Plumbing has been soft-removed. Let's talk about it

I’m commander shepherd, and this is my favorite thread on the forum.

I keep coming back to this post.
You’re right about the chem fridges.
How could they be improved?

Get a battery charger and an inducer. (Ideally get science to upgrade the batteries. Or even get a yellow one.)

Setup an input gate and filter/storage instead of plumbing chems.

Build factories with manual refilling. Might be more effective now?

I’ve made a thread regarding a discussion i had over the discord, and I want some extra feedback regarding it instead of just rageposting with nothing done around here.

this is a concept for future balance/nerfs/buffs regarding the main culprit of the plumbing “soft-removal”, synthflesh and plumbing itself, so do not come in expecting a solution on the spot.

god i forgot this meme existed

1 Like

do not revive this cursed thread

3 Likes

Bruh, no. Improve don’t remove is a mentality mostly upheld by non-coders who just want to consoom content

As it stands, plumbing is a mechanic only fun on a solo server due to its severe imbalance issues and huge amount of space taken which is a detriment to everyone but the chemist

If ruko’s med rework dont happen anymore, plumbing genuinely has to go. The fun of one guy who rolled chemist should not come at the cost of everyone else’s fun.

1 Like

The game is played by the players, not the coders, dude.

2 Likes

and players generally do not know what they want, thats the most important thing to know in game design.

2 Likes

That “people don’t know what they want” argument is so trite at this point. You’re a player aren’t you? Well you don’t know what you want. How about you stop arguing for the changes you want. Or is your stance “people I disagree with don’t know what they want”.

You are speaking like a politician now. My advice to you is do not be a bureaucrat in video games.

It is simple as this. Let people have fun and experience and don’t turn the game Chinese communist party government which players only do what coders think they should do.

Yes.

4 Likes

you literally don’t play on bee anymore LOL

Genuinely you guys need to understand “cool” features which only serve to allow one guy to play singleplayer and powergame till immortality are just plain bad for everyone until extensively reworked, and removal would be preferrable until then

lack of content is always better than terrible content, but most players dont see it because “woah cool i can play solo and become god thats so epic”

1 Like

I don’t play on bee anymore because there is more role play in my war torn country Syria then beestation.

Ok Chairman Mao. You can talk all you want to make the game into your own personal hugbox. It is still bad and the majority of players won’t like eating buckwheat everyday. Which is what you want to turn the server into

1 Like

Coders/Maintainers and admins/leadership are the ones who decide what the server shall be and what it becomes
Thats how its always been and how it has to be
Democracy does not work for game design.

4 Likes

What do you think motivates people to become coders?

I’m just very slow at progress on it because I don’t want to burn out bashing my head against a wall with the problems I’m having in design.

Making a system that meets the goals

without causing issues

1 Like

You people need to go outside, holy shit, you guys are this worked up about a bunch of virtual tubes? Like, damn. Please shower and then go for a walk, you’ll all feel much better, trust me.

I mean, I lurked and watched every post in the bans and reports for over a year and a half, and even I think this level of obsessed is dumb, which should tell you a lot. Seriously, please bathe.

21 Likes

since i am obviously the most sane and reasonable one in this entire discussion i will assume that this was directly targeted at whoever i disagree with (obviously insane)
thank you maggotguy

1 Like

@Howluinb31153 YES BESTIE YOU TELL THEM