PureSmoulder's Mentor Application

Your CKEY: PureSmoulder

Your Discord: PureSmoulder#3277

How long have you been playing ss13?: Since December 30 2021, I have 314 hours in Bee.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Haha I have no friends

Game Experience (More Detailed): I don’t have experience with the deeper and more obscure mechanics of the game, and I’m fairly inexperienced in Engineering specifically. But in terms of the other jobs, I’d say I at least know enough to know what needs to be done, if not the best method of doing so. I mainly play Cargo, HOP or Captain. Sometimes I play Medical, Service or Security if I’m in that sort of mood.

2 Likes

show hours, screenshot the menu of the “show-tracked-playtime” verb

1 Like

Right, sorry. Edited.

Oh dear lord ai main, you’re already masochist enough to be an actual good mentor. But here’s some questions to test that little ai brain of yours.

1. Me dirty, how build shower?

2. Patient in med bay has a skull in med hud, what do??

3. Ahhhhhh I am becoming a slime and there’s no frost oil, what do I do oh god I don’t want to be oozling.

4. How do I steal secret documents oh god im stupid help.

5. I ate bad food and my characters disgusted for some reason, how can I fix this.

6. I’m a heretic and I have all the body parts needed to make a lonely prophet from my moth sacrifice but the transmutation won’t work, please help I’m scared.

(You don’t have to answer all of these by the way, no one ever listens to me anyways)

5 Likes
  1. how do are produce tritium?

2. what roundstart race can’t catch on fire?

3. how can you suppress a phobia?

4. four different ways to revive someone

5. haaaalp im irradiated how fix =(

6. how to maxcap

7. am i allowed to bomb the brig?

1 Like
  1. How do I create barbecue sauce?

2. " How can I put a transit pod in a transit tube, I cant wrench it in AaAAAAAAAA!"

3. Whos your favorite seniormin; Sergei, Sergei, or Sergei?

4. You hear an mhelp. “HELP DYING IN MAINTS” What should you do?

5. “Hey uh, how many hardcoded seasonal holidays does beestation have?”

6. Describe the quickest way to create a singulo delam from the supermatter without a RCD.

7. “Hey. My name is Kiera Katsura and I would like to change my role from traitor to ling please.” You are only mentor online, wyd?

1. A greytider mhelps asking how to safely hack doors without insulated gloves. Give me three ways they can do this without just gambling on the wires.

2. How can you perform self-surgery safely?

3. How do you reload a donksoft LMG?

4. How to send an image via PDA?

5. Someone walks into medbay with exactly 15 toxin damage, 15 brute, and 15 clone damage. What likely happened to them?

1 Like
  1. Use iron to make frame, then insert plastic.

2. Skull means they dead and cannot be revived for various reasons.

3. Ah shit uh… Debrain and put into fresh body. There’s probably a better intended way but this technically works.

4. They’re in a folder in a cabinet in the Vault. Good luck. I suggest explosives.

5. Go ask the chemist for Psicodine.

6. Imagine playing Heretic.

1. I know next to nothing about Atmos… It’s something to do with heating plasma and O2… That’s about all I know.

2. Oozelings don’t ignite. And technically plasmamen can’t be set on fire if they set everything else on fire. :stuck_out_tongue:

3. Ask chemistry for Psicodine or Happiness.

4. You can clone them, transplant their brain into a fresh body, do revival surgery or ask botany to pod them.

5. Usually a doctor doing this for you is easiest. Ie, go to Medbay. But to outline the process, get under a shower immediately. Ingest Pentetic Acid, then slap with charcoal pills until radiation gone.

6. I’m a good rule abiding boy that doesn’t know how to maxcap because I’ve never wanted to maxcap. But seriously, yeah I don’t know.

7. No, even if you are antag. Sec may be free game, but bombs cause collateral damage.

1. Ash, tomato juice, saline glucose and black pepper. And it sounds disgusting.

2. I’ve never done it before, but I’d ask them if they’ve tried clicking and dragging it.

3. Literally who?

4. Check to see if its something they can fix themselves and advise them on how to do so.

5. I wanna say Christmas, Halloween and Valentine’s, but I haven’t played for a full year yet so I really don’t know.

6. I don’t know this one.

7. “Mentors both are not allowed and are unable to change traitor roles. Sorry.”

burn plasma in a highly oxygenated environment, typically a ratio of 97/3 Oxy/Plasma

pentetic should be used for high doses of radiation, and potassium iodide for lower doses

always redirect rules questions to ahelp

take a +0.5 :+1:

1. I’ll be honest. Most of my time playing I’ve been doing stuff on the straight and narrow. I’m not even sure how to hack a door open WITH insuls. (slight exaggeration, I know how to, I haven’t done it much though).

2. Do it in a room with a mirror, but head and chest surgeries are still impossible.

3. I don’t know what that is. Sounds like a toy gun. I guess jam the foam darts into it?

4. Okay, II’ll call it. All your questions have stumped me.

Correct

Correct

:cry:

basically. Really this kind of mhelp isn’t usually genuine and its some admin screwing with you. However, If you don’t recognize the name, a token response not breaking ick-ock should work.

Fair guess. That’ll work for the most part. Really those are the ones anyone cares about anyway.

Just input a shitton of n2 into the SM and turn off the scrubbers.
I do wish you had attempted this.

The correct response. Though personally I would say to them “Ahelp this”

Okay, your engineering and atmos leave something to be desired, but you seen to have the rest down to pat.

Take a +0.5 from me

Well I know what I’m doing next time I’m a tator then.

1. How to do research. (and how to efficiently use points)
  2. How to fix an unslaved borg.
  3. how to grind materials without an all in one grinder
  4. How to fix a husked patient
  5. I used 2 legion cores too quickly, how?

I’ll give you the answers for completeness.

1. A greytider mhelps asking how to safely hack doors without insulated gloves. Give me three ways they can do this without just gambling on the wires.

You can drink grey bull, get the insulated gene from genetics, or use nanites that have a programmed insulation program. You could also just ask an AI/engiborg/CE what the power wires are.

1. How can you perform self-surgery safely?
    Do it in a room with a mirror, but head and chest surgeries are still impossible.

Yes. If you are augmented you can also do self surgery on yourself, no mirror required and you can even yank your own heart out. Obviously that’s not a good idea though.

1. How do you reload a donksoft LMG?
    I don’t know what that is. Sounds like a toy gun. I guess jam the foam darts into it?

That is how you put darts in the magazine, so kind of. Assuming it is uncocked with the dust cover down and an empty box, you would alt click it to open the dust cover, swap to an empty hand, click it to take the old box out, slap the new box in, close dust cover by alt clicking the LMG, then cock it by activating the LMG in your hand.

1. How to send an image via PDA?

As far as I am aware, you can only do this if you have the lawyer’s P.R.O.V.E cartridge. All you have to do is scan a photo by clicking a photo onto your PDA, then you can send it off by sending a normal message.

1. Someone walks into medbay with exactly 15 toxin damage, 15 brute, and 15 clone damage. What likely happened to them?

You didn’t answer this one either, but the likeliest explanation is that someone in science made a rainbow knife and attacked them. The knife does 15 damage of a random type, so unless they got hit by a toolbox, a lit welder, then a slime glomped them, the knife was used.

I will give you a +0 since I did purposefully make some more difficult questions. Total: +1

1. Assuming you’re a scientist, you want to generate points. There are many ways to do so.
  • Make a big bomb in Toxins
  • Scan all the simple mobs on station
  • Glue a Discovery Scanner to miners for them to scan lavaland mobs
  • Glue another one to Botanists to scan their mutations
  • Breed mobs in xenobio to scan as well
  • Apparantly engineers can make Radiation Collectors/Tesla Corona Analyzers but I’ve never seen that happen because we usually need power more than we need points.

When you’ve got the points, you want to research Industrial Engineering into Mining Tech before anything else. After that, work your way to Advanced Mining and Bluespace Parts slowly by researching techs in tier 1 until you advance to 2 and so on.

1. Unlock the cyborg panel, pull out its power cell, screwdriver to expose wiring, then pulse the intelligence link.

2. Mortle and pestle. You make the mortar with wood planks and the pestle with plasteel.

3. You need synthflesh or rezadone to unhusk corpses. 100u of the former or 1u of the latter, I believe. Ask chemistry to make them.

4. Uh… I think you scan yourself with the health analyser, which will offer a cure. I wanna say lavaland plants contain the chemicals to cure you but don’t quote me. But the time period to save yourself is really short, so honestly just find a place where people will see you and hope to be rescued.

1. fair
  2. fair
  3. pestle is made with 1 iron
  4. good
  5. eat cactus fruit

+0.5

Oh fuck this is late but uh you got most of em right, surprised you knew the Psicodine to be honest I just asked that to laugh at your lack of chem knowledge.

Despite having awful opinions (enjoying ai and hating on the best not flawed perfectly balanced antag heretic), I’ll give you a +1, but be more based next time.

1 Like
  1. What are 3 or more different ways to increase/decrease the size of your character? This can be in height or width.

2. How can you make emotes hearable for blind players? How can you make emotes visible for deaf players?

3. Is there a way to survive a nuclear blast on the station?

4. What is the fast way to bolt a door as an AI? The fast way to shock it?

T:+2.5