Quiet Round

This exists as a donor perk at Yogs, I believe it’d be a good fit for Bee as well. It’s an amazing incentive to donate and great for learning the ropes or doing projects without having to worry about being targeted by antags. From what I can tell, it’s not the most popular option but I figured I’d create a thread to discuss it anyhow.

What do you think? Reckon there’s a way it could be improved in a way that’d fit Bee?

pay money for protection

Hmm…

2 Likes

Cringe and disgusting!

If you want to reduce your chance of being an antag’s target, just late join.

2 Likes

Let’s not be dismissive. There’s no sense in replying if you have nothing constructive to say.

This isn’t an altogether bad idea for a server that is ostensibly for role play. Having a slow round option in some way would be very nice, though probably not as a donor perk.

It is very constructive by being dismissive.

Imagine turning this shit on as fucking security!

Not sure if you are intentionally missing the point or not. My critique was not about the option to opt out of antag quarrelings as a whole, but about hiding it behind a paywall.

Yes. By not implementing any form of paying for a substantial advantage. Always having the metaknowledge of knowing you aren’t a target is quite a powerful thing.

6 Likes

Today I turn on baby hug box mode and then go valid hunt
yes, of course

Make it cost beecoins every time you run it

like 1000-2000 beecoins per hugbox round

Now that is at least fair, even if it’s still really powerful metaknowledge to have.

I just think it’d be funny to get people to bankrupt themselves for this

In any case I don’t think it should ever be a dono perk, that sounds horrible.

1 Like

yeah! If on a 40 pop server with 5 command 3 sec and 2 peacfuls, the amount of possible antags drops from 32 to 30, meaning if there are 2 antags and you try to guess who it is you will have a 1/15 chance instead of 1/16 if someone says they only play peacful and you know they are currently playing.

raise the number of people wanting a peacful shift and you lower the pool down to a 1/10 even. Knowledge is power, and knowing who to not bother with is especially powerful.

Bruh this is literally paying for an advantage

you could allways just download bee code and run it on your own and alone to learn everything.

no payment obv

this would be nice to learn some roles, but obv people are gonna use it to powergame/metagame

obv this is useful for newer players since it not only hardstops them from becoming a hard role (antag) but also from being fucked over by an antag

you can’t restrict it to new players because then people will just make alts to use it

beecoins is a sucky solution because newer players dont have any until they git gud

what about a combination of these? make it cost 2500 beecoins, but new accounts get 2 or 3 of them for free. then it’d be kinda like an antag token, except you use it by flicking a switch in the pre-round

literal protection money in ss13

yogmins more like mobmins