Title: RD [Burns-Alive-Alot] Blew up all borgs against captains will

CKEY: Furminium

Your Discord: Furminium

Offender’s CKEY: / 

LRP or MRP server: "M"RP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Burns-Alive-Alot

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08.04.2020

Round Number: 19452

Rules Broken: Overescalation(Murderbone)

Incident Description: On this shift the RD decided, despite captains orders and multiple confirmations that the AI is NOT Malf/Rogue from Multiple Head's-of-Staff, to blow up all the borgs, leaving like alot of MMI's back and ruined the shift for multiple borg-players. Of course an F1-Appeal left unanswered

Additional Information: "As a non-antagonist, detonating or killing cyborgs with no justifiable cause or fear of subversion is against the rules, especially if another viable solution exists."

I was one of the cyborgs that were detonated by Burns-Alive-Alot that shift. The AI was carded and repeatedly confirmed as crewsimov by captain.

Shift context: There was limited plasma flooding in botany, engineering hallway, and eventually departure hall once it spread out. As engineer cyborg I was cycling air and dragging scrubbers all shift so I missed if they caught the person doing that.

The incident itself: The evac shuttle was ~2 minutes away. Pirates were raiding the vault, and some people were asking AI to open it to fight them. I believe the AI was preventing entry to prevent harm and therefore following their laws. Evac was minutes away so it seemed justified.

A crew member said losing money was harm, went ape-shit about it when they didn’t’get their way, and then said to kill the AI. Someone also called out a borg was walling off departures (we hadn’t fixed departures yet, I was on my way there to vent it). Shortly thereafter the RD detonated all cyborgs. I was detonated right next to a crew member.

• Did the RD confirm over command radio, or state they were going to do this? Was it done with captain’s approval?
  • Was RD ignoring captain’s comms about the AI being carded already?
  • Did the RD warn crew the cyborgs were being blown to prevent them from being caught in the blast?
  • Did the person who called for killing the silicons an antag, and if not are they more responsible than RD here for the results their comms created?
  • Were there emagged borgs that shift?
  • Why did RD over-escalate to detonating and not lock down?

I main silicon and admins traditionally don’t view killing cyborgs as an issue if there’s a slightly IC belief for doing so. Or that’s just my experience and needs an admin to weigh in on that.

I imagine that’s because we can be popped back into a body and can talk over comms to call out our MMI location. I agree that it was rude to do this minutes before everyone leaves. I got “helped” by two separate crew-members that each tried to eat my MMI’s brain.

If you think that they’re acting rogue, then you lock them down. You then confirm your suspicions with evidence.

If they end up unlocked without you unlocking them, then the AI is malfunctioning and you should probably blow them.

If you blow robots without locking them down first, or without them being obviously malfunctioning, expect to be banned.

@bloons3 appears to have made a judgement regarding this - if so, this can be closed.

I have my opinion but didn’t pull logs.

Aug 4, 2020 @ 15:20:37.333 GAME: <span class=‘notice’>Jenkins27/(Burns-Alive-Alot) detonated Teruyo[DC]/(J.O.E)!
Aug 4, 2020 @ 15:20:38.322 GAME: <span class=‘notice’>Jenkins27/(Burns-Alive-Alot) detonated Furminium/(Rook)!
Aug 4, 2020 @ 15:20:39.677 GAME: <span class=‘notice’>Jenkins27/(Burns-Alive-Alot) detonated Spacegoat/(Head Of Snugcurity)!
Aug 4, 2020 @ 15:20:40.598 GAME: <span class=‘notice’>Jenkins27/(Burns-Alive-Alot) detonated Sarchutar/(R.I.F.T.)!

RD blew up 4 borgs, didn’t even lock them first.

1 week command ban, 3 day server ban. Global.

This topic was automatically closed after 39 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.