Please add a way for Ashwalkers to enter station without miner's help

Intelligence isn’t the only factor here though. Collective knowledge is what matters more than individual intelligence. This collective knowledge is then spread to future generations which adds upon their own inventions and findings and passes that on.

This is why anyone pre-modern era would be absolutely baffled by the technology and methods if they were brought here into modern times. This includes the smartest among them. You couldn’t just take Aryabhata place him here with us now and have him understand why the internet works or why the very computer in front of him works or even how. He could learn limited things within his lifetime sure, but because he didn’t experience that collective knowledge that is fed to him like we did during our childhoods to reflect modern times he would be severely limited.

So it does not make sense for AW’s to somehow instantly know how to use a terminal and even less so to hack it which would require even more advanced knowledge than the typical human user. They are also not in a position to reverse engineer such technology as they are so far behind themselves. Where as crew members presumably were all trained with basic knowledges and advanced knowledges in certain fields.

1 Like

Defend the tendril is where ash lizards should stop. There are enough simple mobs, tendrils and if you’re brave enough, megafauna to keep the ash lizards busy for the entire round. If those options somehow are exhausted, miners. Hunt miners.

I disagree with that

But we need a way to somehow get in and out of the station without relying on miners taking us in and out.

You died. Sorry, but if you respawned as an ashlizard, you are not here to have your best time. You are there to wait for a next round to have fun there. Sucks, but its kinda true

1 Like

I didn’t die. I like to press observe to play as one.

1 Like

I mean, if you like to play out such a complex interaction with the people if the station, thats fine. Its just that most people who go to the station just do that to murderbone, since ashlizards technically are allowed to do that.

True, but every time I tell my fellow liggers that I want an alliance they’re like “yeah sure”, so it’s more like they attack the station because it’s expected and they go along with it, but if there’s more to do or someone else wants to be friendly it’s not like they all say no to the idea.
This was all except for two instances, one of which is quite funny.
They all got bored one time and one found out that lizards are quite resistant to fire if they also have the explorer’s suit on.
This led them to thinking that they could succesfully raid the station if they all lit themselves on fire and ran into people.
Needless to say I didn’t hear back from them again.

Now you can only get on station via help from mineboy. This already proves that you are friendly to the rest of the station, and not there to murderbone. If anything, this restriction just makes it easier to be friendly.

My problem was more like there not being a way to get in and out on your own accord. It will be a bit annoying to have to ask a miner to come over to press the shuttle button for you. Sometimes there may not even be any miners!

The issue that the server used to have was that Ashwalkers were a ghost role mainly used to get on the station and start killing people.

Since they are technically antagonists, they were allowed to do things like BoH bomb the emergency shuttle “to defend the tendril”.

Then we got the code change to make them unable to get on station and freely grief each round.

2 Likes

Then make a rule against griefing unless it’s for a reason other than to grief? Like if people are actively trying to hunt the liggers or a distraction needs to be made or they want to team with an antag they found.

Also, having Ashies require an ID won’t stop them, but will slow them down and in turn means that there will be less griefing overall without completely barring them from going in and out.
Maybe any crew ID will do so that we can use clown ID’s. Clown ID’s usually take some time to find since you need to kill the necro guys that haven’t spawned from a tendril, making it not too quick to get.

The history of Ashwalkers and what they were allowed to do as told by someone who loves playing them probably as much as you.

• Ashwalkers could act as antags following normal MRP guidelines. This meant they could kill anyone they wanted as long as the intention was to sacrifice them to the tendril back at the nest. Ashwalkers could come to station as friendlies, could come to station in raiding parties like vikings, or could just declare outright war on the station and lose because the station gears up with guns that ashwalkers can’t fire.

• Someone BoH bombs the escape shuttle as an Ashwalker, completely out of character and with the sole intention of griefing the round from my perspective (They snuck onto station, stayed silent and waited for round to be nearly over before killing the entire shuttle with BoH singularity). I ban them because they’ve broken antagonist conduct by murderboning without a valid reason and I get overruled by the then Head Admin that insists they’ve always been allowed to grief in any way they wish. Our debate is ended by council that rules in favor of them.

• Time goes on and a handful of players pick up on this and begin to use Ashwalkers and their free murderbone status to start griefing rounds, a well known and now banned engineer loved targetting the SM and making it go Tesla intentionally. Some others would suicidally plasmaflood the station. BoH bombings, etc. Assorted suicidal grief that only requires you to kill and take the identity of one person to begin doing. Legions provide a nice cover disguise to start with since most of them are wearing full miner or clown gear.

• Ashwalkers are prevented from using the shuttle console to make getting on the station substantially harder while not impossible. You can still get on, but not without a player to directly ferry you up there. You can’t just find a dead miner or kill the miner yourself on lavaland for access, you actually need a living miner to ferry you up in order to get in.

I would like to go back to the first bullet personally, which is to enforce that they act like any other antag with objectives. They can still murderbone due to validity, but they can’t do it without clear intention to sacrifice the bodies.

1 Like

While I do agree that finding a dead miner for their ID might be too easy, I feel that you should always have SOME way to get in and out.
There may be some rounds where there are no miners at all and that means that the Ashwalkers just get completely barred from the station and that’s not fair.
What about a mod or card much like the miner’s points card you attach to the ID that gives the card Ashie functionality? It’ll be bought at a mining vendor so a miner can buy it for you.

If you’re at war with them you can use their ID to buy it and HOPE that they have enough points.
I still feel that could be a bit problematic, but there probably is a better way.

Right now, what ends up happening 90% of times someone plays as a lig- I mean ashieboi is that they go to attack one lavaland mob, like a goliath or something and then get absolutely bootybumped, and that just isnt any fun

You could always just sit out of the round rather than spawn as an Ash. I personally like it, it’s chill you get you gather resources, kill monsters, and make friends with miners.

I hate to be the person saying “git gud” but it really boils down to that. Trial and error, learn the timing to combat or avoid the combat entirely in favor of gathering, gardening, and making medicine from those supplies. You can help the tribe in more ways than just being another warrior while you’re still getting used to combat with a severe gear disadvantage.

It’s not easy surviving on lavaland with primitive tools and supplies, but that’s what the role is about. I hated combat as ashwalker for a while until I got the timing for dodging down.

you can kill hiero and bdm as ashie MAYBE even ashdrake if you extra good, soo yea it boils down to “git gud”

1 Like

Goliath’s are pretty easy once you understand they have a two hit window after moving where they do nothing

two hits will get you hit 66% of the time do one back down do another