Ban Type:
Game Ban
Ban Length:
3 days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-10-22 13:15:52
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Validhunting - As an Explorer, chased down a nightmare that was dragging a body into maints, and killed them with a vortex gun.
Appeal Reason:
I belive that when I witness some of medbay personnel dead, lights off and the only security officer and command member I was aware about dead and being dragged into maintenance I belive I should at least make some effort to protect the station.
Additional Information:
After I finished my exploration mission, returned the disks, talked with some science personnal and went something to eat, I went to get fully treated at the medbay. When I arrived I’ve witnessed a dead medical doctor, the lights were off and I witnessed the Head of Security which was the only security officer and a command member that I knew about on the entire station being dragged into maintenance, I went into maintenance and attempted to save the Head of Security, I’ve noticed he was dead as I was wearing a med HUD that I found. And the nightmare noticed me so in order to at least save my life I decided to take action.

I feel like if you saw a shadow creature dragging a body into maints in the dark, with dead bodies around the area, and apparently all of security dead(except for the HoS, who is currently being dragged by the creature, dying) you’d think-

• “Damn, thats one scary creature to kill off this many people, especially the head of security, maybe I should run for my life”

Rather than running after the HoS’s now dead corpse and attacking the creature.

However I’m going to wait for a secondary opinion before making a final decision here.

Relevent Logs

SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Maints?” (Central Primary Hallway (113, 114, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has hit [grille] (Port Maintenance (80, 114, 2))
SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Door” (Medbay Central (98, 107, 2))
SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Gonan help out” (Medbay Central (98, 108, 2))
SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Move!!” (Port Quarter Maintenance (76, 106, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has fired at [plating] with the vortex beam from Port Quarter Maintenance (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 106, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has fired at [air supply pipe] with the vortex beam from Port Quarter Maintenance (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 106, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast (U’ruan) (NEWHP: 20.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 105, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has fired at (U’ruan) with the vortex beam from Port Quarter Maintenance (NEWHP: 20.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 105, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast (U’ruan) (NEWHP: -7.5) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast Mr. YoshiMoto/(Yoshi Moto) (NEWHP: -101.8) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has fired at [air supply pipe] with the vortex beam from Port Quarter Maintenance (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast (U’ruan) (NEWHP: -45) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has fired at [air supply pipe] with the vortex beam from Port Quarter Maintenance (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast (U’ruan) (NEWHP: -58.8) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has struck with a vortex blast (U’ruan) (NEWHP: -98) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 104, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has attacked [air supply pipe] with the survival knife (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 102, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has attacked (U’ruan) with survival knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -110.9) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 102, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has attacked (U’ruan) with survival knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -123.9) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 102, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has grabbed (U’ruan) passive grab (NEWHP: -125.6) (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 102, 2))
SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Get the officer!!” (Port Quarter Maintenance (70, 102, 2))
ATTACK: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) has grabbed (U’ruan) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -130.7) (Port Quarter Maintenance (72, 106, 2))
SAY: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) “Shadow dead” (Port Quarter Maintenance (72, 106, 2))

Adminhelp

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): Hey there, got a second?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: Yeah.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): I was just wondering what happened with the nightmare earlier causing you to kill them while theres active security
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: Correction, there was dead security.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: I aint waiting for a seccie with a disabler if the HoS is being actively murdered.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): So, if you saw a person made of shadows killing the top security personnel IRL, would you run up and try to kill it, or would you probably run for your life?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: Well, I had a gun that shoots through walls so…
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: I thought about it, and decided its a good idea to rush in.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: Especially since the attacker aka the shadow does not have a gun.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): Alrighty, give me a minuite
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): Alright, after reviewing logs you’ve blatantly went out of your way to hunt the nightmare(validhunting), using contraband equipment you aquired off-station(SoP violation). As a member of explo, you’re not meant to be hunting down bodies or nightmares on-station.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark)->Ro5490: Well, I've seen him dragging people into maints, how am I not supposed to take the matter into my own hands?

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ro5490->RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark): For the same reason that if you saw a horrific monster dragging someone into a dark corridor IRL, fear. You where recently warned for validhunting and as such you’ll be given a short ban. Please take this time to go over our rules and policies.

ADMINPRIVATE: Ro5490 has created a global temporary 3 days server ban for RandomGuy341. Reason: Validhunting - As an Explorer, chased down a nightmare that was dragging a body into maints, and killed them with a vortex gun.

Also noticed this gem while log diving

OOC: RandomGuy341/(Candace Clark) (LOOC) “Admins got mad at me for actually using my gun on threats.” (Exploration Shuttle (19, 62, 9))

You should not be using any contraband aquired off-station (i.e the vortex gun) on-station via the SoP anyway.

1. The Exploration Crew are permitted to carry UNMODIFIED Multi-Purpose Energy Guns, and knives. They are additionally permitted to store breaching charges and detonators on the exploration shuttle.
  2. The Exploration Crew are not permitted to carry and/or use obtained contraband items for purposes other than handing them in to Security.
    Department Standard Operating Procedure: Science - BeeStation Wiki
1 Like

Hello. Sorry for being late with my response. I was not aware there were any security officers besides the dying HoS as I do not receive notifications about people signing up when I am on a mission on an abandoned station, the only comms that are available on those stations are explo comms and I think station bound radios that I did not have.

As this ban has now expired without any additional input from the staff team, I’ll be closing it.

Please try not to do this or similar again in the future.

Appeal Denied