Plumbing has been soft-removed. Let's talk about it

Quite literally yes.

2 Likes

No it is not. The fun in the game are those many things you can do. removing more stuff will be like switching slowly from republic to dictatorship.

Yeah. No. This is a dumb move imho.
Removing more stuff to do does not equal more fun.
Perhaps we could try to avoid turning beestation into a glorified chatroom when there’s other servers that do that just as well?

The nerf to plumbing is mainly a fault of the lack of wounds and traumas.
If they existed we really would’nt be giving a shit because chems can overshadow the entirety of medical.

The reasoning to remove because of ‘lack of RP’ is bullshit, we have miners disappearing for lavaland safari hunts and scientists fucking off with the sci shuttle.
Working on your actual starting job and being proficient in it should not be a bane; the chemists are roleplaying their jobs and being good at it.

Making chem factories is fun, it takes effort and is prone to sabotage. I would hate for them to be removed. Actually gives good chemists something to work towards instead of huffing drugs or playing with pyrotechnics.
Chemists actually had to work in the past,Look at how cryo tubes were butchered and ask yourself if anyone recently actually worked to improve starting cryotube setup. where are the 15 reagent god mixes of the past? Whatever changes that happen are not the consequence of chemicals being overpowered. They are powerful for a reason, the reason they were nerfed is because its easier to nerf it than change the entire system.

All in all i feel this is pointless to discuss, when ruko comes in with his medical changes that is discussed behind closed doors it all becomes moot.

#RIP plumbing and cryotubes

5 Likes

Thank you for saying what I’ve been wanting to say.
In general it really feels like this removal of plumbing is just a salt PR merge.

Me reading this thread.

2 Likes

Have you ever watched a game dev blog or a “making of” video for any piece of media? Please take a look at how much features and content is left on the cutting room floor. Please take a look at how many thing that they taught where a good idea got changed or completely removed.

“More” stuff doesn’t equal more fun or more RP.

That might the vision you two have for the game. You just want a sandbox with as many features as possible. But I don’t want a sandbox. I want every feature to have a clear purpose for being in the game. I want every item and every feature to encourage RP.

You are correct. I wish people would stop making this argument. Mining sucks. Exploration sucks. Half of the departments suck. Just like medical currently sucks. And just like plumbing currently sucks. Can’t fix it all at once.

Frankly when I read some posts I see that people lack basic knowledge about game design or just have a completely different vision for the game.

This link really says exactly how I feel.

Let the RP be coming from what can people do. And not turn the game into over glorified Stalinist style playstyle in which you do what you are given only and what allowed only.

1 Like

No. I want more.

There is a difference between encouraged and forced RP.

Yeah encourage RP. Lets remove a lot of gases as well why not just let the player work with the SM by powering it with cold Nitrogen only. Why not also removes bombs from uplinks to encourage RP huh? What is next lets remove maints access to make greyshirts roleplay by hacking into maints.

I am completely against on removing any features. Instead of removing try improving. But sadly the coders in bee function on salt mechanics in which if things gone against them its nerf time. For instance the nerf to lavaland antag roles makes observing inflation of gas prices more enjoying than playing them.

2 Likes

Lmao.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

1 Like

Forgive me as I haven’t read the whole thread as I’m heading to bed soon but I’m just leaving my small lil idea I came up with here. Hope it sparks more ideas in people on how to tweak plumbing to be better for all. (posted the same thing in #donors-input on discord)

Tweak plumbing by reviving circuits and making chemfactories be made using machines and circuits together. (also make circuits work on other machines, as a silly example: I want a slime grinder which activates when I say “bazinga”)

Pros:
  • Sci and Med teamwork
  • Takes planning and teamwork
  • Teamwork and RP
  • Makes more advanced factories possible
  • Basically ties chemfactories behind circuit research
  • Revival of circuits + potentially making them able to work with machines
Cons:
  • Takes longer depending on how long research, planning and building takes
  • Nerfs quick and easy factories
  • You actually have to RP and can’t just speedrun

Just a silly lil idea, so if you disagree, it’s allright, you can either suggest different stuff or just ignore me

Picture that includes text of an example I came up with for Ivan on discord

Discord_aNA91vHGll

Edit: added picture of some example I came up with for Ivan on discord and removed some useless text at the bottom of the reply

1 Like

Dios mio…

3 Likes

1 - Acceptable
2 - Acceptable
3 - Why not just wait until the new system is ready to implement before removing the old system?

I’m two for two on write-up threads causing community discussion.
It makes me happy to know that others feel strongly about the same thing that I feel strongly for.

potion seller i require your strongest potions

2 Likes

The link you posted is interesting, but I am pretty sure it falls to a lot of logical fallacies. It calls game elements that create feelings of accomplishment “design faliures”.

It reads like someone who is angry that other people are having fun the “wrong” way.

You realise that other people have different reasons for playing SS13, right? And that’s ok?

1 Like

You are a rascal!

2 Likes

Chem dispenser should require compressed matter cartridges to work

Yeah. There is. And you’re kind of forcing it.

1 Like