POLL: Remove (Curb) Xenobio

Author is banned for the foreseeable future.

I have perhaps not made myself clear enough. Let’s assume you segregate these overpowered abilities and you can only obtain one of them. Does it make these abilities any less overpowered?

Yeet all the stuff you don’t want to keep
if you think a specific thing is OP it doesn’t have to stay.
And for the most part, yes it DOES make them less OP. Half the things xeno can do are way less powerful assuming burning yellow, regeneratives in general but mostly bluespace, and stable light pink don’t make it through, and sentience potions get put as far away from simplemob production as possible to the point of making them mutually exclusive if you have to.

2 Likes

This.

This i actually like, possible in some form of combo with my idea.

Your last paragraph brings up an interesting point for solving the interaction problem. Following your line of logic: Lets say Verdant can only grow on Grass, this requires interaction with Botany. Say certain breeds will only reproduce with certain chemicals or reagents contained with food. The interaction between Xenobio and Botany would be legendary. This is actually partially how Bay does it (Tho they dont have crossbreeds.) because on Bay (And Aurora.) all the dangerous/fun stuff for Botany is in Xenobotany which works with the Xenobiologist. And it wouldnt just be botany either. Chemistry in particular would also need to be interacted with along with the Bartender and the Chef.

Idk anything about Tech slimes but if we did do them and flush them their Crossbreeds perhaps they could be a way of obtaining discovery points? Different crossbreeds would “transform” thus allowing you to do various things with them. Or they just spit out strange objects to be research by the EXPERIMENTOR. Which literally has no use.

Honestly im just throwing stuff at the wall here.

1 Like

We need more depth and content, thats why bee is so stale, REMOVING content, is probably the kast thing we want to do, abstain on removing xenobio unless we can get more content drops until botany and xenobio are not literally the only form of depth

OP probably got killed by a rainbow knife and is seething

1 Like

Interaction with other departments only works if they are given incentives to cooperate

Do you have any idea what Xenobio can do for Botany? Aside from make it Irrelevant.

I mean Botany can make every department Irrelevant but it takes a lot of time. Xenobio can do the same also given time but significantly less effort. They always have incentive to work together just most Botanists are assholes.

I can’t think of a single way for the two to interact save for gatfruit.

you can get infinite monkeys from botany. If it’s empty i’d sometimes even move the machines over to make a combined department.

that’s about it though. and gatfruit sucks. you can get some other plants from the silver slime i think, maybe.

Xenobio can make bees and infinite food with differing effects. Botany can use both.

But Botany’s job is to make bees and food. That’s just Xenobiology invalidating Botany.

Botany doesnt often do Bees because frankly, the mechanics behind it are confusing and it doesnt rly work well.

As for the food, you rly shouldnt eat it. But some of them you can get shit from if you grind it.

So you’re saying that xenobiology is useful because it lets you do someone else’s job with a fraction of the required effort, knowledge or resources? I hope that isn’t a recurring theme.

2 Likes

What? No Xenobio cant actually do Bees properly. They cant breed them or make honey from them. They can just make Reagent Bees and Queens.

For some reason Queen Bees dont actually get made so your number of hives is limited. And breeding for specific reagents requires lots of Queens. Xenobio provides the Queens and potentially some of the reagents for the process till so Botany can get what you want.

Botany literally invalidates Chemistry by merely existing btw and that requires tons of knowledge and effort. Xenobio is capable of doing the same thing to Botany. I am saying that it shouldnt and that they should work together. I was explaining ways in which they can. Not that they should.

Not anymore as much after nerfs.

1 Like

Its entirely possible to invalidate medical if competent miners come back and you get lucky with strange seeds. I did it a few weeks ago. Instant full heal from soft crit tomatoes.

ummm sorry sweetie, antags can’t powergame

But what makes that situation different is that is was because you got a good roll with strange seeds which are in limited supply and vary wildly in their usefulness. Even outside of rolling for good seeds, Botany is time consuming, you can easily spend a whole shift perfecting one very powerful plant, but not have time for other options. Xeno is as despised as it is not because it can make one very powerul thing, but it can make a bunch of powerful things.

By design, you will have a whole kaleidoscope of slimes no matter what on slime type you focus on. You might be gunning for greens or blacks, but you will get pinks and purples and dark blues just through rolling for the mutation you want. Bored of blacks? Take a dark blue and turn it into a cerulean. Make an army of golems. Hell, take that other purple and give that army free heals.

Most departments can do incredibly busted shit, but are limited by resources or time or both which caps out how much crazy shit they can do. Xeno is relatively quick, can generate its own resources and is incredibly versatile. Make bombs, make food, make rare materials, make infinite power, make an army of loyal followers. All it takes is an hour of mind-numbing grind.

Ah yes because 100% of xenobiologist are antags :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

While everything you say is true it also takes a lot of time and skill to learn how to do that in the first place. Most players cant learn how to get to the OP shit in one shift.

And you can be very easily fucked by RNG.

Also yeah, thats kinda the reason im proposing changes?