CKEY: Yuliy

Your Discord: Harry.K#1661

Offender’s CKEY: pricklytomato

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 04-16-2023

Round Number: 43614

Rules Broken (if relevant):

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

Relevant about server ban policy

Relevant about general attitude upon ticket, felt like it was terribly biased on one side.

Incident Description: There was an issue between me and aggressor, the scientist. I will call them A on this report, as I couldn’t took their name to file a report.
‘A’ has came up on the toxins lab on the round start, then giving out some points this and that. I told them to stop at once, and make their leave.
However, ‘A’ disobeyed my request, and continued to stick so close onto the toxin bomb process. They were also informing the wrongful, so-called ‘tips’ and ‘guides,’ so I while correcting them that something is already in satisfactory limitations (Where you only need 50 moles of Tritium and have to cool it down to 230 Kelvin,) I also told them to leave at once, or I will call out the research director to demote them.
However, they repeatingly disregard my words, and opening the valve of the plasma to flow, which was closed by me. I told them to stop opening the valve, but they continued to open, sabotaging the work process.
After warning like 5 times, I begin on disarming them 2 or 3, few times before actually engaging into combat state because they continued to move around.
They fell in critical state, and I stopped my combat upon their crit state.
However, they functionally gave up their life by ghosting out, right at front of the RD-Captain who just rushed in.
RD-Captain didn’t said much at all to the security team, who just arrived.
The ‘A’'s OOC action of ghosting out inflicted to escalate the IC punishment of mine, at this moment.
I was sent into brig, then after serving the time, I went back to the toxin lab to finish up the process.
However, ‘A’ was there, dismantling few of the gears that was properly putted on at the place. This is a definite sabotage.
I told to the captain-RD, but Captain-RD disregards fully even this is the matter they have to take an action right away.
So, I have re-entered the toxin room, and disarmed ‘A’ continuously, until they grabbed the fire extinguisher on the floor I have putted down just to disarm’em.
After some more fist-fight, I successfully cuff ‘A’ down, and drag them to the security post to make a word with the security who’ve been repeatingly putting a mock on me.
Security, and both captain-RD, however, did not responded proper, as they view me as an aggressor, not the ‘A’ who’ve been sabotaging the whole process.

Throughout this whole event has been informed to pricklytomato when they approached me with an ahelp, but despite I repeatingly told them that ‘A’ has been informed to be stopped at once about their behavioiur, pricklytomato applies me a server ban, which shouldn’t have been applied as I did not disobey any of the server rules, nor have I been unsupportive, nor be aggressive in the ticket.

Additional Information: I am very positive I haven’t been aggressive on the ticket when pricklytomato has approached to me with an ahelp, as while to say, there were so many logs that I have been telling ‘A’ to move along and go away, also been warned more than 6 times, while ‘A’ being very abrasive and stubborn, and never to give up.

1 Like

Round ongoing 1562

You got banned because you put someone into crit over an IC argument with no proper escalation, and refused to acknowledge the issue, instead going into the pointless argument that “putting somewhat into crit” isn’t murder.

I saw Pricklytomato handle that issue, and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, aside from you asking if you could get a second opinion, to which you got told that it would be adminshopping.

You should have appealed.

3 Likes

Hm, to me it sounds like they followed proper escalation. Our escalation policy page states this :
Seems like the other scientist was doing a big disservice by giving wrong advice and even intervening in the process when asked not to, multiple times. OP then proceeded to start shoving, then punching when the other scientist didn’t back down, then eventually punched that A scientist into crit.
But this is just from reading OP’s post without log diving or witnessing the event live.

1 Like

but from an IC perspective, would you damn near murder your coworker because they got in the way of your work?

3 Likes

Toolboxing began without any aggression against them.

Then I guess I’m wrong here. As I said, this was just based off hearsay.

Certainly not, but if they’re actively sabotaging toxins to the point of even opening some plasma valves… he had to be subdued to prevent a bigger issue(toxins blowing up, potentially being filled with plasma or the sabotage all around)

I’m inclined to know the reasons of “A” to do those actions and if they were or not an antagonists, otherwise that alone warrants a player report

Did the played replied to any of your warnings or just wordlessly grabbed, unwrenched, touched stuff?

I even feel like the officers should’ve listened to OP story since he could have the Modifier 1 of Space Law applied considering that Toxins was in the process of being sabotaged

OP should’ve insisted on calling RD/Sec a lot before throwing hands, unsure if he did it.

Edit: half of it nvm since apparently it got investigated by said reported admin

2 Likes

I’m going to address this in order of what your points were:

I talked with this player while I did your ticket. I believe they shouldn’t have pushed their “help” on you to the point you felt frustrated enough to put them into crit.

They didn’t “ghost”, I don’t think you can ghost while in hardcrit, but they died from whispering their last words. They were already injuried to the point that they would’ve probably died moments later if they hadn’t spoken.

This is the issue for me, beside the fact that you actually starting punching for a bit before you tried disarming, this isn’t appropriate escalation. If someone is pushing their “help” to this point you are considering this, you should’ve left the area. Yeah annoying people really suck, though it doesn’t give you the excuse to assault them and then leave them to die while waiting for someone to get them. I’ll talk about what pushed me to make the comment on your conduct later.

While you were not aggressive in the ticket, you were not seeing the point I was trying to make. Which is: just because someone is annoying or making you angry doesn’t mean you are allowed to just assault them. Throughout the ticket you kept trying to make excuse after excuse about how many times you told them to leave or told them to stop, which is why I made the comment about your behavior. While it isn’t really okay for a player to be harassing you, it isn’t okay to just kill them. It is easy to just get away from that player, or if that player escalates things to ahelp it.

1 Like

I think one of the RDs roles is to help resolve issues like this in their departments.

Edit: re-read the post RD was acting cap.

they were acting cap at the time. They were with the body of Catherine in toxins once I arrived with the rest of sec

Ghosting while hardcrit succumbs and ghosts you instantly instead of leaving you in the dead body until you move. It’s do-able, but there’s no major difference between ghosting in crit and using the succumb verb

I thought I mentioned this, but the logs prove otherwise that you didn’t start disarming them. after you told them to leave a few times you went straight for the crit. Shoving only started after combat had started, and not really as a “get away from me” kind of strategy.

[2023-04-15 15:40:18.323] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 94.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:27.803] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has attacked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 82.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 103, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:32.018] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has attacked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 73.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:32.301] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has shoved Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:32.884] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has attacked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:33.147] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has disarms the mechanical toolbox Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) (NEWHP: 100)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:34.232] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 54.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:35.213] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 47.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:36.006] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 40.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:36.461] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 88)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:36.813] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 33.8)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:37.308] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 79)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:37.720] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has punched Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:38.168] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 67)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:38.534] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has shoved Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (190, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:38.997] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 55)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (188, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:39.300] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has shoved Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:40.585] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has kicked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 20.6)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (188, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:40.659] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 43)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (188, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:41.703] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has kicked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: 10.1)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:41.917] ATTACK: Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) has attacked Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) with mechanical toolbox (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 31)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (188, 102, 2))
[2023-04-15 15:40:42.565] ATTACK: Yuliy/(Neeus-Reesa) has kicked Ice Type/(Catherine Brown) (NEWHP: -0.4)  (Toxins Mixing Chamber (189, 102, 2))
4 Likes

What I want to achieve from this report is not that their judgement on punishing me as a whole was wrong.
What it is that I felt the punishment was harsher than it should’ve been, by putting a day server ban, instead of like job ban for day at the very best, or just leaving a note.
Followed by admin policy, the server ban wasn’t necessary action to be taken, and was overly harsh punishment.
I also felt that this action of what they taken was biased, protecting the person who’s also an offender by continuing to pressing out the ‘tips’ that wasn’t needed, and been demanded multiple times to get them away from the area.
From what I can see was that this researcher ‘A’ wasn’t punished at all from what they have done so far, at all.

Admins do have discretion when it comes to bans, the reason why specifically you got a one day ban was because the whole situation was mostly you getting too mad and over escalating. The day long ban was meant to give time for you to calm down, think things over so you can get back into the game with a fresh mind. Especially since you couldn’t understand why you going straight killing a coworker over them being too forceful with help, insisting that you “only put them into hard crit” was bad. Giving players a day to calm down from being enraged isn’t really unusual or cruel, and a job ban isn’t appropriate because the reason for your ban wasn’t job related, it was conduct based.

At that point I believed you failed to understand the rules and resisted what I was trying to tell you, so combined that with the anger shown in your logs toward that player (and going back a second time after the first fight) to instigate another incident I believed it was appropriate to give you that one day ban.

They were told off about their behavior, I’ve never tried to “protect” or deny what they did wasn’t wrong. Players shouldn’t really be pressing others buttons like that, but IC wise arguments like that CAN happen. If they tried to aggressively remove you from Toxins because of the mix you were trying to do, I would’ve dealt with them differently but that wasn’t what happened.

Later today I will try to pull up the say-logs to prove my point about the anger you showed in game over this situation, as even death chat was trying to figure out if it was RP’d anger or genuine player anger. If those players see this, reply so I can find that exact conversation in deadchat

Edit: Moderators do not have the perms to get logs from previous rounds (I have the attack logs before the round was over since I noticed the admin report being filed during the round and figured that would be useful for the report) so I’m not able to pull up any other logs. I’ll just wait for a headmin to look over this to pull them up, this report has really been more of a ban appeal and feel like I’ve already said enough

3 Likes

It’s possible to use /ghost verb without making your character catatonic if you’re under hardcrit. This can be used maliciously to frame someone for murder when they just critted someone.

Well that should be seen in logs, i hope.

if they’re in hard crit they probably would’ve died soon after anyway