Ban Type:
Note for Ingame
Ban Length:
N/A
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/11/01
Round ID:
Note Reason:
As a borg under Efficiency, let a crew-member get facehugged (as they where riding on the borgs back, and the borg went into the xeno cell), claims it was accidental and they didnt realise the person was on them, Then later in the round turned off the shield generators, releasing the xenos. They claim that they where trying to gib the xenos with the shield.
Appeal Reason:
Regarding the person on my back being facehugged, I would like to point out that I attempted to operate on them to remove it right then. Regarding the eventual disabling of the shield, it failed after I had ceased power-cycling it.
Additional Information:
I do not wish to imply misconduct by RO5490, hence this not being an admin report. But I believe in both cases listed in the note, I attempted to prevent damage.
I was N3K0 M4ID, the medical borg. I was on the efficiency lawset but had no AI.
It was a pretty low-pop round. Mid-round, we received a xeno egg with a centcom message that they would be arriving “in a few hours” to retrieve live specimens.
Regarding the initial facehug. Before I began to interact with them, the miner and the explorer were messing with the xenomorph egg. They had placed a monkey near it and it had hatched, but the facehugger hadn’t actually hugged the monkey yet. In an attempt to assist in this endeavor, I was entering the isolation area to move the monkey to the hugger. While I was momentarily distracted, the miner boarded my back, and was hugged. I immediately prepped for surgery to remove it. This can be confirmed with a log dive I was worried that depriving Centcom of their funds would cause backlash but that was less of a serious problem than the extermination of all life on the station. But the victim said they wished to keep the parasite, and since I still wasn’t quite sure which was more efficient long-term (A valuable source of funds counterbalanced by the high chance of it turning us into the source of nutrients), and nobody else objected, I deferred to them. I could absolutely see how RO5490 could mistake my actions for self-antag, but my intentions were completely above board. I also think deliberately allowing yourself to be hugged and refusing treatment is self-antag, but I’m not reporting him. That’s between him and the admins.
Between the first and second incident, several minutes passed. I attempted to fight vines and was critically damaged (all modules offline). I went to robotics to seek repairs and a self-repair upgrade. Nobody was there to help. I went to xenobio to see if the weirdos poking the cage containing (at this point) 2 xenos could help me. I saw that the smaller one was banging against the shield wall. I power-cycled it a two times in the hope of goading it into being in a square that the shield wall would be in (which gibbs it). Kane told me not to, and I complied. As we were discussing the matter, the shield turned off on its own. I went to double check the APC. That was still fully active. The xenos got out at that point.
Ro5490 saw my power-cycling the shield and assumed I was attempting to release the xenos.
If you log-dive, you’ll see there were several seconds between when I stopped and when it actually went off for longer than a few ticks. I have a screenshot of the client side text stream for this incident. The previous incident was lost by the time I went to collect it.

I apologize for the long-windedness of this explanation, and I hope this can be resolved to our mutual satisfaction.

I left this as just a note, as I was pretty sure that nothing was entirely intentional (as I note you claim accidental, and that you where trying to gib with the shield) - As far as I’m aware its an accounting of what happened and nothing more.

If theres any adjustments you think might make the note clearer, feel free to let me know!

4 Likes

Ah. I read the “they stated” and “they claimed” as essentially your saying you didn’t believe me.

Understandable, I’ll edit the note to make it a bit clearer if that works for you

3 Likes

Note updated

Appeal Processed