 people who play psychiatrist will be delighted.

5 Likes

yea, grabbing is way too op as well. we should only have Help intent if you ask me

just don't stand next to a wall

4 Likes

riot armour prevents shoves, skill issue

I’ve never really understood why being against a wall, something that literally opposes your motion in the direction of being pushed, knocks you on your ass, but being pushed while standing up with nothing to support you does nothing.

4 Likes

Solution:

• Disarm always does a knockdown on people in help intent, no longer related to walls but instead related to your preparedness for combat and being suddenly shoved.

• Disarm does not perform a knockdown on someone in any other intent (braced and ready for combat), because @Babundus is right, unless they’re being shoved into something like a table or such that doesn’t provide the ability to brace a full body.

• Toggling to any intent other than help forces walking (which will also make blocking a potentially more intuitive as a side-effect), and toggling to run automatically forces help intent. You aren’t combat ready when you are running at top speed. This both ensures people aren’t always in a combat stance when they shouldn’t be (powergaming) and also cuts down on people who already do this on accident and block doorways or otherwise.

12 Likes

Tables should knock over though

Honestly, that sounds crazy enough that it might work, though I’ve never been the sort for SS13 combat, so I’m sure the tiders and murderboners that lurk around here would have a better opinion.

Unless they’re being shoved into something like a table

in other words tables would still knockdown, as other objects that provide less support than a solid wall potentially should. Machines and Consoles for instance.

never ever do this, reducing fluidity of gameplay for realism is one of the worst pitfalls games can fall into

2 Likes

I fail to see how it reduces fluidity at all. Change is not synonymous with reduced fluidity - combat will still flow in roughly the same manner, but with knockdowns being more of an opening attack than a constant.

It changes “Requires sturdy wall” for “Requires person not be ready for combat, or be against some non-wall object”. You can still potentially lure someone into a place you can knock them down, but “place you can knock them down” is no longer 75% of the potential places you stand.

Just don’t stand near a wall on the confined space station where all of the hallways are 3 tiles wide.

Agreed, that actually makes sense.

forcing walking constantly will make anyone trying to fight absolutely fucked having to constantly press hotkeys to alternate between fighting/running after someone running away

fluidity is gone, and for no valid reason other than “it’s more realistic that when you intend to run to grab someone/shove em american football style makes you walk”

3 Likes

My prefered solution would be to remove shove on knocked down people causing hardstun so its still viable option to slow down your oponent and get away but not to steal esword/ machine gun/ super energy chainsaw

I really like this idea - it would also stop you chain-stunning that security officer you just got the jump on even though in reality he’d be 100% prepared for it after the first blow.

if that happens, half the items in the game will need to be reworked to be much less stronger (the reason the l6 even exists in the first place is because while it does 40 damage, you can just shove the guy and run away with his ultra op gun)

You are suppose to shoot nukies not click them twice to steal their weapons