CKEY:RaptorYezus

Admin’s CKEY:Bloons3

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both
Ban Type: job ban

Ban Length: Perma

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):2020-08-29

Round ID: 20541
Ban Reason: Mass kudzu grief

Appeal Reason: It was end of the round (etc 6min if i remember correct), oposite side of escape shuttle. Shuttle was able to arive and leave. It was shitter move from my part but i disagree it was greafing. Server rules state (Griefing includes intentionally ruining the game by abusing ingame mechanics (exploits, force crashes/lag, spamming shuttle delay, ect.)

Additional Information: I didn’t see aftermath because my game kept crashing and sure it was stupid from my part, but c’mon perma sounds abit lame.

1 Like

I moved this to the correct category and I want to inform you that it was me who banned you, bloons3 as senior admin only authorized the permaban.
The permaban is standard procedure in cases where the offending party has disconnected after performing the rules infraction in order to open a dialogue through an appeal.

I am going to break this down for you:

Planting Kudzu on the station as a non-antag is always self-antagging and griefing, it will damage the station, possibly kill crew, and be a very huge nuisance that will very likely ruin the entire round. Which in this case, it literally did since it covered cargo which is a critical department during a clock cult round.

Secondly, you planted the Kudzu in maintenance near arrivals, which completely ruined the chances for any new player to join the round as they could not feasibly survive after leaving the arrivals shuttle.

Thirdly, this was a clock cult round, meaning the shuttle never departed from the station, this was announced by the AI in the actual shuttle call announcement and again later in another announcement. The round actually ended much much later, almost an hour after you planted the first seed.

Fourthly, while EORG (End Of Round Grief) is allowed and even encouraged on this server, doing such before the round actually ends (and credits start rolling), is strictly forbidden and is classed as regular griefing.

Logs for added clarity

[2020-08-29 01:25:45.170] GAME: Halinder/(McAstermentanimoe) has called the shuttle.
[2020-08-29 01:25:45.171] GAME: Shuttle call reason: Meteors and clockwork cult. Telecomms hit (general server, so your department comms should be fine) hit. Armory hit. Bunch of other places too. Do note: the shuttle won’t leave because the clockwork cult can hold us here, well, FOREVER, but this is a good way to announce things are wrong. Maybe Central Command will even send help.
[2020-08-29 01:27:29.132] SAY: Halinder/(McAstermentanimoe) “Shuttle call does not matter. The shuttle will NOT leave.” (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))
[2020-08-29 01:36:04.939] SAY: Halinder/(McAstermentanimoe) (priority announcement) “REMEMBER. The shuttle WILL NOT LEAVE. Do not board it.” (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))

01:25:51 [0x2037bf9] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Starboard Bow Maintenance (150, 161, 2)
01:26:00 [0x203940d] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Starboard Bow Maintenance (150, 147, 2)
01:26:46 [0x20396be] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Secondary Starboard Maintenance (124, 111, 2)
01:27:00 [0x200b0f1] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Secondary Starboard Maintenance (123, 104, 2)
01:30:23 [0x200755d] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Starboard Bow Maintenance (129, 145, 2)
01:30:59 [0x20396c6] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Auxiliary Restrooms (66, 130, 2)
01:31:13 [0x20396c5] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by RaptorYezus/(Roman Fields) at Port Bow Maintenance (55, 143, 2)
01:57:22 [0x203904d] (0,0,0) || the pack of kudzu seeds was planted by yorpan/(Iantha Stocker) at Bay #1 (196, 67, 1)

[2020-08-29 02:19:57.374] GAME: The round has ended.

I will of course not let a permaban stick for what seems to be a lack of knowledge from your part.
But I do hope you take the time to read through the rules properly and understand that what you did was some pretty hardcore griefing and indirectly lead to the cult winning the round.

It was bad move on my part. And disconnect was due to constant freezing and crashing of latest patch.
I accept any punishment aslong its not permanent. And im glad you’re understanding.

I 100% I agree with the ban being shortened, maybe to a day or two would be good enough

If you promise me to go to this page and read the whole thing, I will unban you right now: Rules - BeeStation Wiki

:slight_smile:

That’s the unfinished new rules page that isn’t in effect yet.

Oh, I thought it was already valid, but fair enough, OP promise me to read the rules on the main site!

OP sent me a DM to promise to read the rules, and they have been unbanned.