Pineappleman12345’s mentor application

Your CKEY: Pineappleman12345

Your Discord: Jimmy Pineapple#5380

How long have you been playing ss13?: Roughly around 2 years

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Duck18, a player I know well, he showed me the game and taught me the basics.

Game Experience (More Detailed): I am very experienced in most of the game mechanics, I know most (but not all) hot keys, and know a variety of roles with detailed understanding. I can teach people the basic game mechanics easily, I don’t know how to work the sm, so I’ll me no help there. Overall I am experienced in almost all game mechanics, and understand most roles. I will definitely be able to help a new player understand and learn the game mechanics, and their role. Edit: something to add, I used to play chemist all the time (pretty much the only role I played), so I have extensive knowledge in that role, I often play sec too, and recently a lot of playing as the HOP.

Playtime for Pineappleman12345:

• Assistant 7h (2%)
  • Atmospheric Technician 2h (0%)
  • Bartender 40h (11%)
  • Botanist 12h (3%)
  • Brig Physician 20m (0%)
  • Cargo Technician 2h (0%)
  • Chaplain 3h (1%)
  • Chemist 100h (28%)
  • Chief Engineer 40m (0%)
  • Clown 16h (4%)
  • Cook 8h (2%)
  • Curator 30m (0%)
  • Cyborg 1h (0%)
  • Detective 3h (0%)
  • Paramedic 30m (0%)
  • Geneticist 2h (0%)
  • Psychiatrist 20m (0%)
  • VIP 10m (0%)
  • Head of Personnel 3h (0%)
  • Head of Security 1h (0%)
  • Janitor 2h (0%)
  • Lawyer 3h (1%)
  • Medical Doctor 13h (3%)
  • Mime 50m (0%)
  • Quartermaster 30m (0%)
  • Roboticist 12h (3%)
  • Scientist 37h (10%)
  • Security Officer 21h (6%)
  • Station Engineer 29h (8%)
  • Virologist 2h (0%)
  • Warden 2h (0%)
  • Living 347h (100%)
  • Lifebringer 30m (0%)
  • Ash Walker 20m (0%)
  • Free Golem 20m (0%)
  • Translocated Vet 60m (0%)
  • Hotel Staff 1h (0%)
  • Ancient Crew 20m (0%)
  • Space Bartender 20m (0%)
  • Beach Bum 30m (0%)
  • Lavaland Syndicate 2h (0%)
  • Ghost 33h (9%)

Playtime alltogether 380hr

show playtime and jobtimes

I’m using mobile right now so I can’t get my job times, but my play time is 380h. I’ll get my job times in about an hour.

I’ve added my jobtimes

What are the advantages of straight piping the SM?

Some guy applies a synthflesh patch or two and then goes horizontal. What happened?

Explain how to use the genetics console to discover mutations.

How would you set a trigger phrase to a voice analyzer and attach it to a grenade?

Kudzu maint help how fight

1. SM I’m not so good at but I’ll give it a go: It allows extremely fast cooling, and in some cases can saving a delamming SM.

2. He likely collapsed from lack of stamina due to pain from the meds stinging

3. Find a mutation that has broken pairs.

4. Start filling in the X’s. This is fairly easy since most of them are connected to an A, T, G or C. So X-T would be A-T.

5. You will often find X-X pairs. Make sure the rest is fixed first and then guess it. There’s 4 possibilities. AT, TA, GC and CG.

6. If there’s more than 2 double X-pairs, consider using the JOKER, which lets you finish a pair (on a long cooldown) or going out and scanning some people and see if they have the missing pairs.

7. If it didn’t work, you may’ve messed up somewhere. Double check. Also make sure they’re not still a monkey. If all else fails, move on to another mutation or scramble their DNA.

8. You would activate the voice analyzer, say your phrase, it will then repeat it, then take it to either your unsecured chemical grenade (if secured use wirecutters to unsecure) or bomb (valve bombs in sci), for valve bombs: Use a screwdriver on the analyzer first then attach by clicking on the sprite of the bomb, for chemical grenades: click on it, it will open a wires menu, find the attach option to the right of the tab, and click it.

9. In this situation I’d assume they were a newbie, I would tell them to (if they have hotkeys enabled) press 4 on their keyboard to change their intent to harm, allowing them to attack the mob. If hotkeys aren’t enabled I’d tell them to click on the bottom right box of the 4 little boxes at the bottom of their hotbar, they’ll know it’s the correct one if it lights up red, then they should start clicking on the mob to start punching, or attacking with whatever they are holding.

I wasn’t sure on the genetics one so I looked up the guide.

good. The thing about pumps is that gas pumps move a certain amount of KPA at a time. Unfortunately, fires tend to be very hot and pressurize a shitload, leading to clogging. Pipes do not have this issue.

Good.

Good

Also good.

Kudzu’s a plant. I was looking on strategies to fight them, like plant-b-gone or scythes, but this is also good

Overall based lad, +1

looks pog +1

+1

1. SM blows and no one got in lockers, what chemical do you make
  2. What do you stock the smart fridge with at round start?
  3. What chems do you make to beckme the fastest aa grabber in the west?

Personal Questions

1. What is your stance on the ethical issue of bilk?
  2. Do you give the clown the lube spray bottle, or give him a lube bottle factory?
  1. Mutadone to remove any mutations.

2. I would say make some basic patches (silver sulfadine and such), and then later on work on more advanced and effective chems

3. Meth mixed with some mannitol

4. I have never tried it, never will, sounds disguising.

5. Depends on the clown, and or my mood.

Edit: perhaps also some thermite for the AA grabber one.

1. Incorrect, SM Delam doesn’t cause mutations
  2. Fair, any names of advanced chems the station would need
  3. Why would you need Meth and Mannitol for getting AA? Edit: Correct, but there’s another chemical that lets you open that locker faster and better than them darn greyshirts
  4. SMH fuming, bilk is the modern equivalent of the fountain of youth
  5. Fair
  • Final Verdict
    For 100 hours in chemistry, I’d expect you to atleast know the chemical for treating SM Delamination. Although you’ve got a few 1’s, So I’ll atleast give a +0.5

T: 3.5

Sorry I was a little under the weather yesterday, the chemical for the first one is synaptizine. The AA grabber, so you can sprint off at extremely high speeds, making it difficult to get caught by security. The advanced chems: pentetic acid, Salicylic acid, and sometimes atropine.
Also the AA grabber I’m not quite sure what you mean, I assume you mean breaking open the locker as fast as possible? In that case a weak grenade should do the trick, that or a weak emp.

Ah, fair enough, for the locker tho fluorosulfuric acid breaks the locker open faster than most other methods, but im happy enough to change this to a +1

Bump with some atmos question :
Some greyshit opened a plasma canister in front of brig, and lit it ablaze. You arrive as the fire is dying out, how do you restore atmos in a timely manner ?

Someone want to make BZ station side, what should they do to set the thing up ? To maximise efficiency ?

Atmos got eaten up by a non-tesla CO2 SM delam. How, with the help of medbay, can you secure a stable supply of N2 and O2 ?

And one about mentorhelps :
You receive a mhelp stating “WIZNERD, WHAT DO”, what do you respond and how do you act afterward ?

The first one I would use a portable scrubber to try and clean out any left over plasma or C02, I would then attempt to resupply the area with clean air, then I would get a space heater, and leave it to cool. The BZ one I’m not quite sure as it was worded a little confusingly, but I’d assume you mean “how to make a BZ farm”, in which case you must combine plasma and N20 at a very low pressure, somewhere around 10kpa. The SM one, medbay can create liquid oxygen and nitrogen, both can be turned into gas.
For the last one I’m not quite sure on the context, I’d either assume that they are a wizard, or are fighting one. For being a wizard I’d tell them to go to the wiki page (send a link), for fighting I’d tell them to run and hide, that’s all I can really do to help in that situation. I would also attempt to ignore the new information I had received, unless the wizard is already known of.

First one is decent, I was thinking more along the line of empty and refill (either via air alarm or spacing and emptying cans, as space heaters tend to be quite weak.

For the second, decent answer too, I was expecting a mention about cooling down the reaction zone for higher molage per kPa (especially since BZ formation is exothermic).

Third one is good, could have mentioned plumbing and smoke, but that’s already enough to keep people breathing until shuttle comes.

Last one was about a roundstart mhelp, here again, good answer.

Good knowledge, +1

Accepted

You are now a member of Beestation Staff. Keep in mind that you are held to a higher standard than an average player. Good luck